HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #691

Hi guys. Anyone has this weird problem with the type cover where the trackpad is not detectable for a while. But once you manage to type something, the trackpad will work again? Doesn't seem to be hardware problem...
kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #692
Master Member

Hi guys. Anyone has this weird problem with the type cover where the trackpad is not detectable for a while. But once you manage to type something, the trackpad will work again? Doesn't seem to be hardware problem...
disable power saving for the socket???
Old 19-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #693

If Surface Pro is eventually released in Singapore will it at least be a revised version if it's release was really late in the year? (considering how fast technology changes)
murtabakx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #694
E_T
Master Member

It's possible. Haswell will require a slightly newer chipset to enable all its power saving features.
Old 25-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #695

Hi, is there any surface owner here? I just got a surface pro from US, but my power adapter is not working My surface can boot up no problem, but I want to confirm if it is my power adapter that is faulty and not the surface unable to charge.

Anyone can help to let me try on your power adapter to charge my surface pro? I can meet you at your place at your convenient

so sad, the first day i got it already got problem.

appreciate if you can sms me 9.0.3.eight.eight.eight.three.0 if you can help .
biscuitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #696

anyone know where can I buy the surface pro 48w power adapter locally?
biscuitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #697

It's possible. Haswell will require a slightly newer chipset to enable all its power saving features.
thanks for the reply... I'm still pondering whether to wait or to get another tablet/laptop type now (since I do have some kind of a need; yet the surface pro's build quality appears to be a notch above some of the tablet/laptop types I've seen so far)

But in any case, do you guys here - especially surface owners - know of any current tablet/laptop hybrid types available in Singapore that are comparable to the surface pro? (e.g. build quality, features (like the special touch screen with stylus kinda thing))

Thanks.
Old 26-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #698

thanks for the reply... I'm still pondering whether to wait or to get another tablet/laptop type now (since I do have some kind of a need; yet the surface pro's build quality appears to be a notch above some of the tablet/laptop types I've seen so far)

But in any case, do you guys here - especially surface owners - know of any current tablet/laptop hybrid types available in Singapore that are comparable to the surface pro? (e.g. build quality, features (like the special touch screen with stylus kinda thing))

Thanks.
Acer Iconia w700 is comparable to surface pro as it's price point is also around the price of surface pro. I own an acer iconia w700 tablet. Both tablets specs are the same but w700 have a longer battery life compared to the Surface Pro. The bad point about w700 is it's not a active digitizer that enables the pen, no mircro-sd or sd card reader but it comes with a mini-HDMI port with a provided cable mini-HDMI to VGA for presentation. Also the build quality of w700 is pretty solid. You can google about this machine it's pretty neat.

Cheers,
Ben.
Benks1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #699
E_T
Master Member

I just saw a promo at Courts Megastore Tampines, Acer W700 with Core i5 with 64gb SSD selling for $899! I was so tempted but it doesn't have active stylus. It's the Win8 slate with the LONGEST battery life for an 11.6" screen.
Old 26-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #700

I just saw a promo at Courts Megastore Tampines, Acer W700 with Core i5 with 64gb SSD selling for $899! I was so tempted but it doesn't have active stylus. It's the Win8 slate with the LONGEST battery life for an 11.6" screen.
Yupp it uses a capacitive stylus, I did't say it's still pretty neat, but an active stylus would be better of course. But for this price and specs comparing to other tablets it's like the best buy. Btw I own the 128gb, I think the 64GB is a little too less.
Old 26-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #701
E_T
Master Member

You can always buy a hi-speed microSD or Sandisk Cruzer Fit & mount it with Write Cache switched on to increase read/write speed.
Old 26-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #702

You can always buy a hi-speed microSD or Sandisk Cruzer Fit & mount it with Write Cache switched on to increase read/write speed.
Yes I agree but it's always better to have a bigger storage than a smaller storage. Anyways I'm thinking of getting a Cruzer Fit soon, it's small and will not pop up too much when connected to the tablet when I bring it around!
Old 26-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #703

Acer Iconia w700 is comparable to surface pro as it's price point is also around the price of surface pro. I own an acer iconia w700 tablet. Both tablets specs are the same but w700 have a longer battery life compared to the Surface Pro. The bad point about w700 is it's not a active digitizer that enables the pen, no mircro-sd or sd card reader but it comes with a mini-HDMI port with a provided cable mini-HDMI to VGA for presentation. Also the build quality of w700 is pretty solid. You can google about this machine it's pretty neat.

Cheers,
Ben.
Hey Ben,

thanks for the reply.

Yeah the w700 looks really good.

Sry if this is getting too off-topic, but does the w700 have something similar to a typecover like the surface pro? Because if it's just like the iPad's bluetooth keyboard then it's rather inconvenient (I type a lot, but require flexibility too)

Thanks.

Last edited by murtabakx; 26-03-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 26-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #704
E_T
Master Member

Oh boy, you're gonna hate this part. The W700 comes with a stupid plastic stand & a separate BT keyboard. At least the keyboard looks very nice. The stand is Yucks! Sorry...

But the OSK is very responsive though... Touchscreen is very good & got Full HD screen.
Old 26-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #705

Oh boy, you're gonna hate this part. The W700 comes with a stupid plastic stand & a separate BT keyboard. At least the keyboard looks very nice. The stand is Yucks! Sorry...

But the OSK is very responsive though... Touchscreen is very good & got Full HD screen.
I bought the one with a keyboard case. You can google w700 keyboard case or w700 folio. I not a fan of the dock and external keyboad.

Cheer,
Ben.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.