HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need advise for tablet

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Arch-Supremacy Member

Need advise for tablet

helping my father to search for a tablet PC but i m not familiar with tablet, need experts' advices. Below are the question i asked him n his replies:

1. Size of the tablet? -standard
2. Is the weight of the tablet a concern? -reasonable
3. Usage of the tablet? Work or personal? - personal
4. You want cheap or speed? - speed
5. Any budget or just want the cheapest tablet? - $300 plus
6. International warranty? - yes

i personally thinks $300+ hardly can get any tablet but just recommend as close as possible. no acer or LG please, especially acer. TIA
otacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #2

Okay good.
apostrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Okay good.
what answer is this? any experts can help?
Old 07-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
Greater Supremacy Member

300 bucks tablet only can go for those china android tablets..
idiort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #5

helping my father to search for a tablet PC but i m not familiar with tablet, need experts' advices. Below are the question i asked him n his replies:

1. Size of the tablet? -standard
2. Is the weight of the tablet a concern? -reasonable
3. Usage of the tablet? Work or personal? - personal
4. You want cheap or speed? - speed
5. Any budget or just want the cheapest tablet? - $300 plus
6. International warranty? - yes

i personally thinks $300+ hardly can get any tablet but just recommend as close as possible. no acer or LG please, especially acer. TIA
Not really possible. China Android is the way to go. Though they aren't too good as well. In fact, i think Android is rubbish but nevermind that....

Get an Ipad. Apple UI is the simplest to use, which is the main priority unless your dad is tech-savvy. It may break your budget, but it will be a much smoother user experience for him.
sushibiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not really possible. China Android is the way to go. Though they aren't too good as well. In fact, i think Android is rubbish but nevermind that....

Get an Ipad. Apple UI is the simplest to use, which is the main priority unless your dad is tech-savvy. It may break your budget, but it will be a much smoother user experience for him.
he got a acer netbook but i m not sure y he is getting a tablet. he likes gadgets but not tech-savvy, needs lots of IT help.

how is this Asus Eee PC T101MT? roughly how much is it?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #7

Get Creative
Hanwudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #8

more importantly i think u have to take into account the following:

1. purpose
2. platform
3. size/weight
4. capacitive or resistive screen..
5. i/o options

just my 2 cts
newgmkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #9

My 2 cents

Seems a lot of people refer to CHina tablets as Chineese products are somehow worse than others. Seemingly people forget that most mobile phones are in whole or in part made in China.

SO i agree with what most say here it all depends on what you want.
Decent ANdroid tablet at 230 sing or Win & at 700 S$ or iPad at 1kplus

IF your looking for value the Android is the way to go.
10inch resistive screen isnt as responsive as an ipad but its a quarter of the cost.
True the apple has multi touch but ask your self this ...how often do or would you use that ?? I know on my iPhone and more recently N8 phone i dont use it at all or maybe once a week tops . Is that worthe a premium ...MHO = No

ANdroid give you apps for free and lots of other benifits in access to files and stuff that Apple restricts

I could waffle for hours about this but if the ANdroid was 450 and the apple 600 then its a no brainer ...go apple but with the apple at 4 times the cost of the android you just cant justify the cost IMHO

Good luck
bigfilsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

My 2 cents

Seems a lot of people refer to CHina tablets as Chineese products are somehow worse than others. Seemingly people forget that most mobile phones are in whole or in part made in China.

SO i agree with what most say here it all depends on what you want.
Decent ANdroid tablet at 230 sing or Win & at 700 S$ or iPad at 1kplus

IF your looking for value the Android is the way to go.
10inch resistive screen isnt as responsive as an ipad but its a quarter of the cost.
True the apple has multi touch but ask your self this ...how often do or would you use that ?? I know on my iPhone and more recently N8 phone i dont use it at all or maybe once a week tops . Is that worthe a premium ...MHO = No

ANdroid give you apps for free and lots of other benifits in access to files and stuff that Apple restricts

I could waffle for hours about this but if the ANdroid was 450 and the apple 600 then its a no brainer ...go apple but with the apple at 4 times the cost of the android you just cant justify the cost IMHO

Good luck
but iPad costs as cheap as $725+ n archos 101 (8GB) costs $499, so the difference is only $225+. so which will u choose?

anyway, thanks everyone for the feedback, i have decided to get archos 101 for my dad if he still wants a tablet. but for the time being, he is holding back the plan to get tablet soon
Old 12-01-2011, 02:37 AM   #11

300 bucks tablet only can go for those china android tablets..
800 bucks gets you a china ipad

its year 2011 people, not 1911
bigfilsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.