MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with my Surface Pro 4.

I've tried using my colleagues' chargers (2) and my device can't be turned on.

I have been having issues with charging for the longest time ever. The cable had to be 'twisted' at a certain angle before it charged. Somehow, it stopped charging and I managed to borrow 2 chargers to charhe.

For the 1st charger, the light was flickering. No success.

For the 2nd charger, the light was consistently on but I couldn't turn on the device.

Now, I don't know if it's the charging connecter issue or it's a battery issue. I need to retrieve photos and videos (of my late father's, cousin's and uncle's wakes) in the device. I do have backups in my harddisk but not of all the media content.

I'm wiling to spend a reasonable amount to power on the device so that I can retrieve the videos and photos. Are there any shops anyone can recommend?

I also need to uninstall my Adobe CS so that I can use the serial number on another device.

Alternatively, if anyone has the dock and is willing to lend it to me to try powering up my device (at your location), it will be much appreciated. I'll come over at your convenience.

Thanks!
try google surface pro repair bugis. saw 1 quite well known shop that provide repair.

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm having issues with my Surface Pro 4.

I've tried using my colleagues' chargers (2) and my device can't be turned on.

I have been having issues with charging for the longest time ever. The cable had to be 'twisted' at a certain angle before it charged. Somehow, it stopped charging and I managed to borrow 2 chargers to charhe.

For the 1st charger, the light was flickering. No success.

For the 2nd charger, the light was consistently on but I couldn't turn on the device.

Now, I don't know if it's the charging connecter issue or it's a battery issue. I need to retrieve photos and videos (of my late father's, cousin's and uncle's wakes) in the device. I do have backups in my harddisk but not of all the media content.

I'm wiling to spend a reasonable amount to power on the device so that I can retrieve the videos and photos. Are there any shops anyone can recommend?

I also need to uninstall my Adobe CS so that I can use the serial number on another device.

Alternatively, if anyone has the dock and is willing to lend it to me to try powering up my device (at your location), it will be much appreciated. I'll come over at your convenience.

Thanks!
If you can’t power on with trying different chargers then no point trying the dock also. All these use the same port to charge .

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can’t power on with trying different chargers then no point trying the dock also. All these use the same port to charge .
The dock connects via the USB and mini display port, doesn't it? And the dock is plugged to a power supply?

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The dock connects via the USB and mini display port, doesn't it? And the dock is plugged to a power supply?
the pro 3 to pro 6 dock is connected to the charging port for power video audio, basically everything.
the usb and mini dp dock is the pro2 and earlier

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the pro 3 to pro 6 dock is connected to the charging port for power video audio, basically everything.
the usb and mini dp dock is the pro2 and earlier
Will the latest and newest models of the charger work for the Surface Pro 4?

One of my colleagues has the latest Surface Pro and it's this charger that has the flickering light while connected to my Surface Pro 4.

I don't know which model my other colleague has.

In your opinion, what do you think is the possible/likely problem wih my device? Thank you.

iduncheckmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will the latest and newest models of the charger work for the Surface Pro 4?

One of my colleagues has the latest Surface Pro and it's this charger that has the flickering light while connected to my Surface Pro 4.

I don't know which model my other colleague has.

In your opinion, what do you think is the possible/likely problem wih my device? Thank you.

If i were you, i'd try a couple of chargers, the charging port is exactly the same across all surface pro's. So i don't see why it matters if you use pro 3 to pro 7 chargers. Having said that i dont understand why the charging light interacts differently for your various trials. Maybe some chargers are OEM ? dunno .

But all is not lost, if cannot turn on at all, i would just rip open the device and pull out the SSD and put into external drive enclosure. Then access data using another comp. (see the link, the drive is the standard size and can be removed, its not soldered). I won't even bother to pay money to repair it , pro 4 is going long in the tech cycle liao.
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Microsoft+Surface+Pro+4+SSD+Drive+Replacement/60383

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If i were you, i'd try a couple of chargers, the charging port is exactly the same across all surface pro's. So i don't see why it matters if you use pro 3 to pro 7 chargers. Having said that i dont understand why the charging light interacts differently for your various trials. Maybe some chargers are OEM ? dunno .

But all is not lost, if cannot turn on at all, i would just rip open the device and pull out the SSD and put into external drive enclosure. Then access data using another comp. (see the link, the drive is the standard size and can be removed, its not soldered). I won't even bother to pay money to repair it , pro 4 is going long in the tech cycle liao.
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Microsoft+Surface+Pro+4+SSD+Drive+Replacement/60383
Thanks. Mine's a 2 pin US charger. Bought mine in the US. But had it replaced wih a refurbished set when the original device had the flickering issue.

One of my main concerns, besides the media content, is the software licenses (Adobe CS and MS office) installed on this device.

I would like to try a few more chargers but seems like no one (else) that I know has the charger :(

Thanks for your help :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.