HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2015, 03:17 PM   #1546
Supremacy Member

I read somewhere there are production issues due to components shortage and most likely unsatisfied yield, a lot of orders will put be pushed to Q1/16.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:42 PM   #1547

Unhappy The wait of SP4 i7

After reading about so many issues on the SP4, i actually don't mind to wait longer, hoping that by the time the batch arrives, the issues would been ironed out by MS already...
renraelreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:54 PM   #1548

Anyone knows if the red type cover will be released in Singapore? thinking of getting from the US store, but I can get it with student price in Singapore which will save me some money :/

Also, is the Complete Warranty worth the $200+?
namstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #1549
Master Member

mine just shipped today. hopefully 10th can get n geta set wo all those troubling issues
XasakuraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:56 PM   #1550
Clone Trooper

just got this from Microsoft , on asking when retailers will have i7 models.
"Hi again, this is what we know so far.

1. Pre-ordered i7 256GB/8GB models - Will be delivered from Dec 10th onwards. This is dependent on individual retailers as they might have different arrangements with customer, self collection, delivery etc.
2. Pre-ordered i7 256GB/16GB models - This is on staggered delivery, not delayed - similar to 1. Delivery from Dec 10th onwards, dependent on retailers arrangement.
3. Other i7 models – December 16th onwards."
renraelreve likes this.
samsrinivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #1551

I tried to check ms store and do a pre-order for i7 model and the status still stays at "deliver by 10 Dec".

I would assume that they have enough stocks coming in as if I were to place an order now, they would have to deliver my set from the stocks that they have sent yesterday.

Pray hard that we all will get our set tomorrow!

just got this from Microsoft , on asking when retailers will have i7 models.
"Hi again, this is what we know so far.

1. Pre-ordered i7 256GB/8GB models - Will be delivered from Dec 10th onwards. This is dependent on individual retailers as they might have different arrangements with customer, self collection, delivery etc.
2. Pre-ordered i7 256GB/16GB models - This is on staggered delivery, not delayed - similar to 1. Delivery from Dec 10th onwards, dependent on retailers arrangement.
3. Other i7 models – December 16th onwards."
mark_twain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:29 PM   #1552

i7/512/16GB was showing shipping on 10DEC from Microsoft. I hope they do ship by 10DEC and not 16DEC

Here are some update from Microsoft

Last edited by commonjunk; 09-12-2015 at 10:40 PM..
commonjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #1553

Anyone knows if the red type cover will be released in Singapore? thinking of getting from the US store, but I can get it with student price in Singapore which will save me some money :/

Also, is the Complete Warranty worth the $200+?
Microsoft Complete

With Microsoft Complete, you get:
  • Two years of technical support from the Answer Desk.
  • An additional year of limited warranty coverage.
  • Accidental damage protection—even from drops and spills.*
Accidental damage is the thing which will help you in case if you drop your surface and have your screen damage or entire unit damaged (for 2years).
Old 09-12-2015, 11:10 PM   #1554

has anyone tried running "android studio" on the Core M SP4?
how laggy is it?
foozgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #1555

For any Bros that receive their i7 today, please let us know. Thanks.
gunners007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:41 AM   #1556

For any Bros that receive their i7 today, please let us know. Thanks.
Just spoke to MS support. All i7 ordered through MS store will be released or delivered today. Those who ordered from retailers like Challengers, MS is not sure when the customers will receive their sets.
dexterchua88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #1557

Just spoke to MS support. All i7 ordered through MS store will be released or delivered today. Those who ordered from retailers like Challengers, MS is not sure when the customers will receive their sets.
Great to hear that and happy for those Bros that ordered from MS store.

Poor customer service from Challenger for not even bother to update us.

Going forward, i will not be pre-ordering any products from Challenger.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:29 AM   #1558

Great to hear that and happy for those Bros that ordered from MS store.

Poor customer service from Challenger for not even bother to update us.

Going forward, i will not be pre-ordering any products from Challenger.
Hahaha...but pre-order from Challenger comes with 1TB HDD, Sleeve and as compensation for delay..now offers a further 64GB SD Card...free DHL delivery, 50 dollars off for iphone 6/6plus, 100 dollars off for ipad.....ok lah...I can wait
dexterchua88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #1559

Hahaha...but pre-order from Challenger comes with 1TB HDD, Sleeve and as compensation for delay..now offers a further 64GB SD Card...free DHL delivery, 50 dollars off for iphone 6/6plus, 100 dollars off for ipad.....ok lah...I can wait
The sleeve is also free when you pre-order from MS store. As for the discount on apple product, if i am using Pro4, the chances for me to have an ipad pro is very slim, therefore the discount is irrelevant. MS store also provide free delivery too.

As for the 1TB hdd and 64GB SD card, that in total maybe around $120. I would get more discount from Student price, if I had not pre-order from Challenger.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #1560

The key advantage of buying from physical store, is that you get to test the set for physical issues such as bleeding light LCD, dead dots, scratches which is very prominent issues from the user experience from last batch of i5 models.

Can replace on the spot rather than waiting for MS to send replacements (and could be refurbished sets later on).

The sleeve is also free when you pre-order from MS store. As for the discount on apple product, if i am using Pro4, the chances for me to have an ipad pro is very slim, therefore the discount is irrelevant. MS store also provide free delivery too.

As for the 1TB hdd and 64GB SD card, that in total maybe around $120. I would get more discount from Student price, if I had not pre-order from Challenger.
mark_twain is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.