HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2020, 12:49 PM   #736

Wow, quite a good deal
Thanks! Dont really like the keyboard though, the @ key seems to be " instead? No idea why
zzzkelvinzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:04 PM   #737
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks! Dont really like the keyboard though, the @ key seems to be " instead? No idea why
Change the keyboard in Android settings to English (us) instead of English (uk)
Tony.Manero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:54 AM   #738

Hi All,

May I know the manufacturing date of your Samsung Tab S6? Bought my set 2 weeks ago. Manufacturing date was listed as Sep'19. Is it possible that my set is a brand new set from Samsung official shop?
echo_lalaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:00 AM   #739
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi All,

May I know the manufacturing date of your Samsung Tab S6? Bought my set 2 weeks ago. Manufacturing date was listed as Sep'19. Is it possible that my set is a brand new set from Samsung official shop?
Itís possible. Sales for Tab S6 not that high so probably is stocks from last year.
If itís sealed when you bought it then itís new. Otherwise no
Old 03-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #740
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi All,

The manufacturing date is more to identify the batch that this device belongs to. It has nothing to do with it being used. If you buy it from a reputable store, item should be new and sealed. Warranty will be in accordance to the date on the proof of purchase.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 02:47 PM   #741
Supremacy Member

The manufacturing date is more to identify the batch that this device belongs to. It has nothing to do with it being used. If you buy it from a reputable store, item should be new and sealed. Warranty will be in accordance to the date on the proof of purchase.
Any good deals?
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #742
High Supremacy Member

So many posts nobody discussing or sharing how they are using this for productivity purpose?

As in, fully making use of the keyboard / desktop mode or using the pen for illustration?

Though I admit it is hard to find good vector illustration apps, which I am still looking out for.

As for keyboard, really useful for learning coding. Having a physical keyboard is not just better, viewing is more convenient in the sense that most of the UI is not blocked away by the onscreen keyboard.

Just sucks the fact that because Google gave up on the tablet aspect, many developers are not motivated to churn out tablet-friendly apps. So most of the apps, when opened, they are in portrait mode.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #743
Great Supremacy Member

Just sucks the fact that because Google gave up on the tablet aspect, many developers are not motivated to churn out tablet-friendly apps. So most of the apps, when opened, they are in portrait mode.
Yes really crap, most apps in playstore will say not optimised for your device. The most laughable thing is even Samsung keyboard dun work on my samsung tablet.
fortunecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #744
Arch-Supremacy Member

So many posts nobody discussing or sharing how they are using this for productivity purpose?

As in, fully making use of the keyboard / desktop mode or using the pen for illustration?

Though I admit it is hard to find good vector illustration apps, which I am still looking out for.

As for keyboard, really useful for learning coding. Having a physical keyboard is not just better, viewing is more convenient in the sense that most of the UI is not blocked away by the onscreen keyboard.

There are programs such as linux on DeX, termux which allows you to run a linux desktop and hence firefox libreoffice Thunderbird lightning gimp. Enough to turn it into a productivity machine?

Revert back to android when you need to use it as a tablet to consume media or play games.

You can ditch your laptop already.

if you're like me, not very technical, pass it to someone who is to help you install.

Last edited by Tony.Manero; 03-03-2020 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #745
High Supremacy Member

There are programs such as linux on DeX, termux which allows you to run a linux desktop and hence firefox libreoffice Thunderbird lightning gimp. Enough to turn it into a productivity machine?

Revert back to android when you need to use it as a tablet to consume media or play games.

You can ditch your laptop already.

if you're like me, not very technical, pass it to someone who is to help you install.
Wah your terminology very cheem.
I am wondering what else is it useful besides doing Microsoft Office stuff.

If say, taking notes for students, a low end tablet is enough, no need one that needs a physical keyboard.

I for one cannot ditch my laptop yet because I still need it to do Adobe stuff like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign etc.

Not even Surface Pro can achieve doing those yet =/

And of course, play games like Maplestory =(
Old 03-03-2020, 07:19 PM   #746

Wah your terminology very cheem.
I am wondering what else is it useful besides doing Microsoft Office stuff.

If say, taking notes for students, a low end tablet is enough, no need one that needs a physical keyboard.

I for one cannot ditch my laptop yet because I still need it to do Adobe stuff like Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign etc.

Not even Surface Pro can achieve doing those yet =/

And of course, play games like Maplestory =(
Haha funny read Sia u guys
callmeaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #747

Currently have the 6gb 128gb version and loving the functionality. Used 45gb of storage thus far, have not experienced any lag issues. Planning to get the original samsung keyboard soon. Do you guys think it's necessary upgrading to the 8gb 256gb model before I buy and stick on the keyboard? Not concerned about the storage but rather fluidity. Not sure if that additional 2gb ram does make any difference?
Old 15-03-2020, 02:12 PM   #748
Arch-Supremacy Member

Currently have the 6gb 128gb version and loving the functionality. Used 45gb of storage thus far, have not experienced any lag issues. Planning to get the original samsung keyboard soon. Do you guys think it's necessary upgrading to the 8gb 256gb model before I buy and stick on the keyboard? Not concerned about the storage but rather fluidity. Not sure if that additional 2gb ram does make any difference?
Don't think it matters. Sell and buy again sure incur losses
Old 15-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #749
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just do it
128 GB not enough one 256 GB minimum
Old 15-03-2020, 03:01 PM   #750
Arch-Supremacy Member

It is not necessary to upgrade. The space constraints on the 128GB version can be alleviated with a cheap and fast 256GB micro SD card. As for the additional 2GB, it is unlikely you will experience a difference between the 2 even when you game. Its more for multi-tasking, and I really mean a lot of multi-tasking. Even a memory hog like Windows 10 with like 5 to 6 apps running don't take up 6GB of ram. Mobile apps are smaller in size and mobile OS should be more efficient with RAM usage.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.