HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #2251

seems like lots of SP4 users despite the hefty price tag and limited 1 year warranty.
compared to SP, SP2, SP3.
Del_CtrlnoAlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 02:40 PM   #2252

seems like lots of SP4 users despite the hefty price tag and limited 1 year warranty.

The product line has matured and sp3 to sp4 the improvements are quite significant.

I bought it to replace my laptop.

The performance lost cos by this form factor has reduced.
mindgamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #2253

Any bros here using the M3 version?

How's the performance?

Usage for MS, Web browsing, light gaming like hearthstone.

Also any one has the sleep wake issues highlighted in many other forums.

Any bro upgraded to i5 due to M3 being insufficient?

Thanks.
sigurros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #2254

Incipio is very much good for any protector that even cover the side very end of the glass screen. UAG will eat in about 2-3mm per side so you will need a slightly smaller tempered glass.

I could still see the silver trim with the Incipio.

There's fundamental flaw with the Incipio, which is the pen holder, its not as grippy as tight as the UAG, a slight tug and the pen drop. Futhermore, they included a thin string with a thick rubber ring to hold the pen, but the ring makes it even easier to dislodge the pen as the pen now can't sit in place. And at the end of the string is a knot which is so big that it prevents the SP4 from sitting snugly into the casing.

Will use it for a few days to determine if I really do prefer this to UAG.
Thanks for the insight!

UAG is so damn hard to be removed from SP4!
dogbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 05:44 PM   #2255

Thanks for the insight!

UAG is so damn hard to be removed from SP4!
Hard to put in also, tried messaging 1 guy on Carousell to install the tempered glass on another SP4 also no reply... the rest need to mail... dun wanna spend another 40 bucks after seeing it sell for 18 on carousell.
Old 15-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #2256

Exclamation

Hello all. A little new here. Am planning to get a surface pro 4 but i am not too which model will best suit my needs.

I am using it for video conferencing with my clients throughout the day. Most of them are locals with a minority overseas client. My work requires me to have recording of the video conference.

Can I get some advice from you guys which models should i be looking at and whether i need to provide more information to get a more accurate answer ?

Thanks a bunch bros

Last edited by zabierius_fantasia; 15-03-2016 at 06:26 PM..
zabierius_fantasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #2257

Hello all. A little new here. Am planning to get a surface pro 4 but i am not too which model will best suit my needs.

I am using it for video conferencing with my clients throughout the day. Most of them are locals with a minority overseas client. My work requires me to have recording of the video conference.

Can I get some advice from you guys which models should i be looking at and whether i need to provide more information to get a more accurate answer ?

Thanks a bunch bros
Assuming you already have software solution for what you need in terms of VC and ability to record it (I personally have never needed or had the latter), then any of them should be fine. You probably want best battery life which based on the internet reviews, should be an i5 model. That being said, if your main goal is video conferencing, maybe an actual tablet (non Windows based) might be better if you want portability and battery - again, assuming the software you want is available.
zabierius_fantasia likes this.
jace88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 08:30 PM   #2258

Assuming you already have software solution for what you need in terms of VC and ability to record it (I personally have never needed or had the latter), then any of them should be fine. You probably want best battery life which based on the internet reviews, should be an i5 model. That being said, if your main goal is video conferencing, maybe an actual tablet (non Windows based) might be better if you want portability and battery - again, assuming the software you want is available.
I see. Thanks bro. Do you think that i5 may potentially lead to some lag during the video conferencing , perhaps due to insufficient hardware capabilities or other reasons ? I am primarily using google hangout and a 3rd party software - ManyCam to allow for multiple video sources.
Old 15-03-2016, 08:39 PM   #2259

I see. Thanks bro. Do you think that i5 may potentially lead to some lag during the video conferencing , perhaps due to insufficient hardware capabilities or other reasons ? I am primarily using google hangout and a 3rd party software - ManyCam to allow for multiple video sources.
The i5 inside the surface is the same i5 powering ultra books and main stream laptops.
zabierius_fantasia likes this.
mindgamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 08:48 PM   #2260

Hard to put in also, tried messaging 1 guy on Carousell to install the tempered glass on another SP4 also no reply... the rest need to mail... dun wanna spend another 40 bucks after seeing it sell for 18 on carousell.
For UAG casing, I need to ensure:
1. The tempered glass wont reduce touch sensitivity and thus I am willing to spend more to go to Funan IT mall some high end gadget shop to ask them to apply for me.

2. the Tempered glass has enough room at the 4 sides there for UAGE to cover. Don't want after I put on the UAG and the glass edge got damaged.

Any branded tempered glass can meet the above 2 requirements?
dogbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 09:00 PM   #2261

The i5 inside the surface is the same i5 powering ultra books and main stream laptops.
Thanks for the clarification bro
Old 16-03-2016, 01:26 AM   #2262

I would be most surprised if the hardware specs were the cause of it not working. I don't use Google Hangouts myself so can't really comment but given it's significantly more powerful than my old Surface 3 (ATOM cpu vs. i5 - and you can spec it with much more RAM), and that was able to VC fine, I'd be surprised if this didn't work.
Old 16-03-2016, 01:29 AM   #2263

1. The tempered glass wont reduce touch sensitivity and thus I am willing to spend more to go to Funan IT mall some high end gadget shop to ask them to apply for me.

2. the Tempered glass has enough room at the 4 sides there for UAGE to cover. Don't want after I put on the UAG and the glass edge got damaged.

I had similar concerns with my STM Dux case and I wanted tempered glass. Whilst I can't comment on sensitivity as mine seems fine to me, maybe visit the same shop I did in Sim Lim Square? I tried Funan (and even my usual shop at Bugis Street) but noone had stock- but E Power (I think level 4?) had both normal and tempered glass protectors; and better yet, the staff were willing to help me try and make sure it fit perfectly with the case on too. For me that was worth the premium $38 or so having it fitted/installed properly and knowing it would fit without the edges of the screen protector being pushed by the STM Dux case on my Surface Pro 4.
Old 16-03-2016, 09:08 AM   #2264

P2O, not sure about other tempered glass as I've only installed once there, the tempered glass they have is smaller and fits the UAG. I guess most tempered glass should be smaller compared to films.

your UAG will be covering the sides, no chance for it to damage your SP4 sides unless you drop diamond dust and use a mechanical pencil to run round it. :p
Old 16-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #2265

just checking, anyone feel that their SP4 keyboard is losing its tactile feel? Esp the up and down button.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.