HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #3661
Supremacy Member

But Pro 5 seems to have some flickering issues too right, but Maybe not so widespread.

Sent from Medellín using GAGT
Hmm.... lucky I switched to iPad Pro 12.9 second gen... too powerful lol. Especially for web browsing, screen refresh rate, brightness, battery life, watching videos... everything thrash sp4 upside down. Lightweight and Super slim, doesn’t get hot. When I use sp4 ... it’s just way too inferior...I have used sp4 since 2015... mine is first batch preordered and tio boot loop on first day and I used 7 days to resolve the issue. Still can remember lol. Can’t even download their iso file properly from their webpage

Last edited by GotBetrayed; 26-05-2018 at 12:04 PM..
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #3662
Great Supremacy Member

#blamewin10
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2018, 11:49 PM   #3663
Master Member

hi it seem like my surface pro 4 also have the flickergate. may i know wat is the fix for this?

the words will turn blurry from time to time. i have updated to the latest firmware

Last edited by engshing; 19-06-2018 at 12:10 AM..
engshing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 01:28 PM   #3664

hi it seem like my surface pro 4 also have the flickergate. may i know wat is the fix for this?

the words will turn blurry from time to time. i have updated to the latest firmware
Call in Microsoft, they will perform a diagnostic run through, if it's hardware, they will replace it.
Allistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #3665

Call in Microsoft, they will perform a diagnostic run through, if it's hardware, they will replace it.
Hi i have flickering issues for like almost 1 year plus and don't think i have warranty any more.

Do you know how much do they charge for replacing it?
Erikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #3666
Supremacy Member

Never buy this shiat again!
sqgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:33 PM   #3667

Hi i have flickering issues for like almost 1 year plus and don't think i have warranty any more.

Do you know how much do they charge for replacing it?
there is currently a "recall" for surface pro 4 with flickering issues, no need to pay even if warranty is expired
Erikku likes this.
bitwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #3668

I have owned 3 laptops before Surface and for my usage and everyday needs, this is the most suitable for me. Sure I had issues but it's all been ironed out.

I understand a lot of people will raise hell and complain when things don't go smoothly but remember there are people who are content with the product that just remains silent.
bitwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #3669
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone knows a store that sells and applies screen protector for Surface Pro?

i assume no such thing as privacy screens right?
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #3670
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

nvr heard of.
I installed skin through.
evq is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #3671
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have owned 3 laptops before Surface and for my usage and everyday needs, this is the most suitable for me. Sure I had issues but it's all been ironed out.

I understand a lot of people will raise hell and complain when things don't go smoothly but remember there are people who are content with the product that just remains silent.
for the past 10yr, I owned 7 laptops, from 10" netbook to a 17" gaming laptop. including ultralight laptops, SP4 then this SP2017.

In term of weight & flexibility, SP suits me most. Only complain is unable to upgrade the RAM & storage. I m using i7 256GB. Got a 256GB memory card, but the speed sucks.
evq is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 10:08 PM   #3672
Arch-Supremacy Member

To be honest, I don't know if you are happy about the form factor or just Surface Pro in particular. I have used many laptops before, but this hybrid form factor is really good for me. Thankful to MS for the introduction of this form factor. In fact I was quite interested in getting the Surface Pro 4 previously and thank God I did not as I was waiting for the free keyboard promotion. For the premium price they charge, none of these critical QC issues should have happened. And even if they do slip out, the fix/ recall should not take this long. Almost every generation of Surface Pro if not every generation have some shop stopping bugs and fixes coming in only after widespread complaints.

Anyway, I ended with a Lenovo Miix 720 which was cheaper than the price of a Surface Pro 4 with i5 and 256GB storage without the keyboard. The Miix 720 came with a slightly slower i5 processor, double the storage size, and comes bundled with keyboard and pen.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #3673
Arch-Supremacy Member

there is currently a "recall" for surface pro 4 with flickering issues, no need to pay even if warranty is expired
They will cause more unhappiness if they charged for the repairs. The issue has been around for a long time and it actually took them a very long time to issue the recall/ repairs.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #3674
Great Supremacy Member

Only hope is to order online.
RyuShinEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #3675
Supremacy Member

for the past 10yr, I owned 7 laptops, from 10" netbook to a 17" gaming laptop. including ultralight laptops, SP4 then this SP2017.

In term of weight & flexibility, SP suits me most. Only complain is unable to upgrade the RAM & storage. I m using i7 256GB. Got a 256GB memory card, but the speed sucks.
SanDisk micro SD card?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
joesph is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.