Old 26-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #1081
Master Member

wait for the refresh They might announce it on BUILD 2013, 3 more days. June 28
Afterall there's no touchscreen on MBA
refresh on the surface pro?

im itchy on sammy note8 vs mba 11" or mba13" on haswell
im fine with out touchscreen as i use it for work

since sammy note8 got a pen it more easy to work
and mba mac got full acess to desktop program like mac office and also mac OS which i like it for work and surfing

gaming i still stick to my old win7 desktop with gtx580 ahah
but surface pro or RT tempted me but kinda limited in the feature beside only err is ms office suite if get the RT flavour

plus price is not cheap too even for RT might as well go for sammy note8 or pay more for mba fr the full blown expereince
fuzzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #1082

I bought skinomi's skin for my surface but I'm not using the screen protector, so I have full set including applicator for the surface pro Skinomi wet application screen protector to sell. I have 2 sets (20 each). If anyone interested pls pm me.

BTW if looking for a compact mini DP to VGA adapter, try going to funan to look at some of the Lenovo shops, they have it. Its quite expensive, nearly 50 bucks, but its smaller than the Apple adapter (and way smaller than M$'s). If you are thinking of the apple adapter, forget it, it doesn't work well. It cannot connect to TVs and projectors, only monitors, and the gamma is totally off.
lekguan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #1083
Arch-Supremacy Member

news of a mini version

Microsoft to launch Surface Mini for $299, says analyst - VR-Zone
otaku7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #1084

Question Should I buy it?

Hi, Im a thinking of buying the surface pro for school, however I am a programming student in poly..

Question is Should I get it?

like will the programming softwares work on the surface pro?
I want something light and efficient. Decide to leave gaming on a desktop too..
Yi_xian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #1085
Master Member

Hi, Im a thinking of buying the surface pro for school, however I am a programming student in poly..

Question is Should I get it?

like will the programming softwares work on the surface pro?
I want something light and efficient. Decide to leave gaming on a desktop too..
Yep, I did my development outside on Surface pro.
It does run things like Visual Studio 2012/2013, Netbeans, Expression Blend, photoshop, etc. Exactly what you would expect from a notebook.
LastBattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #1086

Where do U guys get screen protector and cover for surface pro? What brand? Thanks!
Ap3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #1087
Master Member

Where do U guys get screen protector and cover for surface pro? What brand? Thanks!
Not really necessary for me with touch cover... feels like its only ruining the display.
Old 30-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #1088
High Supremacy Member

What do you guys think of Surface RT 32GB at $350? Worth hooting?
jownsftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #1089
Master Member

What do you guys think of Surface RT 32GB at $350? Worth hooting?
I have Windows 8.1 installed on my Surface RT... performance have improved significantly, like the Intel Atom on Windows 8 running things without any lag. I've not reset my device ever since I bought it on December last year.

The little minor improvements combined makes it one of the best tablet experience I had over iOS and Android tablets so far...

I'd say, yes its worth the money. You'll never find a tablet running on Tegra 3 that's so smooth and optimized, unlike the Nexus 7.

Havn't been using my iPad Mini a lot ever since the 8.1 update... its mostly for my hotspot needs

Last edited by LastBattle; 01-07-2013 at 04:44 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #1090

Not really necessary for me with touch cover... feels like its only ruining the display.
i dont really like the glossy screen as the reflections can be quite irritating. the back cover attracts fingerprints and i dont wan it to get scratched too.

seems like it's quite hard to find the screen protectors and covers. not much reviews online.
Ap3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #1091
Great Supremacy Member

anyone knows where can get the educational pricing?
s-ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:01 AM   #1092

Is the price for surface pro same everywhere? Challenger selling the 128gb for $1328 without keyboard
Mr_Browneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #1093
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is the price for surface pro same everywhere? Challenger selling the 128gb for $1328 without keyboard
yes. 10 char
game goondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #1094

I have Windows 8.1 installed on my Surface RT... performance have improved significantly, like the Intel Atom on Windows 8 running things without any lag. I've not reset my device ever since I bought it on December last year.

The little minor improvements combined makes it one of the best tablet experience I had over iOS and Android tablets so far...

I'd say, yes its worth the money. You'll never find a tablet running on Tegra 3 that's so smooth and optimized, unlike the Nexus 7.

Havn't been using my iPad Mini a lot ever since the 8.1 update... its mostly for my hotspot needs
How can i install the new 8.1 preview?

Is it fit for daily use?

I love my RT and i used it mainly for drafting my proposals and reports, no other tablet from android and Apple can do that. haha..

but i have a small problem and not sure if other users are facing similar problem.

IE10 is just not responsive enough, i can be clicking on the same link for a few times but the browser just refuse to load. Not sure about this, but the support for html5 sucks too..

other than that, everything else is great.

so, back to the problem, is 8.1 currently safe for daily use? and also where can i install this new preview?

thanks and advance

cheers
keitaro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #1095
Arch-Supremacy Member

but i have a small problem and not sure if other users are facing similar problem.

IE10 is just not responsive enough, i can be clicking on the same link for a few times but the browser just refuse to load.
I have this issue too. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that IE will only response to the link clicking after it has finished loading everything on the current page.
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.