HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2018, 05:18 PM   #3571
Supremacy Member

Never buy Microsoft products anymore.
No local service centre to call and call technical support through phone have to wait for more than 10mins still no body answer the call, just only full of advestiment.
Agree lah. MS LJ products.
sqgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 05:20 PM   #3572

Replacement set starts to have flickering at cold boot up. The flickering occurs on start up after the surface pro is shutdown or hibernate for an hour or two.
The flickering will last for 5 to 10 mins depending on how fast the surface warm up.
Then the flickering will stop.

A different problem but a known problem in the Microsoft Surface forum.

Still have six months to go, still thinking whether to go for another exchange but changes of getting one without flickering is slim according to what others mentioned in the surface forum.
Sigh...

No local service centre to call and call technical support through phone have to wait for more than 10mins still no body answer the call, just only full of advestiment.
Did you try the new microsoft store at millenia walk? Heard service in store is good, but totally sucks when trying to get online/phone support
soupgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 09:22 PM   #3573

Did you try the new microsoft store at millenia walk? Heard service in store is good, but totally sucks when trying to get online/phone support
Understand it’s not a service center.
cheng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 01:49 PM   #3574

upgrade ssd

anybody can guide to which shop in singapore can perform SSD upgrade for Surface pro 4?
currykai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:23 PM   #3575

Replacement set starts to have flickering at cold boot up. The flickering occurs on start up after the surface pro is shutdown or hibernate for an hour or two.
The flickering will last for 5 to 10 mins depending on how fast the surface warm up.
Then the flickering will stop.

A different problem but a known problem in the Microsoft Surface forum.

Still have six months to go, still thinking whether to go for another exchange but changes of getting one without flickering is slim according to what others mentioned in the surface forum.
Sigh...

I have lodged a complaint to CASE, hope they can help.

The solution provided by MS Singapore is less than acceptable
mindgamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #3576
Supremacy Member

CASE won’t do jack shiat, MS sucks.
sqgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #3577

CASE won’t do jack shiat, MS sucks.
You dont know unless you try?

We all can complain everything here but there almost near certainty that it wont solve the(my) issue.

We have to seek other avenues and CASE(and small claims tribunal) is one of them (effective or not we shall see).

Unless someone here can categorically said they tried the CASE approach and it didnt then I stand corrected.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #3578

Can pm me how you did it?
I am thinking of this too.
cheng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #3579

Can pm me how you did it?
I am thinking of this too.
Check pm.

Seriously, MS has lot all my goodwill. I asked about standard exchange and the procedures and was told to provide my own box and packaging at my own cost for this piece of ****.

I did rma with intel and I was provided the box and shipping labels yet MS can't do it even do it when we all paid top dollar to their devices.

Microshit!
Old 13-04-2018, 11:16 PM   #3580

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover Issue

Hi, Anyone else here facing issues with surface pro 4 type cover after recent forced software update from MS.
AA1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #3581
Great Supremacy Member

Hi, Anyone else here facing issues with surface pro 4 type cover after recent forced software update from MS.
you don't have a choice. deal with it.

my trackpad has been going bonkers.
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 12:39 AM   #3582
Great Supremacy Member

anyone know of a repair shop in sim lim?
Old 12-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #3583

Microsoft to replace Surface Pro 4 tablets affected by screen flickering
23 comments
The company couldn’t find a software or firmware fix
By Chris Welch@chriswelch May 11, 2018, 1:57pm EDT

Microsoft is formally launching a replacement program for Surface Pro 4 devices affected by screen flickering. Any Surface Pro 4 units experiencing the problem will be covered for up to three years from the time of original purchase. “We have heard your feedback and after careful examination, have determined that a small percentage of Surface Pro 4 devices are exhibiting a screen flicker that cannot be addressed with a firmware or driver update,” the company said on its support page with details on the program.

The annoying flickering has been well-documented on Microsoft’s support forums, with some users taking drastic steps like putting their Surface Pro 4 in a freezer to temporarily fix the issue. Back in February, Microsoft said it was closely monitoring the situation, and the company came to the conclusion that there’s no convenient fix.
You know something’s wrong when users are freezing their gadgets to fix an issue. George Visvikis

Some customers have already paid for a screen replacement to stop the flickering since the problem typically arises when a machine is out of warranty; Microsoft says they’ll be “offered a refund.” The company notes that this three-year coverage doesn’t extend to other problems your Surface Pro might experience outside the warranty period; it only applies to the screen issue. Replacement devices are refurbished — not brand new — Surface Pro 4s.

The so-called “Flickergate” has been yet another knock against the Surface line, which has been targeted by Consumer Reports for showing poor reliability over the years. Plenty of Microsoft’s devices work wonderfully, but for those that don’t, the company is now trying to do the right thing.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...cement-program
Free replacement for screen flicker

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...screen-flicker
Old 12-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #3584
Great Supremacy Member

might be applicable to SG?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/...screen-flicker

Last edited by RyuShinEX; 12-05-2018 at 04:52 PM..
Old 12-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #3585
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just read it, gd news for all of u with flickering issue.
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.