Reaction score
wow.
looks like backlit type cover?

surfacevent2_640.jpg

surfacevent3_640.jpg

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like one of the poster said about the surface pro targeted more at professionals...

the below quote when introducing the pro 2:

"This is super important. If you're a pro using this, it's really important.

"75 percent more battery life, you get to used it all day. The kickstand now allows 'lapability.'"

Last edited:

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new type cover 2 has back light which dims after 9 seconds.
and more importantly it is 1mm thinner than the current one. but coming only maybe next year.

LB_8894.jpg

bedlamite

Reaction score
US$449 for a RT2

MS fcked it up again.

Pro 2, that's another story. The device has a decent shot at corporate, with that docking station

alamin2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is the surface rt still a worthy buy ? getting it cause of education offer @ 266 for tablet itself and 336 with touch cover

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Tomorrow morning 8AM we will start taking pre-orders on all the Surface products. On 10/22 these products will be available."

prices, Surface 2 is $449 and Surface Pro 2 is $899. Surface RT remains at $349.

LB_9184.jpg

Vincent_G

Reaction score
Available in 21 markets!!! I hope Singapore is one of them.. Anyone know where to pre-order?? Aiming for Surface Pro 2, 256GB/8GB RAM..

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice!!!

Surface Pro 2 comes in a variety of configurations. 64GB storage and 4GB RAM, 128GB storage and 4GB RAM, and also 256GB of storage with 8GB of RAM and 512GB of storage with 8GB of RAM.

more pushing for the professional market

"Surface Pro 2, for the professional users out there that want the most productive tablet possible … go get it. This thing is a beast."

bedlamite

Reaction score
is the surface rt still a worthy buy ? getting it cause of education offer @ 266 for tablet itself and 336 with touch cover
It's a good Office tablet with a fully functional browser (i.e Flash). If you're looking at a lightweight tablet that does office with a hardware keyboard, you're not going to find anything better at 300 bucks.

Apps suck though.

Xiaobaizhi

Reaction score
While everyone is celebrating release of the new Surface Pro 2, I am waiting for my Surface RT from my school. Thus, I am looking for screen protector and sleeve now. Any 1 have any idea where I can get it?

I saw some really nice sleeve from Amazon but they do not do international shipping. :( Tried window shopping around but only saw many stand pouch case cover. But I am looking for "sleeve" (like a laptop cover), not a stand pouch case cover that wrap my whole tablet. :o

saljiputeh

Banned
Reaction score
Surface Pro 2 will appeal to the niche users. With the new power dock, I assume the battery life will be close to 10 hrs?

Not sure how surface 2 will appeal to the mainstream users as the price is still out of reach. Microsoft intentions are clearly to make it the ipad killer but it will be hard to sway android/ios users with that price.

bedlamite

Reaction score
Surface Pro 2 will appeal to the niche users. With the new power dock, I assume the battery life will be close to 10 hrs?

Not sure how surface 2 will appeal to the mainstream users as the price is still out of reach. Microsoft intentions are clearly to make it the ipad killer but it will be hard to sway android/ios users with that price.
RT2 is DOA. MS has learnt nothing from the 1.

The RT is indeed a premium tablet with fantastic finishing and build quality, but your typical consumer who's comparing this to 150 dollar Android tablets isn't going to care about finishing. GG MS.

gibson7

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the 22 markets are:

Singapore not included.

Pre-orders of the Surface 2, along with the new Haswell-based Surface Pro 2, begin at 8AM ET tomorrow, September 24th, with the 32GB Surface 2 costing $449, and a 64GB model available for $549. On October 22nd, The Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 will be available in 22 initial markets: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA.

xheavenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

DONT get the touch cover :vijayadmin: (go try it out and you will know why)
if you need a keyboard, get the type keyboard.
otherwise just get the tablet will do.

-A happy user of the SurfaceRT + Type Cover. :o

saljiputeh

Banned
Reaction score
the 22 markets are:

Singapore not included.

Pre-orders of the Surface 2, along with the new Haswell-based Surface Pro 2, begin at 8AM ET tomorrow, September 24th, with the 32GB Surface 2 costing $449, and a 64GB model available for $549. On October 22nd, The Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2 will be available in 22 initial markets: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA.

Singapore should get it around Feb/March next year.

Reason being is that the 1st gen surface was only released here a few months ago.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.