HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2020, 10:00 AM   #781
evq
Arch-Supremacy Member

I would say just go for it..it's really an amazing tablet.

But I think Tab S7 is coming in a few months time, so maybe u should wait to get S7 or the S6 (if price drops)

CheerS!!!
True, s7 coming. Maybe I just wait. Thanks
evq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 04:22 PM   #782
Arch-Supremacy Member

I thought battery going flat after a few days standby is very good already..lol

CheerS!!!
I don't know if the reviewers are using a LTE version or not. But if it is just Wifi only, this is very poor battery life. I've left my devices on standby and connected to WIFI all the time, and I have never seen them quit on me even after a week. Sure there will be some level of battery drain, but not to this extent.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 07:32 PM   #783
Great Supremacy Member

Wow, new ipad pro just released a superb keyboard cover with trackpad. Samsung pls buck up and redesign the failed keyboard cover
fortunecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 10:11 PM   #784
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow, new ipad pro just released a superb keyboard cover with trackpad. Samsung pls buck up and redesign the failed keyboard cover
You need to consider that the price is more than 2x for the new keyboard cover. The cheapest Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11 is 439 bucks and 519 for the 12.9 inch version. The cost of the 12.9 inch keyboard cover is about half the cost of the basic Tab S6 with WIFI only.
Old 23-03-2020, 10:22 PM   #785
Supremacy Member

Yup. I think different segment la. Samsung is for those value for $$ and loves to DIY and install apk kind.

IOS is for those atas.
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 12:26 AM   #786
Great Supremacy Member

You need to consider that the price is more than 2x for the new keyboard cover. The cheapest Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 11 is 439 bucks and 519 for the 12.9 inch version. The cost of the 12.9 inch keyboard cover is about half the cost of the basic Tab S6 with WIFI only.
No matter what, there should be a lot of ways to improve the crappy and unreliable stick (or vacuumed?) to the back cover. Also, Apple sold at this price probably because it's well, Apple.
fortunecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #787
Arch-Supremacy Member

No matter what, there should be a lot of ways to improve the crappy and unreliable stick (or vacuumed?) to the back cover. Also, Apple sold at this price probably because it's well, Apple.
Because Apple knows their customers, mostly affluent or business users will buy it. Which is why they can get away with a 999 USD monitor stand.
Old 26-03-2020, 04:13 PM   #788
High Supremacy Member

I like the fact they are able to magnetically stick the S-Pen to the back of the body, coupled with the back flap to prevent it from falling out unknowingly.

I lost my M-Pen Lite last night. Eff my life. Will need to spend $68 to buy a new one when I get my pay next week -___-
Old 26-03-2020, 07:23 PM   #789
Arch-Supremacy Member

Lost as in drop unknowingly?

I like the fact they are able to magnetically stick the S-Pen to the back of the body, coupled with the back flap to prevent it from falling out unknowingly.

I lost my M-Pen Lite last night. Eff my life. Will need to spend $68 to buy a new one when I get my pay next week -___-
Old 27-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #790
High Supremacy Member

Lost as in drop unknowingly?
Yah. My fault actually. When I left office i noticed it was sticking magnetically at the side of my tablet, but knowing it will drop if I move the tablet with significant force (i.e. if I have to run for a bus or something) it will drop, instead of putting it into my bag, I lazily slotted it into my jeans pocket.

Probably dropped on the bus when I propped my legs up against the back of the seat in front of me.

If only there is an add-on accessory like an attaching pocket to my keyboard case or something
Old 27-03-2020, 02:42 PM   #791

My singtel plan can recontract in 1st april, so i plan to recontract and get the Samsung tab s6.

I want to use it for work, abit on microsoft outlook, words and excel.

same time i want to buy a keyboard cover. any advice on this?
i saw the samsung keyboard cover is around $200. any cheaper than this?
if cheaper also i scared very troublesome to connect with the tablet

same time i also want to buy a waterproof bag so i can bring along my tablet wherever i go.
maybe the timbuk2 classic messenger bag would be good?

anyways this my first time posting in this forum

Last edited by Azry88; 27-03-2020 at 02:46 PM..
Azry88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 08:38 PM   #792
Master Member

My singtel plan can recontract in 1st april, so i plan to recontract and get the Samsung tab s6.

same time i also want to buy a waterproof bag so i can bring along my tablet wherever i go.

Yes..the Samsung keyboard is expensive.
You should really consider 3rd party brands.

I'm currently using BOW bluetooth folding keyboard. Serves me really well. I have only charged it twice in about 5 months. I would say my usage of it is medium. Battery life is surprisingly good for this unknown brand.

Do a search on the TaoB website and you should be able to find it. I think I bought mine for about S$35 or S$40.

CheerS!!!
GhostZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #793
Arch-Supremacy Member

Consider if you will be typing a lot on the go on a physical keyboard or will the touchscreen keyboard be sufficient. Personally I feel not many people will actually use a physical keyboard on the go. Its just there as a good to have accessory, in case you want to type.
Old 29-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #794
Supremacy Member

Yah. My fault actually. When I left office i noticed it was sticking magnetically at the side of my tablet, but knowing it will drop if I move the tablet with significant force (i.e. if I have to run for a bus or something) it will drop, instead of putting it into my bag, I lazily slotted it into my jeans pocket.

Probably dropped on the bus when I propped my legs up against the back of the seat in front of me.

If only there is an add-on accessory like an attaching pocket to my keyboard case or something
Bro, did you buy the M-pen Lite from Huawei or online?
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2020, 02:28 PM   #795
Supremacy Member

Agree with GhostZM... the Samsung keyboard is really very expensive... not worth it... there are many other cheaper and just as good keyboards on the market... as long as it is connected via bluetooth, should not have any issues... you can even get keyboards with a small trackpad if that is what you need...

Some links to help you:
https://mynexttablet.com/samsung-gal...-alternatives/

https://www.amazon.sg/Fintie-Keyboar...32294522&psc=1

https://www.techdoze.net/best-samsun...keyboard-case/

This one got trackpad:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3278...ad5ff12e818b-0

Last edited by Teo Ming Ern; 29-03-2020 at 02:53 PM..
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.