Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya most app especially apps tailored for phone use is forced to be in Portrait orientation. Dex actually solves using it on tablet by letting you view in scaled mode. Once you make it full screen in Dex mode it will either be distorted in its UI or kena kicked to portrait orientation again.

Have a Tab S 8.4 too, contemplating to get this or wait for iPad Pro 2018 as iOS is tailored more for creatives. But again the productivity part in S4 is so powerful in day to day usage.

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

Woh. Seems quite alot Tab S 8.4 users over here. I held on to it is because Tab S2, S2ve, S3 screen is 4:3. Finally 16:10, is back.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Link to redeem one year free the strait times, zaobao and viu

https://www.samsung.com/sg/tablet-redemption/

Sent from HUAWEI NEO-L29 using GAGT

Last edited:

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I realise most apps dont work in landscape anymore unless it has landscape version..they seem to force you to use dex

That has always been the main complaint for Android tablet and why people suggest getting the iPad. Most Android developers simply do not bother to create tablet optimised apps due to the dying market, and without good apps, more people are avoiding Android tablets. It's a vicious cycle.

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I very ocd hope my tp faster arrive. Dun wanna it to have scratches on the screen.

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone switch from tb s3 to s4? Still thinking whether to upgrade?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone switch from tb s3 to s4? Still thinking whether to upgrade?
What i feel as a Tab S 8.4 user for you, keep your Tab S3. The changes are the aspect ratio and higher storage (64GB-256GB). Otherwise it's same. Save for money.

For me, Tab S 8.4 to Tab S4 is quite big change. Cos it's been a 4 year old tablet.

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
My only reason changing is for the new aspect ratio for watching movie and bigger screen size compare to s3. Somehow can't convince myself to upgrade

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My only reason changing is for the new aspect ratio for watching movie and bigger screen size compare to s3. Somehow can't convince myself to upgrade
Me uses that to watch movie and bigger screen. Maybe u can sell s3 or trade in?

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
Me uses that to watch movie and bigger screen. Maybe u can sell s3 or trade in?

I am thinking of going down comex show seeing the physical set and maybe just do instant trade in there.

Just to check is the WiFi set eligible for the free upgrade?

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I really hope to use it as a partial laptop with the DeX function, but somehow not confident it can hold up well with the rather disappointing specs

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of going down comex show seeing the physical set and maybe just do instant trade in there.

Just to check is the WiFi set eligible for the free upgrade?

yes. go and take a look over at comex

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think you should hold on first. Wait for Tab S5 or something. Don't so rush. The reason I didn't buy Tab S2, Tab S2 VE or Tab S3 is the aspect Ratio too.

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
I think you should hold on first. Wait for Tab S5 or something. Don't so rush. The reason I didn't buy Tab S2, Tab S2 VE or Tab S3 is the aspect Ratio too.

I also feel it might be a rush decision to upgrade as there not much changes from s3

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

But tablet cycle is not as frequent as phones. Might need to wait till 2020 for Tab S5, if Samsung even decide to continue making android tablets

yxyxx8

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at M1 COMEX deal. 698 for 256GB with 2GB $19.9 plan. Total cost is 1175.6. like not bad for paying $3.2 for the 2GB data hor?

Posted from PCWX using SM-G965F

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But tablet cycle is not as frequent as phones. Might need to wait till 2020 for Tab S5, if Samsung even decide to continue making android tablets

Yeah. That's why there is one year where Samsung did not launch new tablet. Instead they refresh Tab S2, called Tab S2 or Tab S2 2016 edition

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.