HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2019, 01:07 PM   #466

Are you using the original keyboard or 3rd party?
3rd party. Original keyboard isn't backlit.

awesome! thank you!
You're welcome!
Old 02-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #467
Supremacy Member

You're welcome!
What keyboard is that? Looks really cool!
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:33 AM   #468

You're welcome!
Wow where to purchase? Interested to get 1 as well.. Taobao?
xJuzagalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:07 AM   #469

What keyboard is that? Looks really cool!
Wow where to purchase? Interested to get 1 as well.. Taobao?

Got it from Amazon - but I'm sure there will be similar ones in Taobao, Q10, Lazada. I was looking locally for a backlit keyboard, but haven't found one so online is the next step.

Long battery life, BT will sleep if you haven't typed anything for a few minutes - so once you type again, it will just miss a few characters since it's waking up, fast connection, no issues so far. I believe it has 12 colors with 3 different intensity - (or 16 colors? forgot already). I'm sure you guys will be able to find a similar one online at a much cheaper price.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:48 AM   #470

Got it from Amazon - but I'm sure there will be similar ones in Taobao, Q10, Lazada. I was looking locally for a backlit keyboard, but haven't found one so online is the next step.

Long battery life, BT will sleep if you haven't typed anything for a few minutes - so once you type again, it will just miss a few characters since it's waking up, fast connection, no issues so far. I believe it has 12 colors with 3 different intensity - (or 16 colors? forgot already). I'm sure you guys will be able to find a similar one online at a much cheaper price.
Just curious how much did you pay for?
xJuzagalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:36 AM   #471

Just curious how much did you pay for?
S$38. Quite a bargain considering the original Samsung keyboard is around S$140-170 in shops.

This one is a better option IMO since it doesn't tie you to 1 product. Once you change tablet/phone - you can still use it! Versus to the original product, pricey and useless once you changed tablet.

I'm sure you will be able to find even cheaper ones at Taobao, Q10 or Lazada.
karloil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:59 AM   #472
Supremacy Member

Roughly $25-$30 after shipping using ezbuy. Not that cheap either lol. Easier to get from Amazon for $38 if it deliver directly the keyboard to ur hse.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #473
Supremacy Member

$38 is a really fair price... how's the feel? Keys mushy or clicky type? Also the back lighting can be switched off? What's the weight of the keyboard? And link please? Thank you so much!

Oh got two more questions... if can post pictures will be swell! How did you carry the keyboard with the tablet? From the photo looks like you're using the Samsung Book Cover? Or does the keyboard come with a carrying case that takes the tablet as well?

Last edited by Teo Ming Ern; 04-08-2019 at 11:51 AM..
Old 05-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #474
Arch-Supremacy Member

$38 is a really fair price... how's the feel? Keys mushy or clicky type? Also the back lighting can be switched off? What's the weight of the keyboard? And link please? Thank you so much!

Oh got two more questions... if can post pictures will be swell! How did you carry the keyboard with the tablet? From the photo looks like you're using the Samsung Book Cover? Or does the keyboard come with a carrying case that takes the tablet as well?
If $38, just get it from local shop. Also around same price.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #475

Roughly $25-$30 after shipping using ezbuy. Not that cheap either lol. Easier to get from Amazon for $38 if it deliver directly the keyboard to ur hse.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT
The only reason I went for Amazon is because I was also eyeing cases that were not available in Q10, Lazada, etc.

It's not the click type. Typing is ok for me, gets the job done. Yes, backlight may be switched off. Weight is 380grams with case. The keyboard has its own case/flap that also folds into a stand - were the tablet leans on. The keyboard is also attached magnetically to the case/flap. Correction, it only has 5 colors with 3 adjustable brightness levels. And no, that's not a Book Cover. That's a Spigen case, one of the few cases that's only available at Amazon (at that time). A few pages back I posted photos of the case I have. Better protection IMO, it has full top and bottom side protection. I carry both separately. Only carrying the keyboard when I know I need it.

If $38, just get it from local shop. Also around same price.
Also backlit? Because I was looking for one locally but all are not backlit. Maybe you can share the shop name here so that the others have the option to buy one locally.
Old 13-08-2019, 01:29 PM   #476
Supremacy Member

This is a rather harsh review of the TabS5e... any user here concurs with the points raised?

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gal...eview-1962.php
Old 13-08-2019, 01:32 PM   #477
Supremacy Member

The only reason I went for Amazon is because I was also eyeing cases that were not available in Q10, Lazada, etc.

It's not the click type. Typing is ok for me, gets the job done. Yes, backlight may be switched off. Weight is 380grams with case. The keyboard has its own case/flap that also folds into a stand - were the tablet leans on. The keyboard is also attached magnetically to the case/flap. Correction, it only has 5 colors with 3 adjustable brightness levels. And no, that's not a Book Cover. That's a Spigen case, one of the few cases that's only available at Amazon (at that time). A few pages back I posted photos of the case I have. Better protection IMO, it has full top and bottom side protection. I carry both separately. Only carrying the keyboard when I know I need it.

Also backlit? Because I was looking for one locally but all are not backlit. Maybe you can share the shop name here so that the others have the option to buy one locally.
Hmmm... so I see that the keyboard is almost the weight of the tablet. I wonder how this compares to the Samsung keyboard which can be attached to the tablet and become one device... actually I also don't mind a separate keyboard... less cumbersome to deal with I suppose... still weighing the pros and cons, and pricing... sigh...
Old 13-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #478
mun

This is a rather harsh review of the TabS5e... any user here concurs with the points raised?

ouch.. but totally agreed with the review, which mine is used as entertainment device instead of gaming or productivity device
mun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 11:54 AM   #479

Yep, read this review. The reviewer doesn't know split screen on normal table mode (no Dex). I normally split open 2 screens, Chrome and Netflix and the device works well, no speed issues.
Old 14-08-2019, 11:56 AM   #480

Hmmm... so I see that the keyboard is almost the weight of the tablet. I wonder how this compares to the Samsung keyboard which can be attached to the tablet and become one device... actually I also don't mind a separate keyboard... less cumbersome to deal with I suppose... still weighing the pros and cons, and pricing... sigh...
The price itself of the 3rd party keyboard should sway you in getting one! Huge savings! Plus the ability to pair on your future devices (and other devices) is also a plus!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.