HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Microsoft Surface

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #1201
Arch-Supremacy Member

btw, for those interested.
i bought a 3rd party mini display port to hdmi cable to project my surface pro to my 50" plasma teebee...

really shiok, watching triumph in the sky part 2 on my tv instead of the 10.6" screen.
game goondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #1202
Great Supremacy Member

is it possible to link a camera to surface and see whatever you are shooting on the camera on surface instead?
s-ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #1203

btw, for those interested.
i bought a 3rd party mini display port to hdmi cable to project my surface pro to my 50" plasma teebee...

really shiok, watching triumph in the sky part 2 on my tv instead of the 10.6" screen.
where to get and how much?
Ap3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #1204
Master Member

Yeah pls share where to buy the mini display port. Will be awesome to do my work on the huge TV screen with wireless keyboard and mouse.
Kiddream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #1205
Master Member

is it possible to link a camera to surface and see whatever you are shooting on the camera on surface instead?
Yup, I am using a Wireless transmitter to transmit shots from my SLR to the surface pro.

One thing to note, just make sure your wireless transmitter is able to connect via infrastructure and not ad hoc mode.

Software wise, if you want every shot taken to auto load on your surface screen, think lightroom can do it.
SouthWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #1206
Great Supremacy Member

Yup, I am using a Wireless transmitter to transmit shots from my SLR to the surface pro.

One thing to note, just make sure your wireless transmitter is able to connect via infrastructure and not ad hoc mode.

Software wise, if you want every shot taken to auto load on your surface screen, think lightroom can do it.
so i suppose it's not live feed?
s-ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #1207
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah pls share where to buy the mini display port. Will be awesome to do my work on the huge TV screen with wireless keyboard and mouse.
go Ventincre and do a search...
"chip chip", less than $20. i think the official one goes for $58.
dun have the original 1 to compare, so cannot tell quality.

of course, HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more! is even cheaper, but this one still need to pay for shipping and its more for bulk purchase.
game goondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #1208
E_T
Master Member

If you mean Live feed from a P&S or DSLR, it's only possible if they support TWAIN, which most don't.

The only way is to use a USB HD Webcam which will give you 720p (not sure if 1080p is available) picture. Can try Logitech or MS.

In the past, it's possible if you have a FireWire port & a Videocam that shoots FHD but on Surface, it's not possible.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #1209
Master Member

Thanks game goondu! Initially wanted to get the original HDMI adaptor for my RT at $58, luckily I googled and found out that 3rd party micro HDMI cable works too. Need to look for a wireless keyboard now.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #1210
Supremacy Member

Hi All !

Ive just dumped my asus android tablet to get a surface RT which will be arriving soon. May I check if there are any decent app to use the surface RT as a laptop extended monitor? Previously I use Air Display (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rdisplay&hl=en) on my android tablet which works very well. Any similar app for windows ?

TIA !
xheavenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #1211
Master Member

Hi All !

Ive just dumped my asus android tablet to get a surface RT which will be arriving soon. May I check if there are any decent app to use the surface RT as a laptop extended monitor? Previously I use Air Display (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rdisplay&hl=en) on my android tablet which works very well. Any similar app for windows ?

TIA !
the RT has hdmi output I think. So not if it supports dual monitor?

not sure if SplashTop released a version for RT?
knave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #1212
Master Member

I think the only way is to get the micro HDMI cable to connect to TV. There's also a micro HDMI to VGA for monitors. Doubt there's an app on Windows Store that functions like Air Display. Welcome to the Surface Club!

Hi All !

TIA !
Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #1213

Nyp had stopped taking orders for the surface rt. Is there any sch taking orders?
md iszaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #1214
E_T
Master Member

Hi All !

TIA !
Air Display, no. Duplicate or Extended desktop is natively supported by Win RT. All you need is a monitor that supports HDMI.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #1215

haha my school now has the mass order, just started :O
md iszaki likes this.
soupgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.