MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

jace88

Reaction score
I see. Thanks bro. Do you think that i5 may potentially lead to some lag during the video conferencing , perhaps due to insufficient hardware capabilities or other reasons ? I am primarily using google hangout and a 3rd party software - ManyCam to allow for multiple video sources.

I would be most surprised if the hardware specs were the cause of it not working. I don't use Google Hangouts myself so can't really comment but given it's significantly more powerful than my old Surface 3 (ATOM cpu vs. i5 - and you can spec it with much more RAM), and that was able to VC fine, I'd be surprised if this didn't work.

jace88

Reaction score
For UAG casing, I need to ensure:
1. The tempered glass wont reduce touch sensitivity and thus I am willing to spend more to go to Funan IT mall some high end gadget shop to ask them to apply for me.

2. the Tempered glass has enough room at the 4 sides there for UAGE to cover. Don't want after I put on the UAG and the glass edge got damaged.

Any branded tempered glass can meet the above 2 requirements?

I had similar concerns with my STM Dux case and I wanted tempered glass. Whilst I can't comment on sensitivity as mine seems fine to me, maybe visit the same shop I did in Sim Lim Square? I tried Funan (and even my usual shop at Bugis Street) but noone had stock- but E Power (I think level 4?) had both normal and tempered glass protectors; and better yet, the staff were willing to help me try and make sure it fit perfectly with the case on too. For me that was worth the premium $38 or so having it fitted/installed properly and knowing it would fit without the edges of the screen protector being pushed by the STM Dux case on my Surface Pro 4.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score
For UAG casing, I need to ensure:
1. The tempered glass wont reduce touch sensitivity and thus I am willing to spend more to go to Funan IT mall some high end gadget shop to ask them to apply for me.

2. the Tempered glass has enough room at the 4 sides there for UAGE to cover. Don't want after I put on the UAG and the glass edge got damaged.

Any branded tempered glass can meet the above 2 requirements?

P2O, not sure about other tempered glass as I've only installed once there, the tempered glass they have is smaller and fits the UAG. I guess most tempered glass should be smaller compared to films.

your UAG will be covering the sides, no chance for it to damage your SP4 sides unless you drop diamond dust and use a mechanical pencil to run round it. :p

townman

Reaction score
I see. Thanks bro. Do you think that i5 may potentially lead to some lag during the video conferencing , perhaps due to insufficient hardware capabilities or other reasons ? I am primarily using google hangout and a 3rd party software - ManyCam to allow for multiple video sources.

Base on my experience with my previous company which require to have VC with multiple participant from difference country, the lag is always cause by Internet connection and not the hardware (laptop/desktop/tablet) we use.

sianz

Reaction score
Hey guys I just ordered a Surface pro 4 from MS store online and it arrived yesterday. Lot 1551, kinda old right?

Anyway it has some of the lightbleed issues and I am trying to decide if I should return or exchange to try my luck. Does going to the repair centre at Kallang let me exchange on the spot or must I contact the support centre by phone?

Aside from the bleed everything else seems to be ok so I'm hesitant as I've also seen surface with lots of other issues and the bleed is something that you can live with unlike say a unit that keeps crashing. Anybody have any experience to share with making a return or exchange?

It's a core m3 model by the way.

Endreall

Reaction score
Hey guys I just ordered a Surface pro 4 from MS store online and it arrived yesterday. Lot 1551, kinda old right?

Anyway it has some of the lightbleed issues and I am trying to decide if I should return or exchange to try my luck. Does going to the repair centre at Kallang let me exchange on the spot or must I contact the support centre by phone?

Aside from the bleed everything else seems to be ok so I'm hesitant as I've also seen surface with lots of other issues and the bleed is something that you can live with unlike say a unit that keeps crashing. Anybody have any experience to share with making a return or exchange?

It's a core m3 model by the way.

Hi, most SP4 have some minor light bleed (i said minor so its something that wont bother you on normal usage) which you usually cant see unless you ramp up the brightness to max and open a dark screen.

From what I understand, microsoft may exchange one with you but it might be a refurbished set (which is still highly likely to have some light bleed as well). So unless its really that bad, you probably don't need to do an exchange. If you have the Microsoft Complete warranty, then just have your set exchanged down the road then.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score
Just bought a SP4 Tempered glass via Carousell, its bigger than the one sold at P2O but I guess the UAG can fit any tempered glass but less forgiving on the film protector.

But not all tempered glass are made equal, this 1 does have some blemish marks which appeared on my fone tempered glass and the installer rejected straightaway and pasted another new piece. So its heng suay thing to do self installation.

jace88

Reaction score
Just bought a SP4 Tempered glass via Carousell, its bigger than the one sold at P2O but I guess the UAG can fit any tempered glass but less forgiving on the film protector.

But not all tempered glass are made equal, this 1 does have some blemish marks which appeared on my fone tempered glass and the installer rejected straightaway and pasted another new piece. So its heng suay thing to do self installation.

Yeah, I find that it's easier just to go to a shop where if any issues you can just reject.

jamestanws

Reaction score
Selling a brand new seal surface pro 4 i5 128gb model bought from it show last wk. comes with brand new surface type cover.

Selling as Mom don't Wan.

Pm me yr best offer and contact if interested. I will sell below shop price but reasonably.

Cheers

mosprockett

Reaction score
Bros, ANYONE knows which 4k UHD monitor works out of the box with SP4?

I almost gonna get a Dell p2715q, but not confirmed it will work at 50/60hz out of the box.

THX!!!

mindgamey

Reaction score
Finally got it to work, after another call because my unit was not updated with the complete warranty

2pra5cp.png

mark_twain

Reaction score
Just saw a pile of SP4 type cover keyboard stocks at Harvey Norman - the new version with finger print sensor!

For those who have not gotten the standard type cover at $199, this one is selling at $249 and you can make a choice!

finalforce

Reaction score
I don't see the point of fingerprint sensor though. If you're going to use the sensor, then you're probably using it in laptop mode and the surface is in a perfect position for the camera.

Unless you're on sp3, or your app supports fingerprint.

I hope windows releases the Hello API soon enough, we need more apps with Hello.

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score
damn sian, just noticed my tempered glass have a hairline crack across the screen, how to remove the tempered glass and install a new one? just pry out ok?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.