MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
more or less fixed. if you buy i7 or i5 can use power management to squeeze more battery life from the system preventing it from running excessively fast.

I waiting for the bugs to be fixed. Gd news then.
Initially, I was looking at i7 8GB model, but see the battery life of 79min at load vs 111min for i5, i am now considering i5. Dont want to be handicap by lousy batt life like my gaming laptop.

mosprockett

Reaction score
It was the default one note on factory install of my i7 SP4 on win 10.

Solved it.... I had to got to STORE and UPDATE the one note...

So lame.. Doing system update doesn't automatically prompt you to update installed programs.

Once I updated One Note from STORE all was OK...

Loving the Sp4. This thing is BLAZING!!!

mosprockett

Reaction score
I waiting for the bugs to be fixed. Gd news then.
Initially, I was looking at i7 8GB model, but see the battery life of 79min at load vs 111min for i5, i am now considering i5. Dont want to be handicap by lousy batt life like my gaming laptop.

bro, don't worry abt batt life. I saw the review online and was a bit scared... end up going i7, so far quite ok. When was doing basic stuff my batt countdown was like 7-8hrs.

Unless u are planning to do hardcore gaming / processing unplugged, I don't think its an issue ba. In which case, it isn't a decision btw I5 and I7, its a decision between SP4 and another laptop.

stil cant believe they packed sucha beast into an ipad sized device.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro, don't worry abt batt life. I saw the review online and was a bit scared... end up going i7, so far quite ok. When was doing basic stuff my batt countdown was like 7-8hrs.

Unless u are planning to do hardcore gaming / processing unplugged, I don't think its an issue ba. In which case, it isn't a decision btw I5 and I7, its a decision between SP4 and another laptop.

stil cant believe they packed sucha beast into an ipad sized device.
Thanks for the reassurance.
So, normal surfing, note taking & microsoft office work, typically how long does the batt last?

was sleep mode whole day, opened up only in evening. lost abt 7%. Not sure if that's considered fixed? Abt similar to my Mba...
Yeah fixed, abt -1% every hour

mosprockett

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance.
So, normal surfing, note taking & microsoft office work, typically how long does the batt last?

Yeah fixed, abt -1% every hour

tmrw i try it out update accordingly.

on a side note, i just tried watching 4k streaming from Youtube on my 4k monitor.
Buttery smooth man!!! 4k is truly the future.

My high spec MBA totally couldnt tahan 4k from youtube. Even SP3 i5 will fail at 4k playback

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tmrw i try it out update accordingly.

on a side note, i just tried watching 4k streaming from Youtube on my 4k monitor.
Buttery smooth man!!! 4k is truly the future.

My high spec MBA totally couldnt tahan 4k from youtube. Even SP3 i5 will fail at 4k playback
Thanks in advance.

Sleep mode fixed for me

Overnight sleep and disabled hibernation lost abt 2% battery over 7 hours
thanks for the info.
Now I can go buy liao. i5 or i7 only.....

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score
Thanks in advance.

thanks for the info.
Now I can go buy liao. i5 or i7 only.....

imho, no diff between i5 or i7, both can run the software I throw at them, both are slow in video encoding compared to my desktop with GPU optimization.

I have both 8gb i5 and 16gb i7.

Really depends on your workflow, I have onenote win10 and onenote 2016, the default keep pushing win10 ver out and its ok to use. I am seriously irritated with onedrive thou... it makes my saves go everywhere but nowhere when I wanna find it.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
imho, no diff between i5 or i7, both can run the software I throw at them, both are slow in video encoding compared to my desktop with GPU optimization.

I have both 8gb i5 and 16gb i7.

Really depends on your workflow, I have onenote win10 and onenote 2016, the default keep pushing win10 ver out and its ok to use. I am seriously irritated with onedrive thou... it makes my saves go everywhere but nowhere when I wanna find it.

ur definition of 'no diff' is referring to processing power or battery life?

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Reaction score
ur definition of 'no diff' is referring to processing power or battery life?

visual processing power. Battery life more or less too.

Only initially, i7 have much more issues with the drivers esp the graphics driver crashing softwares.

mindgamey

Reaction score
visual processing power. Battery life more or less too.

Only initially, i7 have much more issues with the drivers esp the graphics driver crashing softwares.

My i7 is running beta driver

Fixed the screen flicker issue but there is still some artifact when in 2d.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.