HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2019, 11:02 PM   #391

Can anyone please recommend a good tempered glass for the s5e? Not many options from the usual online platforms. Also looking for a case. The free book cover is thin but doesn't cover the corners. Feels flimsy to me.
JadziaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 02:08 AM   #392

Quite weird as it only happens on portrait. I think it can be addressed by a firmware update, if the issue is the screen, i think it would also happen on landscape.
We can only speculate. If it's vsync issue, then it's just a software fix. But if the physical panel is oriented upside down (which could also cause the jelly effect due to how the pixels are drawn), then I don't think Samsung will do anything about it.
continuum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2019, 08:16 AM   #393

Can anyone please recommend a good tempered glass for the s5e? Not many options from the usual online platforms. Also looking for a case. The free book cover is thin but doesn't cover the corners. Feels flimsy to me.
I tried one of those $13.90 TG with a cut out for the camera - good enough, no loss in touch sensitivity BUT it's really a fingerprint magnet. So I decided to change to p2o mobile $39 TG, a lot better! Still no loss in touch sensitivity, no camera cut out this time - and since it has an oleophobic coating, it has far lesser smudges.

In terms of cases, most cases being sold locally are also book type and only protects the corners - not the whole sides.

We can only speculate. If it's vsync issue, then it's just a software fix. But if the physical panel is oriented upside down (which could also cause the jelly effect due to how the pixels are drawn), then I don't think Samsung will do anything about it.
Ah yes, i read somewhere that one smartphone has this upside down panel and has the same jelly effect. Space limitations maybe that why they did it? But yeah, i don't think they'll do anything if this were the case
Old 01-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #394
Supremacy Member

Quite weird as it only happens on portrait. I think it can be addressed by a firmware update, if the issue is the screen, i think it would also happen on landscape.

https://m.youtube.com/results?search...e+jelly+effect
Is it because of the orientation that you're holding the tablet? I rmb Oneplus 5 having this issue as the panel was mounted upside down. Maybe hold it on the other portrait orientation and see if the jelly effect is still there.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #395

Is it because of the orientation that you're holding the tablet? I rmb Oneplus 5 having this issue as the panel was mounted upside down. Maybe hold it on the other portrait orientation and see if the jelly effect is still there.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
The jelly effect is only seen in portrait mode, but in landscape - no issues. So yeah, i think it's just what it is.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #396
mun

I tried on my s5e yesterday and heng dont have the jelly effect
mun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:42 AM   #397
Master Member

I figured that since I'm here in Toronto, I might as well buy a couple of cases and SP for my S5e:
1. Infiland TAB S5e case, with translucent back cover and flip front cover
2. Spigen Rugged Armor
3. Moko 9H + Oleophobic coating SP
4. Transparent TPU case from Zeking

Should be getting them tomorrow, could have been today but it is Canada Day here, a public holiday.
Gaminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:21 AM   #398

1. Infiland TAB S5e case, with translucent back cover and flip front cover
2. Spigen Rugged Armor
3. Moko 9H + Oleophobic coating SP
4. Transparent TPU case from Zeking
Haha we have mostly the same cases! 😃

I fell in love with the Spigen

The Infiland is now my backup case
Old 02-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #399
Master Member

Haha we have mostly the same cases! 😃

I fell in love with the Spigen

The Infiland is now my backup case
Hey, you know what they say about great minds, right?

I decided to buy these cases for different usage scenarios. Keeping my Tab S2 8" since it can be used as an e-reader, got tons of ebooks on Play Book, Kindle and Dark Horse. Now, a full Samsung user as I have the 128GB S10+ as well....
Old 02-07-2019, 11:24 AM   #400

Ooh they've finally come out with cases. I ordered a rugged type case off Aliexpress which is taking forever to get here.

Last edited by laeticia; 02-07-2019 at 04:20 PM..
laeticia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #401

Where to order the spigen?
PPkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #402
High Supremacy Member

wow the jelly effect looks bad
Old 02-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #403

Hey, you know what they say about great minds, right?

I decided to buy these cases for different usage scenarios. Keeping my Tab S2 8" since it can be used as an e-reader, got tons of ebooks on Play Book, Kindle and Dark Horse. Now, a full Samsung user as I have the 128GB S10+ as well....
👍🏻

The Infiland is also nice since it both has all around side protection (like the cheapo TPU case) and the cover flap (book type cover)

Old 03-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #404
Master Member

👍🏻

The Infiland is also nice since it both has all around side protection (like the cheapo TPU case) and the cover flap (book type cover)
Yep, mine is the hard back cover that is translucent, the flap has a magnet that locks the cover in place, when closed, the tab goes into standby mode, and when the flap cover is opened, the tab wakes.....quite cool. I like the Spigen Rugged Armor case as well, I did a poor job with the screen protector though, but I guess it will do till I get back to Sg. I am thinking of buying a Spigen SP and having it installed professionally in Sg, any shop does this for a reasonable fee? Also, if I buy an SP in Sg, can recommend a good SP and where to get it?
Old 03-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #405

Yep, mine is the hard back cover that is translucent, the flap has a magnet that locks the cover in place, when closed, the tab goes into standby mode, and when the flap cover is opened, the tab wakes.....quite cool. I like the Spigen Rugged Armor case as well, I did a poor job with the screen protector though, but I guess it will do till I get back to Sg. I am thinking of buying a Spigen SP and having it installed professionally in Sg, any shop does this for a reasonable fee? Also, if I buy an SP in Sg, can recommend a good SP and where to get it?
Hosetly, i forgot if the back of this is semi hard with side TPU or all TPU hahaha never bothered to even try installing it on the S5e. This one also has magnetic locks.

Spigen has an official SP for the S5e? I don't see one.

Here's what i did - i got the oleophobic TG from P2o - installed by them. Then i got a Spigen Nano Liquid and i used it also with my tablet. Fyi, one of the 'official' Spigen shop is at Plaza Sing, B1.

Last edited by karloil; 03-07-2019 at 12:56 PM..
karloil is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.