Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
High Supremacy Member

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

Anyone considering?

https://www.androidauthority.com/sam...-video-890282/

The major selling point of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 will be itís extremely thin bezels, at least when compared to other tablets in its class. Now, we have a brief hands-on video of what appears to be a Galaxy Tab S4 in the wild.

The video, posted below, shows both a black and white version of what we assume is the Galaxy Tab S4. Signage behind the device says Galaxy A9 Star, but thatís a smartphone, so weíre not sure what happened there. Check it for yourself below:

fortunecat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 07:01 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

For me ...yes. (if comes with s-pen)
My tablet tends to have pen and wacom pen are best...just not sure the rumour blueetooth will kill all previous go function(like never need to charge)
kyleongwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

For me ...yes. (if comes with s-pen)
My tablet tends to have pen and wacom pen are best...just not sure the rumour blueetooth will kill all previous go function(like never need to charge)
What's go function?

Interested to get too if performance is as good as S8 or Note 8. Really feel Tab S3 has quite a bit of lag compared to the phone counterpart
Old 30-07-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
Supremacy Member

Just hope got 8.0 inch version with the stylus... would be the killer tablet... so far the best tablet Samsung has released has still got to be the Tab S2... slim, powerful with fantastic battery life and a super screen...
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
Banned

Heard some rumours that it is going to launch in coming Comex show. Anyone can confirm?
zhtan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #6
High Supremacy Member

Just hope got 8.0 inch version with the stylus... would be the killer tablet... so far the best tablet Samsung has released has still got to be the Tab S2... slim, powerful with fantastic battery life and a super screen...
Is Tab S2 smooth? Even Tab S3 I find has quite a bit of lag
Old 02-08-2018, 06:54 AM   #7
High Supremacy Member

Looks nice but ex

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-ga...-multitaskers/

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 uses Android and a little Samsung software magic to take on Apple and Microsoft.¬*
Like¬*Microsoft's Surface line¬*and¬*Apple's¬*iPad Pro, this premium Android tablet is for more than entertainment. Borrowing capabilities from the¬*DeX dock¬*and¬*pad¬*Samsung makes for its Galaxy¬*phones, the Tab S4 has DeX support that changes the tablet's Android interface into a desktop-style experience.¬*
Attach the $150 Book Cover keyboard (no, it's not included) and the interface changes, letting you run multiple apps side by side and resize their windows, and even drag-and-drop content between them. Samsung will offer an HDMI-to-USB-C multiport adapter for a secondary display (also not included). ¬*

Connect to an external monitor and you can use the Tab S4 as a giant touchpad, or grab the included Samsung S Pen and use the S4 like a Wacom tablet. You can also continue to use it as an Android tablet, so you could keep a video playing on the tablet while you continue to work on a PowerPoint presentation on another display. There's Bluetooth mouse support, too, so you don't have to rely on the touchscreen for navigation.
While there is plenty here for mixed use of home and office, Samsung is also pitching this as a tablet for enterprise use such as retail or healthcare. This is also where Samsung's Knox security platform comes in handy for keeping data safe for these applications.¬*
Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, the Tab S4 is essentially an Android competitor to Windows 10 two-in-ones like the¬*Asus NovaGo, ¬*HP Envy x2¬*and the¬*Lenovo Miix 630¬*($850 at Amazon.com). The big selling points for those is long battery life and optional LTE connectivity so you can work anywhere. The performance on them was unimpressive, though, especially when you consider their prices.¬*

Samsung claims up to 16 hours of video playback from the Galaxy Tab S4's 7,300mAh battery and it supports fast charging via its USB-C port, and there is an LTE version. While I had a little hands-on time with it, going by specs alone, I'm not sure the Tab S4 is worth the $650 asking price, especially when you factor in the additional cost of the keyboard.¬*

Key Specs

Snapdragon 835 processor¬*

4GB of memory

64 or 256GB built-in storage; support for up to 400GB microSD cards

13-megapixel rear and 8-megapixel front cameras

802.11ac MIMO Wi-Fi,¬*Bluetooth¬*5.0

LTE version available

Android 8.1 (update to Android 9.0 at a later date)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

Bigger screen, better sound

Moving up in size from the the 9.7-inch Tab S3 (4:3), the S4 has a 16:10 10.5-inch WQXGA (2,560x1,600 pixels) Super AMOLED display -- 32 percent larger. With its narrower bezels, though, it's similar in size to its predecessor.¬*Samsung¬*paired the screen with¬*AKG-tuned speakers¬*-- four of them -- with¬*Dolby Atmos sound¬*so whatever you're watching or listening to will be as immersive as possible.¬*
The bigger screen gives you more room to use the bundled S Pen and, like Samsung's Note 8, there's support for screen-off note-taking, meaning you can write on the screen without opening an app or even unlocking it.¬*

The Wi-Fi-only version of the Galaxy Tab S4 will be available in the US starting at $650 on Aug. 10 from¬*Amazon,¬*Best Buy¬*and Samsung's website. (That converts to approximately ¬£495 and AU$875.) The LTE version is a¬*Verizon¬*exclusive to start, but will come to other major carriers including¬*Sprint,¬*T-Mobile¬*and¬*US Cellular¬*later in Q3 2018.¬*
You can¬*preorder starting today, and you can also get half off the Book Cover keyboard through Sept. 8 when you buy it with the Galaxy Tab S4.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:08 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not bad at least better than mi pad 4 in using SD 835.

But the thing is that the price. Will it be damn high?
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:12 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

Not bad at least better than mi pad 4 in using SD 835.

But the thing is that the price. Will it be damn high?
Should be >$900 RRP for the lowest specs based on Tab S3 last year
Old 02-08-2018, 03:22 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

Is Tab S2 smooth? Even Tab S3 I find has quite a bit of lag
From my limited experience with a unit that I bought new and gave it away as a gift, yes it's very smooth... somehow the Tab S3 was kind of a step back cos the same processor and amount of RAM was used with the added load of the S-pen...
Old 02-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

Should be >$900 RRP for the lowest specs based on Tab S3 last year
Today's article in HWZ indicates the estimated prices...
Old 02-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #12
High Supremacy Member

From my limited experience with a unit that I bought new and gave it away as a gift, yes it's very smooth... somehow the Tab S3 was kind of a step back cos the same processor and amount of RAM was used with the added load of the S-pen...
Huh, Tab S2 and S3 same processor meh?
Old 02-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Huh, Tab S2 and S3 same processor meh?
S2 - 652
S3 - 820

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:47 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Estimated SG price is near $1.2K.... abit hard stomach.. but its the only decent Android tablet around...
diver-hloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:52 PM   #15

I will wait for all Telcos see got any offer
deal with contact .
mikengtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.