Microsoft Surface

watchlor

Reaction score
i got 2 x power adapter.

WIN_20140302_175727.jpg

pardon the lousy quality photo. taken using surface's camera.

i updated to 8.1 already. didn't check the battery life when on 8. paiseh.

i believe the comparison should be available online.

the amount of stuff i got at $818 outweighs the battery life. hahahaha

Nice Nice. Thanks for sharing :)

erniebirdy

Reaction score
Bought a set of surface pro yesterday.

Got tired of waiting for pro 2.

Surface pro + touch cover + 16GB Class 10 microsdhc + additional power adapter.

All for just $818. :D

Thats the tactic microsoft SG is employing i guess. Delay until consumers give in and help clear their older stock. Or purchase from competitors instead. :vijayadmin:

lycanboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thats the tactic microsoft SG is employing i guess. Delay until consumers give in and help clear their older stock. Or purchase from competitors instead. :vijayadmin:
Oh well, for just $818 I am not complaining much.

:S

Unless...... Pro 2 only cost $1000-$1100 when it release in SG :s22:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No idea what will be pro 2 price. Don't need to wait too long la. If by June don't come, they won't brother to come. In the next 3 months, confirm see a lot of tablet

E_T

Master Member
Reaction score
Not likely, Intel hasn't announced their new CPU yet so Pro 3 is just a pipe-dream. However, rumours of Surface Mini running Intel Atom Baytrail is very interesting!

So far, the reviews for newer 8" tablets from Dell, Lenovo, etc. has been very positive! Light-weight, good battery life but performance similar to Core 2 Duo!

knave

Master Member
Reaction score
For those who desires portability can get the 24w charger for RT. That can be used for charging though slower. But is good enough. Cost only $58 and less bulky.

Redwasps

Reaction score
Why US Microsoft site selling cheaper than Amazon? Am I missing something?
Eg: SP2 128GB $999 vs $1,035

picagen

Reaction score
Out of stock! Which means pro 2 is coming.

Its only out of stock for that promotion, they always set a limited number per promotion. That includes student offer, just a month ago, all the student offer sets are Out of stock and just a week before IT show, its back in stock. I just walked funan today, everywhere are still selling Surface Pro as usual, plenty of stock at 918 without the touch cover(the Jan promotion that only ends in march) So, maybe, it will come, but just a matter of when...

picagen

Reaction score
I do not see the worth sorry, for me gadgets that are 1 year back should be cost roughly 599 especially for a product which Microsoft is trying to get rid off from their warehouses.

If your needs is just that then go ahead, but when I see Pro 2 is such a monster in specs, I want that one more as the processor is faster, improvements in viewing angle stands. The battery life is due to the haswell processor 4gen chip that improve it further.

Pro 2 spec isn't really such a monster, it shouldn't really be called Pro 2, but Pro 1.5. Its just the CPU/gpu, kickstand and the display upgrade. The battery is still the same capacity, weight and size is the same, camera same, memory same.... true, haswell improve battery life, but only about 50-70%(2-3hours more) depends on how one use it, haswell is great at idle, not so great at load. performance, its close, maybe the new 1.9GHz maybe better, but nothing to shout about. (Broadwell will be a leap much better)

True, Pro 1 is 1 year old(feb2013), but Pro 2 is already 6months old(Sep2013). But the price difference between the 2 is almost 100% from Pro(promotional price) to Pro2. Pro2 price if we follow US will be at US$999 for the 128GB model, lets add sales tax(GST) that will become US$1068.93 and convert to SGD x 1.27 = SGD$ 1357.54

So singapore's price for the pro 2 128GB will be about $1400 without any covers. The price at the ITshow at $818 that includes touch cover and a extra charger is really a very good deal.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pro 2 spec isn't really such a monster, it shouldn't really be called Pro 2, but Pro 1.5. Its just the CPU/gpu, kickstand and the display upgrade. The battery is still the same capacity, weight and size is the same, camera same, memory same.... true, haswell improve battery life, but only about 50-70%(2-3hours more) depends on how one use it, haswell is great at idle, not so great at load. performance, its close, maybe the new 1.9GHz maybe better, but nothing to shout about. (Broadwell will be a leap much better)

True, Pro 1 is 1 year old(feb2013), but Pro 2 is already 6months old(Sep2013). But the price difference between the 2 is almost 100% from Pro(promotional price) to Pro2. Pro2 price if we follow US will be at US$999 for the 128GB model, lets add sales tax(GST) that will become US$1068.93 and convert to SGD x 1.27 = SGD$ 1357.54

So singapore's price for the pro 2 128GB will be about $1400 without any covers. The price at the ITshow at $818 that includes touch cover and a extra charger is really a very good deal.

Personally if by April surface 2 won't come, it is goodbye to them:

1. There will be other tablets coming. Lenovo Miix 2 10 inch

2. IPad Pro. While apple senior executive mention there won't be any Ipad with Mac OS, we won't know their surprise. If Apple release IPad Pro with Mac OS, then goodbye to all the tablet makers.

Microsoft tablets are usually not popular as compared to ipad and android tablet. Only reason why they manage to make it is because they are the only tablet which can performs like a laptop using full fledge windows. That explain why RT fail as a product. If Mac OS comes along and priced at $1200. It is goodbye to surface

HL

Reaction score
Hello, anyone with the Surface running RT 8.1 can confirm if USB Ethernet works? Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.