HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2019, 12:54 PM   #886

Was wondering if the Samsung at changi is offering the current promo of 100 off with keyboard cover ?
Why take the risk ?
RouK3ziLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #887

Why take the risk ?
just that i'm flying out friday. any taiko here knows if any location where the keyboard cover still available ? challenger ? harvey ? courts ? thanks
Xiangan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #888
Supremacy Member

Because iPad has many apps specifically made for tablet, making good use of the bigger space, not just using the same phone app like Android. Many of such apps dun even cater for landscape mode, you might have encounter some apps that forced you to go portrait mode unless you use 3rd party rotating app to turn it
Hmm... Interesting... Maybe I only use the major apps, so I don't face this problem. MS Word, You Bible, Olive Tree Bible, Acrobat Reader, Chrome, Quickpic, Audio (e-book reader), Gmail, Merriam Webster dictionary, YouTube, Straits Times, Google Maps... all these have no problem let... Real Racing, Asphalt Xtreme, Asphalt 8 also no problem leh...
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 03:25 PM   #889
High Supremacy Member

Hmm... Interesting... Maybe I only use the major apps, so I don't face this problem. MS Word, You Bible, Olive Tree Bible, Acrobat Reader, Chrome, Quickpic, Audio (e-book reader), Gmail, Merriam Webster dictionary, YouTube, Straits Times, Google Maps... all these have no problem let... Real Racing, Asphalt Xtreme, Asphalt 8 also no problem leh...
I dun find it that bad, not to the point of unusable, though got some annoyance from time to time. But the reputation is already so bad that you have many people parroting this even though they never use android tablet before.
fortunecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 12:25 PM   #890

Samsung One UI changes the way Samsung usually does multi window and it's becomes very cumbersome and you cannot add the App Pair to your home screen. To me, it's really a backward step. Since I always use multi window, will probably not update when it comes.
lamtw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 02:52 PM   #891
Supremacy Member

No way. Android tablets are basically condemned due to lack of quality apps, even a lot of android phone users prefer iPad.
Agree with this. Android tablets are so so. The reason I'm using android tablets is for watching Netflix and YouTube because of the 16:10 aspect ratio. Other times I'm using iPad for surfing as its more comfortable on 4:3.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 04:03 PM   #892
Master Member

Need to ask for some spoonfeeding here. I tried to find information online but was not successful.

For those using Google Handwriting as an input, do you know where can find character mapping to see how to write capital letters or what to do with the settings so it can capture capital letters properly?

I am struggling to use Google Handwriting to input capital letters properly. Especially like when writing words like "Own" and "Yes". They kept appearing as all are small capital letters or even after full stop. Makes me need to rewrite and select the characters from the suggestions instead.
fyeebiyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 08:43 PM   #893
Arch-Supremacy Member

guys stupid question... thinking of getting a tablet for gaming purpose as well as netflix. but i would like to stream it on 4k. anyidea which tablet support 4k streaming?
lionelfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2019, 10:51 PM   #894

Can i say S5E is not as high spec as S4?

Thinking whether i should spend on S4 or wait for the S5E. And to release in April that soon, is this confirmed?

Does S4 get slower after some time of usage? Any users here can share and comment?

Any on-going offer current?
I see Hachi Tech is offering at S$ 900 for member?

Thanks
chickenessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2019, 07:47 AM   #895
High Supremacy Member

Can i say S5E is not as high spec as S4?

Thinking whether i should spend on S4 or wait for the S5E. And to release in April that soon, is this confirmed?

Does S4 get slower after some time of usage? Any users here can share and comment?

Any on-going offer current?
I see Hachi Tech is offering at S$ 900 for member?

Thanks
It should not be, at least for certain areas, if not Samsung will be killing their S4 themselves.

My S4 is still ok after half a year? But of course it's not as good as my Note 9 to start with
Old 25-03-2019, 11:05 PM   #896

It should not be, at least for certain areas, if not Samsung will be killing their S4 themselves.

My S4 is still ok after half a year? But of course it's not as good as my Note 9 to start with
not as good meaning it is getting slower?
Any comment if getting ipad air 2019 compare to S5E?
chickenessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2019, 08:33 AM   #897
High Supremacy Member

not as good meaning it is getting slower?
Any comment if getting ipad air 2019 compare to S5E?
Didn't really slowed down, but it not as snappy as Note 9 right from the start since the specs is poorer.

Not sure about iPad, but can assume iOS will always be smoother than Android.
Old 26-03-2019, 12:05 PM   #898
Supremacy Member

guys stupid question... thinking of getting a tablet for gaming purpose as well as netflix. but i would like to stream it on 4k. anyidea which tablet support 4k streaming?
Streaming at 4K? Wah... I don't think there's any in the market at the moment... unless you're using the flagship tablets, most tablets will struggle to play 4K smoothly much less stream it smoothly...
Old 26-03-2019, 12:07 PM   #899
Supremacy Member

Didn't really slowed down, but it not as snappy as Note 9 right from the start since the specs is poorer.

Not sure about iPad, but can assume iOS will always be smoother than Android.
Partly because the flagship Android tablets are not as well specced as the iPads... while the mid tier ones are downright stingy with their specs... quite an interesting phenomena cos there are plenty of mid tier phones with very respectable specs...

I'm surprised that the Tab S4 isn't as snappy as the Note 9 given that my Note 8 is really very fast and smooth... it's gotten even better with upgrade to Pie...
Old 26-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #900
High Supremacy Member

Partly because the flagship Android tablets are not as well specced as the iPads... while the mid tier ones are downright stingy with their specs... quite an interesting phenomena cos there are plenty of mid tier phones with very respectable specs...

I'm surprised that the Tab S4 isn't as snappy as the Note 9 given that my Note 8 is really very fast and smooth... it's gotten even better with upgrade to Pie...
Yeah, dun know what's with Samsung. Want sell premium price but dun give the latest and best specs like their phones.

Note 8 is even higher specs than Tab S4 with 6gb ram. And I do find my Note 9 snapper than my previous Note 8 too.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.