HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2020, 03:10 AM   #5656

It's like this
Out of warranty, your replacement will cost much much more.

Since it still can charge, just use it until it die and get a new surface or another laptop.

Don't bother fixing it. No worth the time.

Anyone have experience with claiming warranty even after it expired? My surface book 2 is about 1.5 years long, suddenly the laptop cannot be charged using the charger. It still charges using type-c, and the tablet mode also can be charged as well.

I talked to the support, they offered me 1 to 1 exchange for $900+ which is ridiculous considering the exchange isn't even a new unit, and this laptop is barely even 2 years old and its already having hardware issues like this.
Yihaoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #5657

Really it's that bad? Really didn't expect this level of after sales service considering how expensive this laptop cost... Some more this is my first Surface device, really bad experience.
ironsockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:00 AM   #5658

Anyone have experience with claiming warranty even after it expired? My surface book 2 is about 1.5 years long, suddenly the laptop cannot be charged using the charger. It still charges using type-c, and the tablet mode also can be charged as well.

I talked to the support, they offered me 1 to 1 exchange for $900+ which is ridiculous considering the exchange isn't even a new unit, and this laptop is barely even 2 years old and its already having hardware issues like this.
To be fair , out of warranty , other manufacturers won’t even let you have a refurbished replacement set at below retail price .
iduncheckmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:18 AM   #5659
Arch-Supremacy Member

I wonder why they don't just replace the charger or the charging circuit? Why not take it out to a laptop repair shop to see if they can do something?
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:20 PM   #5660

bought one of my corlicks' one (SP5) to Digital hospital and they said they could only change battery, if anything other than that you needa go Microsoft..
Last week episode.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:58 PM   #5661
Arch-Supremacy Member

bought one of my corlicks' one (SP5) to Digital hospital and they said they could only change battery, if anything other than that you needa go Microsoft..
Last week episode.
Woah! That's bad... ifixit rates the repairability at 1/10... so there...
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:22 PM   #5662

To be fair , out of warranty , other manufacturers won’t even let you have a refurbished replacement set at below retail price .
Yeah I understand that it's out of warranty already. But for its power port to stop working just 6 months outside of warranty, a bit hard to believe it's happening.
ironsockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:14 AM   #5663

I have a replacement set Microsoft SP4 256GB i5 8GB for sale. Just received the replaced set barely 10mins ago. Comes with the keyboard (used) and Arc Mouse (used). US power plug.

I've bought a Samsung tablet last weekend, so no trades. I don't need a laptop/PC for my current usage.

Please PM with your price if interested.

Thank you!
Last week episode.
Woah! That's bad... ifixit rates the repairability at 1/10... so there...
I just brought a new Surface Pro 7 from MS Store online, and it is a DoA unit.

How come after these years the QC is still that bad?

I remember when I brought my SP4 from Challenger City Square Mall it's a DoA unit also and I need to go another outlet to get the replacement.
anyone know where to get screen protector for SB2/SB3 ?
hi all. my bf bought me the surface pro 7 but can i use SIM for the internet? if yes which telco you recommend getting the SIM from? is there a SIM slot or its to be put into the same slot as the SD card? also any recommendations for buying screen protectors and cases? my bf and i went to a few shops in burlington square and sim lim square but the vibe wasn't good so we left the shops. thanks.
kaixin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:33 AM   #5664
Supremacy Member

hi all. my bf bought me the surface pro 7 but can i use SIM for the internet? if yes which telco you recommend getting the SIM from? is there a SIM slot or its to be put into the same slot as the SD card? also any recommendations for buying screen protectors and cases? my bf and i went to a few shops in burlington square and sim lim square but the vibe wasn't good so we left the shops. thanks.
sp7 got LTE? use the type cover enough, no need protector

Sent from Samsung SM-G980F using GAGT
joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.