HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2015, 05:28 PM   #151

He is basing on some user experience with the old Surface Pro 3. As the heat is concentrated on top right corner, it gets really warm with game play and over long period of time, there will be paint loss.

Not sure about Surface Pro 4 since the new heat transfer process may negate this problem.

Huh? What's the magnesium color got to do with gaming?
mark_twain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #152
Supremacy Member

I think the local ms management thinks they can pull a fast one. I checked the Canadian or US store, no such message. Smelly
Price will change. It's the dumb managenent here trying to boast sales level. They think they can change the price. Need alot of layers of approval one.
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #153

They should have a ms boutique with sp4s to demo to boost sales instead of threatening the consumer with a price rise on a pre-order for a product which the customer has yet to see. Screwed up
Munchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #154
Supremacy Member

They should have a ms boutique with sp4s to demo to boost sales instead of threatening the consumer with a price rise on a pre-order for a product which the customer has yet to see. Screwed up
Agree. I wanna try la siol. Almost ordered from challenger today but I think will have student price.
Old 13-10-2015, 10:34 PM   #155

10% student discount is more worth it than the 1Tb harddisk as it is worth less than $100 now. Saw a 1Tb harddisk in a store selling at around $80.

If USA is already offering student discount, I think they may release the student discount soon (maybe end Oct?). Microsoft SG site started selling Surface Pro 3 at a discount after USA site started having promotion, around 1-2 weeks after that. Guess SG always follows USA directions...

Agree. I wanna try la siol. Almost ordered from challenger today but I think will have student price.
Old 13-10-2015, 10:40 PM   #156
Supremacy Member

10% student discount is more worth it than the 1Tb harddisk as it is worth less than $100 now. Saw a 1Tb harddisk in a store selling at around $80.

If USA is already offering student discount, I think they may release the student discount soon (maybe end Oct?). Microsoft SG site started selling Surface Pro 3 at a discount after USA site started having promotion, around 1-2 weeks after that. Guess SG always follows USA directions...
Haha yeah. I wait for the student discount ba. However hope I can get it in Dec before I fly in early Jan
Old 13-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #157

Maybe try out the Surface Book as well, as it may be a better choice for you. I am guessing they are holding back release of Surface Book so that it will not dilute the order for SP4. Once the initial order of SP4 is over and they have cleared the first wave of demand, they will bring out the Surface Book and with display set to tempt buyers who wants more power and with more laptop like experience. Perhaps SP4 users may also be tempted to buy the Surface Book too, and you may be able to grab a mint second hand set of the SP4 then.

To compete with iPad Pro release of stocks in Nov, I think they will display their Surface Book just before that to slow down demand and purchase for iPad Pro.

An exciting Nov and Dec this year!

Haha yeah. I wait for the student discount ba. However hope I can get it in Dec before I fly in early Jan
Old 13-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #158
Master Member

I flying off early December. Got 2 weeks buffer only for me.
mudxblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 11:00 PM   #159
Supremacy Member

I flying off early December. Got 2 weeks buffer only for me.
I flying off for 5 months...I hope to get i5 256 gb 8 gb ram with student price before I go. If no stock I sure sian. That's why dunno wanna play safe and preorder or not?
Old 13-10-2015, 11:02 PM   #160

Hoping that they will release the student discount by end Oct or early Nov, also to sway student buyers of iPad Pro (releasing in Nov) to grab a SP4 instead.
Old 13-10-2015, 11:03 PM   #161
Supremacy Member

Hoping that they will release the student discount by end Oct or early Nov, also to sway student buyers of iPad Pro (releasing in Nov) to grab a SP4 instead.
Second this. However sg too little configurations. Should have 512 gb and 8gb ram i5 model.
Old 13-10-2015, 11:08 PM   #162

Yeap. Read that the 512gb SSD has even faster writing speed than the 256gb SSD (25% faster), if microsoft is indeed using Samsung SM951 SSD. 512gb is their fastest range!

512gb SSD model will be highest in demand, and I guess they have strategised it to be pushed to the top range model with the highest profit margin.

Second this. However sg too little configurations. Should have 512 gb and 8gb ram i5 model.

Last edited by mark_twain; 13-10-2015 at 11:11 PM..
Old 13-10-2015, 11:24 PM   #163
Supremacy Member

Yeap. Read that the 512gb SSD has even faster writing speed than the 256gb SSD (25% faster), if microsoft is indeed using Samsung SM951 SSD. 512gb is their fastest range!

512gb SSD model will be highest in demand, and I guess they have strategised it to be pushed to the top range model with the highest profit margin.
Usa can ownself configure lol. Can buy i5 and 512gb. If possible, I buy 128 gb and ownself swap out the ssd lol. I ownself get 1 tb ssd but very hard to mod
Old 13-10-2015, 11:30 PM   #164

SP3 is almost impossible to disassemble without damaging. I believe SP4 will be the same.

Not worth the risk. Thats why MS can ask for the big difference in price for higher capacities, and I think the lowest configuration gives them lowest margin. Anything with 256gb and above they cut a big profit. 128gb is the best buy and use the spare money to buy 200gb microSD card, or at least a 128gb microSD, and still can save some cash to buy accessories!

If you got lobang, maybe better to order from USA with the better configuration. With the student discount (if available), it is well worth it. No issues with warranty as well.

Usa can ownself configure lol. Can buy i5 and 512gb. If possible, I buy 128 gb and ownself swap out the ssd lol. I ownself get 1 tb ssd but very hard to mod

Last edited by mark_twain; 13-10-2015 at 11:34 PM..
Old 13-10-2015, 11:41 PM   #165

Just realised that Surface Book have a full size SD card reader vs the microSD reader on SP4.

Full size SD card much cheaper, much bigger capacities and faster than microSD!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.