HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy or Ipad air

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By miragez

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2014, 03:36 AM   #1

Samsung Galaxy or Ipad air

I'm currently using Samsung S3, very happy with samsung product. Not used to using iphone. But most of my friends telling me ipad is better than Galaxy. Not sure if they are Apple fans or Ipad is higher spec than Galaxy?

Can someone please advise which one is more stable and suit my usage better?

I will be using for media, emails and some trading platform.
Thank you.
jas663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:54 AM   #2
Master Member

i would suggest galaxy.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:03 AM   #3

IPAD battery life is better than Android tablets.
s3856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #4

Is the spec comparable for both?
Old 10-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #5

I'm currently using Samsung S3, very happy with samsung product. Not used to using iphone. But most of my friends telling me ipad is better than Galaxy. Not sure if they are Apple fans or Ipad is higher spec than Galaxy?

Can someone please advise which one is more stable and suit my usage better?

I will be using for media, emails and some trading platform.
Thank you.
Hi jas663,

Firstly welcome to hardwarezone tablet den, guess you found the right place.

Some personal experiences from me as I have several android devices that includes of nexus 7 , note 3 and 10.1 2014 but I also own an ipad. There are not such thing as better or worse. For me I feel that if a device works your needs then it will be the best personal experience you will have.

Let's start with several points you had provided which I feel rather need more detail explanation such as Media.

1. Are you going to load movies/audio music into the tablet ?

2. Are you going to stream movies/audio music into the tablet ?

If media is really those type that you like to stream, load into the device, then Android is a better experience for you. I have a note 10.1 2014 which I used to stream english / korean / chinese drama.

I tried with iPad Air, the problem comes with you are dealing with hdmi adapters, as you know I only have 1 device of apple product and compared to the number of Android devices I need to ensure the rest will work out well with my hdmi adaptors. Which I would say Samsung tablet is a winner. ( The killer here you can extend your storage space with additional microsd to keep your movies and music ) or can even act like a cartridge with two microsd one for movie and one for music.

But if you have a hdmi adapters that link with apple products already stick to that as loading movies and media can still be done but you need extra apps such as Olite player to stream into iPad Air before you can bring it. ( But its pretty restriction of storage space.) I got a 32gb wifi as I never though of loading any movies though I tried but the experience is not like Android. ( I not too much of Android or too much of IOS ecosystem let's be fair, Apple has its own movies/music section in Appstore which recommends you to buy/rent and watch them.)

Emails
I cannot recommend you any suggestion for this since I do not use much of the email capabilities but I can say if you can survive on Android apps, make do with what you really have. If there is a need for an app that does not exist on Android and its on IOS, then what sure you weight it heavily is this going to be your major device for viewing. ( Is this the most important part of your needs)

I would say you will miss the back button which exist on Android devices that allows you to move back much efficiently.

trading platform
I cannot help you with this as I do not use it for either devices.

Others
I used my Android mostly to play games, while my iPad Air for working. I will share more on how I use my needs. The Note 10.1 2014 will always be at home well you can say I have the S-Pen. I find that my hands is not comfortable with the S-Pen as I find it too tiny and fragile to write. ( Ha there are stylus like Wacom bamboo stylus feel nah I not going to spend on it just because for that stylus writing comfortable maybe others will like.)

I went ahead to get stylus which will work on both devices. I can now write notes on either one of them. ( If you feel that is your need to work on all captivate screen stylus then get it )

The note 10.1.2014 and iPad Air shares something in common they allow me to read my ebooks. ( Experience on Android the moon+ reader app gives the best experience as it handles most format of ebooks, on iPad Air I use two apps to read my books which one for epub and mobi which require iBooks and Kindle App which some may find it distrubing)

So what's not differences between the two..... ( my Note 10.1 2014 and iPad Air )

Note 10.1 2014 ( has very little apps which allow me to do up my planner which as a project schedule, the mind mapping exist, but very few selection as I looking for specific ones which allows me to do more things such as doodle and so on )

iPad Air ( ecosystem apps duplicate so many of them, hence there are choices to choose but do note you will need to spend $$$$ for them while some are free but those I have requires $$$ in order to ensure)

There are alternatives between them, it sees how you cope with them efficiently, some user from this forum feels that with LectureNotes from Android will be sufficient enough to do everything. But for me I need it to be able to export into the format I need. Such as project schedule which can be export into microsoft project or excel nicely.

Summary

At the end, always remember weight you needs before you buy, spend some time to demo at Samsung shops and Apple retail stores. If you still cannot find your needs, you are welcome to see how others people use their device it gives you a better idea.
jas663 likes this.
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #6

Thanks Miragez for your detail explanation.

For media, currently I using PC to upload movies and then copy to my S3. If easier to use tablets to stream or upload, I would definitely use it to upload.

Using the same brand I probably will not need to deal with extra cables too
Old 13-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
Master Member

Thanks Miragez for your detail explanation.

For media, currently I using PC to upload movies and then copy to my S3. If easier to use tablets to stream or upload, I would definitely use it to upload.

Using the same brand I probably will not need to deal with extra cables too
for your info, galaxy note pro cable is not the same as your S3.
Old 13-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #8

for your info, galaxy note pro cable is not the same as your S3.
Arh yes yes my bad I never mention about galaxy note pro I am refering to galaxy note 10.1 2014 and yes your right about S3 and note 10.1 2014 the usb cable is different.

S3 using 5pin usb connection Note 3 and Note 10.1.2014 uses 11 pin micro usb.

Note: Note 3 can still use the cable of S3 and USB 3.0 stock cable that comes with it.

The galaxy note pro and note 3 can use the same USB 3.0 stock cable or backward compatibility.

Hope this clear the air.
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 12:58 AM   #9
Master Member

I have a friend looking to offload his galaxy note 10.1(2014) for $400 since he recently bought a new laptop.

I think the price is falling,so its quite okay now to buy
hornbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #10

Oh I see, thanks all for the information.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.