HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung GALAXY Tab S -- the next high-end AMOLED tablets

Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #76
Master Member

I asked specifically cause her slides shows Exynos, and she confirmed that we will get Exynos and not SD.

Unless her info is wrong tho...
Prices and specs here.

Prices of Samsung Galaxy Tab S Tablets Revealed on Courts Singapore's Website - HardwareZone.com.sg
swgj86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #77

Courts has taken down the adverts.

But I guess the prices could not be far from the 'leaked' ones.
Windbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #78
Master Member

Courts has taken down the adverts.

But I guess the prices could not be far from the 'leaked' ones.
the screenshots are in the article anyway.

they wanted me to take down the article, but too bad ...
swgj86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:18 AM   #79

tab pro 8.4 LTE drop to how much liao
rerear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #80
Administrator

Yes, that info is correct - we've triple checked that weeks ago.
These tablets will come with the Exynos processors.

I recall checking if it supports LTE and the answer was yes cause this is a new revision that has LTE support. I hope that bit wasn't incorrect.

I think that the Snapdragon is for the LTE version since the Exynos probably can't handle LTE yet.
I asked specifically cause her slides shows Exynos, and she confirmed that we will get Exynos and not SD.

Unless her info is wrong tho...
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #81
Administrator

You're welcome!
Hope you enjoyed comparing the devices :p

Am surprised nobody posted this

In short, THIS IS THE BEST TABLET RANGE SAMSUNG HAS EVER PRODUCED!

Many many thanks to HWZ for this event!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #82
Supremacy Member

You're welcome!
Hope you enjoyed comparing the devices :p
Of cuzzzzz!

Seeing Dr.Vijay at the event plus that can of Red Bull got me high the whole night! Not to mention those devices I wish I own every single one of them.
Dr.Vijay likes this.
kero89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #83

Yes, that info is correct - we've triple checked that weeks ago.
These tablets will come with the Exynos processors.

I recall checking if it supports LTE and the answer was yes cause this is a new revision that has LTE support. I hope that bit wasn't incorrect.
Strange.

There is an Exynos 5430 that supports LTE, but this is a very new chip, that can run all 8 cores at once, and has only appeared in the rumoured Korea-only up-specced S5 with 2K resolution screen.

Reports I have seen about the Tab S all say that the Exynos chip is the 5420, which is an older chip that runs only 4 cores at once and does not support LTE. They also say that the LTE version of the Tab S will use Snapdragon 800.

Edit: "Support" is probably the wrong word. The Snapdragon has LTE built into the CPU chip itself. The Exynos 5420 chip does not have LTE built in, but there is nothing to stop Samsung from adding a separate LTE chip to the motherboard.

Last edited by tspurs; 04-07-2014 at 09:18 PM..
tspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #84

Example: Phonearena says Exynos 5420.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 specs
tspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 PM   #85
Supremacy Member

Strange.

There is an Exynos 5430 that supports LTE, but this is a very new chip, that can run all 8 cores at once, and has only appeared in the rumoured Korea-only up-specced S5 with 2K resolution screen.

Reports I have seen about the Tab S all say that the Exynos chip is the 5420, which is an older chip that runs only 4 cores at once and does not support LTE. They also say that the LTE version of the Tab S will use Snapdragon 800.

Edit: "Support" is probably the wrong word. The Snapdragon has LTE built into the CPU chip itself. The Exynos 5420 chip does not have LTE built in, but there is nothing to stop Samsung from adding a separate LTE chip to the motherboard.
Yes I'm pretty surprised too.

5420 doesn't support LTE natively.

And why would Samsung do a SD800 Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi + LTE, together with 5420 Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + LTE. Definitely not cost effective, unlike the tab pro series where Wi-Fi = 5420, LTE = SD800.

If really, Damn u Samsung by introducing 5420 to LTE variant. I love SD800 more and will take that any day.....
kero89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:17 AM   #86

Yes I'm pretty surprised too.

5420 doesn't support LTE natively.

And why would Samsung do a SD800 Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi + LTE, together with 5420 Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + LTE. Definitely not cost effective, unlike the tab pro series where Wi-Fi = 5420, LTE = SD800.

If really, Damn u Samsung by introducing 5420 to LTE variant. I love SD800 more and will take that any day.....
Well that is something I also questioning, they should go for SD801 already as the tab pro is already running on SD800, this way they can attract or prevent user from buying the tab pro and go for the tab S. If it was SD800 or SD801 ( I will see away my tab pro lte and get this. )

Samsung been confusing all along with their Exynos, as you already know earlier they mentioned their Exynos does have LTE but it is not for international or suited for outside of korea to utilise it at all, it was made specifically for their local. But now they opened up for use for outside of their country. Then why introduce the SD 800 again in this series? Unless their Exynos is still not capable/stable enough to run throughout the other region.

If it matches my thoughts then I can say their exynos is still not as powerful to run LTE on other region, they manage to hit the nail for our local country signal spectrum. So they are selling the exynos here. while SD 800 still require for other region.
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:41 AM   #87
Supremacy Member

Creative Introduces New High Performance Headset - The Creative Hitz MA500 - HardwareZone.com.sg

Looks like it's Exynos for LTE here, no Snapdragon variant... You guys should know that Exynos has weaker battery life on usage and also higher temperature during loads.

NNot sure if Courts provided the correct info, that price range is $200 more expensive than Tab Pro 10.1 during launch.
zXioNGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #88

woah this tablet looks great. and from the photos it looks significantly slimmer than tab pro 8.4. mega sleek looking. even the launch price is reasonable.
just hope the slim-ness don't cause any overheating like tab pro sometimes
Hesitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #89
Supremacy Member

woah this tablet looks great. and from the photos it looks significantly slimmer than tab pro 8.4. mega sleek looking. even the launch price is reasonable.
Definitely have overheating, especially when it's Exynos chip
zXioNGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #90

This will still occurs as long as samsung kernel base is not configure properly to handle apps and to intelligently control the app to reduce it speed to a favourable operational level.
miragez is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.