HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

MS surface pro 4 in singapore?

Like Tree164Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2020, 01:55 PM   #3751
Master Member

Anyway I tried and I shall update everyone here (So that no one will end up wasting their time). For the flickering issue, MS is willing to extend 2 years of warranty on top of your original 1 year warranty. Hence if your unit is within 3 years of your purchase date, you are technically out of warranty but MS is able to replace your unit. If your unit is beyond 3 years of your purchase date, MS will not replace your unit.

So for me, my unit is beyond 3 years of purchased. Iím mad at NS for not doing a total recall but there is nothing I can do. This will be the last time Iím dealing with MS products.

Anyway thank you to the bros whom assisted, truly appreciated Especially Big_Fish.
glad to be of help so did you managed to get your SP4 replaced?
BiG_FisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2020, 11:38 PM   #3752

Do you guys get back a pro 4 or a newer model since the pro 4 has been out of sales for so long.
I received my RMA with refurbished set
I tried calling in MS and they said they are unable to provide out of warranty replacement It will cost over $900 to repair the screen instead. The officer said that if anyone has received a replacement unit for free under an out of warranty period, they will do the same for me too. Are you able to help me out and provide me with your case ID or something so that I can show it to them as a reference? Please :X
Hi everyone,

i just called microsoft today regarding the flickering issue on my SP4
However, they told me that they can only do replacement for purchases in Dec 2016 onwards, and mine was in Feb 2016.

Hence i am not eligible for the replacement, he gave me 2 options
1) pay 800++ to get SP 5
or
2) Trade in my faulty set and get a new product

Is there anyway i can still get the replacement pls?
Thank you for taking the trouble to return with an update! It confirmed my fears as my SP4 was bought in March 2016 and beyond the 3 years deadline too.

I wasted 30min talking to the luckless CSO who took my call and got the same ultimatum as everyone else - pay $885 for a SP5 or get some 3rd party to fix it. MS is a dead end.

On the bright side, I saw that digital hospital is doing a screen replacement for SP4 at $279. One of their listed problems for a screen replacement is 'Screen Flicker', which is probably a common problem for SP4 everywhere. The replacement screen comes with 3 months warranty and a 92% success rate (their words).

I am considering the deal even though I don't need an SP4, because the alternative is a dead elephant in storage. If anyone else is interested, here's the carousell link I saw -

https://sg.carousell.com/p/12-12-c02...ort_by=popular
now im using dell laptop but it is very old ba. but still can use. because i go sim lim and give it fresh life. now i need to get another device to read ebooks in the train and take notes in class.

for tablet i am only looking at these 2 brands. i saw one yishun shop the second hand prices for ipad pro 9.7'' is ($399) and 10.5'' is ($499) and microsoft Surface (havent seen any shop selling at second hand yet).

i am looking at second hand. which one should i get and why? also where to buy second hand beside carousell? any physical shop you recommend? thanks.
kaixin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.