HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #5626

In the end, I goggled and went to one of the repair shops around Kallang.

They quoted me $800+ to change the motherboard etc, so of cos I didnt continue. Now using a Bluetooth keyboard instead
Happened to me before. I just cleaned the connectors on the laptop and keyboard. There were some obstruction preventing the connectors to communicate. Cleaned and it works perfectly.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
Streetsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:09 PM   #5627
Master Member

Like to check here is there are any advice that could be given.

I having a SP3, and just a few days ago my cover keyboard stopped working (I know I should try attach another keyboard to test, but I don't have any friends using Surface Pro for me to lend a keyboard to try.)

I googled and tried most of the steps below (less full reset which I am reluctant to).

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...er-or-keyboard

1. For Hardware Manager, is there supposingly a driver for "Surface Type Cover filter device"? I only can find "HID Keyboard Device" but after updating this driver etc, still don't work. I can't find any link to download the fore-mentioned driver.

2. Ran Surface Diagnostic Software available on Microsoft website with no errors found.

3. Since there is no official Microsoft Support Centre here, any repair shops able to recommend for Diagnostic/ reasonable repair cost?

TIA.
go Harvey Norman try on display set

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #5628
High Supremacy Member

will they replace if the batteries are dying too fast, like in 2 hours ?
koroshiya8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 09:33 PM   #5629

My surface pro 3 connector with the typewrite keyboard has stopped working. I have tried all methods like hard restarting and resetting the keyboard and even with a new Microsoft keyboard, which still didn't work. Anyone knows if Microsoft replaces the connector and if yes, how much would that be please?

Edit: just tried to create a repair order and there is a SGD849 charge since it is out of warranty. Damn.
I have the exact same problem. For my case, it's the connection at the SP3 that is the issue as the keyboard can connect with other SP3.

Didn't bother to try and fix it. Just bought a 3rd party bluetooth keyboard to use with the SP3.

The SP3 also heats up very fast and gets very hot even if it's used for just a short time for simple task such as internet browsing for 15 mins. Battery life is also quite sucky, could only get a couple of hours of use for it.

This will be the last Microsoft hardware product I'll buy. Expensive and low reliability.
DavidPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 10:07 PM   #5630
Master Member

I have the exact same problem. For my case, it's the connection at the SP3 that is the issue as the keyboard can connect with other SP3.

Didn't bother to try and fix it. Just bought a 3rd party bluetooth keyboard to use with the SP3.

The SP3 also heats up very fast and gets very hot even if it's used for just a short time for simple task such as internet browsing for 15 mins. Battery life is also quite sucky, could only get a couple of hours of use for it.

This will be the last Microsoft hardware product I'll buy. Expensive and low reliability.
couple of hours is very very good

you need to fresh reinstall system

I recommend sp6, although I haven't bought; I'm sp5

joesph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 10:49 AM   #5631

couple of hours is very very good

you need to fresh reinstall system

I recommend sp6, although I haven't bought; I'm sp5

Guess I'll do a factory reset. It's a pain but if it means the SP3 will work cooler and last longer, it's worth it.

Hopefully the keyboard connection issue will be gone too.

Meanwhile, I'm reverting to tablet instead of SP3 for productivity. The SP3 battery life is just too unreliable to count on.
DavidPeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.