Nvidia Shield Gaming Tablet

bonkeng

Reaction score
I also lusted over Tab S because of my love of AMOLED. But hearing the stutter and battery issues, I had 2nd thoughts and bought a N7 2013 on offer instead. Wished they came out with a Snapdragon version instead.

I got the tab pro, and then tabs. both I experienced stuttering. Im never buying samsung phones or tablets anymore. The shield tablet I got would have been perfect if I got the LTE variant :s22:

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Up till this morning mine LTE from UK Amazon is still stuck in transit.... I dont think cab reach by 26 Nov hahahahaha

imdarek

Reaction score
i placed the AT&T sim card back to the slot, it can detect it leh. There is still baseband version and IMEI number. Should I downgrade it back to 4.4 or RMA it back to amazon?

Last edited:

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GbR2ddu.jpg

Raffles City, Suckhub.

Sent from GAGT Android App

imdarek

Reaction score
I checked with amazon they allow full refund if item in good condition and shipping fee they can pay for it. Like that ship back and buy from amazon UK seems like better choice? They say it is best to use UPS.

My chat with Amazon CS:
07:54 PM PST Darek: Amazon would require a tracking number is that correct?
07:55 PM PST Louis(Amazon): You will need to pay for the return, but if you keep the receipt i think we can do something about that amount
Correct. Once you have the tracking number and the receipt from that shipping, contact us.
08:01 PM PST Darek: If item is opened?
08:01 PM PST Louis(Amazon): As long as not evident that it has been used
08:02 PM PST Louis(Amazon): Like scratches, damage to the case, worn out paint stuff like that

Last edited:

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I checked with amazon they allow full refund if item in good condition and shipping fee they can pay for it. Like that ship back and buy from amazon UK seems like better choice? They say it is best to use UPS.

My chat with Amazon CS:
07:54 PM PST Darek: Amazon would require a tracking number is that correct?
07:55 PM PST Louis(Amazon): You will need to pay for the return, but if you keep the receipt i think we can do something about that amount
Correct. Once you have the tracking number and the receipt from that shipping, contact us.
08:01 PM PST Darek: If item is opened?
08:01 PM PST Louis(Amazon): As long as not evident that it has been used
08:02 PM PST Louis(Amazon): Like scratches, damage to the case, worn out paint stuff like that
You mean any obvious defect out of the box?

Sent from GAGT Android App

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i placed the AT&T sim card back to the slot, it can detect it leh. There is still baseband version and IMEI number. Should I downgrade it back to 4.4 or RMA it back to amazon?

Here's links to guide for return to stock guide from XDA:

Adb fastboot shield recovery image flashing … | Nvidia Shield Tablet | XDA Forums

[INDEX] Nvidia Shield Tablet - ROMs, Kernels… | Nvidia Shield Tablet | XDA Forums

I have 2 questions with regards to your situation:

1) Was the SIM slot and data working before you sideload Lollipop ?
2) Wouldn't it have been better to wait for the OTA ?

imdarek

Reaction score
Here's links to guide for return to stock guide from XDA:

Adb fastboot shield recovery image flashing … | Nvidia Shield Tablet | XDA Forums

[INDEX] Nvidia Shield Tablet - ROMs, Kernels… | Nvidia Shield Tablet | XDA Forums

I have 2 questions with regards to your situation:

1) Was the SIM slot and data working before you sideload Lollipop ?
2) Wouldn't it have been better to wait for the OTA ?

Yea it was working before i sideloaded. Im sure even i load the OTA i would not get the LTE speed and since they offer full refund + shipping. Why not?

l0nEr_

Reaction score
Dont know how true...

NVIDIA Black Friday deals include SHIELD tablet with free controller and more | giveawaytech.com

On November 28 from 12:01 am PST/3:01 AM EST to 11:59 pm PST/2:59 am EST, NVIDIA will sell its 32GB LTE SHIELD tablet with a SHIELD controller, Green Box bundle — which includes Half-Life 2, Portal and Half-Life 2: Episode One — and the NVIDIA GRID game streaming service for $399. Right now, the 32GB LTE SHIELD tablet is $399 by itself, with the SHIELD controller priced at $59.99.

Crap, i dont need the controller, the 32GB, games, or the 4G. Just need 16GB...
unless anybody wants the games and controller? :)

Last edited:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont know how true...

NVIDIA Black Friday deals include SHIELD tablet with free controller and more | giveawaytech.com

On November 28 from 12:01 am PST/3:01 AM EST to 11:59 pm PST/2:59 am EST, NVIDIA will sell its 32GB LTE SHIELD tablet with a SHIELD controller, Green Box bundle — which includes Half-Life 2, Portal and Half-Life 2: Episode One — and the NVIDIA GRID game streaming service for $399. Right now, the 32GB LTE SHIELD tablet is $399 by itself, with the SHIELD controller priced at $59.99.

Crap, i dont need the controller, the 32GB, games, or the 4G. Just need 16GB...
unless anybody wants the games and controller? :)

wow....been eyeing this for a long time. Thanks for the tip.

ed3n89

Reaction score
I'm wanted to buy NNvidia Shield Tablet LTE version. Is there anyone selling here? Please email me your price, billing method and delivery duration. Thanks.

l0nEr_

Reaction score
just curious, if ship USD399 stuff from amazon, need to pay GST import taxes? how about USD299?
Considering between the deal and just the normal 16gb version...

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Amazon checkout box would do the calculation and if exceeded SGD400 it would include tax when placing order and you can see it.

ed3n89

Reaction score
Amazon checkout box would do the calculation and if exceeded SGD400 it would include tax when placing order and you can see it.

Hi, did you able to purchase the shield tablet via Amazon? I tried but the system says that it won't ship to Singapore.
Besides, how much in total for the lte tablet?

LonelyMan

Master Member
Reaction score
Please read and compare the price yourself for the 2 different versions from Amazon UK and US.

Amazon UK with GBP15++ shipping, supports LTE band 3 and 7 in SG

Amazon US need to have freight forwarder, supports only LTE band 7 in SG

I bought mine from Amazon UK

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.