Surface Pro (5)

CYBob5

Reaction score
Just got a new Surface Pro but when I charge the laptop I always encounter plugged in but not charging when the lights of the charger is working when plugged in...

ineser

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got a new Surface Pro but when I charge the laptop I always encounter plugged in but not charging when the lights of the charger is working when plugged in...

Happen to mine yesterday. Gotta adjust until it charges

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 6P

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for your surface pro to charge ah?

I'm having this issue where it's indicating a wrong time left to charge. For example 50% and plug in, it will say 20 mins left to full. 30 mins later it will be about 75% and show 10 mins left to full.

Like it's also showing a lower than the actual time left to charge, but it does charge up fine.

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyways to directly send them screenshots or something? Keep going to the live chat, and live chat always give you the waste of time troubleshooting stuffs like talking to a tech nerd. Restart, update drivers, beat around the bush but can't help much.

Battery life itself is still ok, but the charge time estimate is screwed.

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyways to directly send them screenshots or something? Keep going to the live chat, and live chat always give you the waste of time troubleshooting stuffs like talking to a tech nerd. Restart, update drivers, beat around the bush but can't help much.

Battery life itself is still ok, but the charge time estimate is screwed.

Battery life is not okay. It can only last abt 3.5 hrs using MS Word alone. Pathetic right?

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for your surface pro to charge ah?

I'm having this issue where it's indicating a wrong time left to charge. For example 50% and plug in, it will say 20 mins left to full. 30 mins later it will be about 75% and show 10 mins left to full.

Like it's also showing a lower than the actual time left to charge, but it does charge up fine.

I have the same problem too.
Can we collectively ask for refund?

charleslin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Battery life is not okay. It can only last abt 3.5 hrs using MS Word alone. Pathetic right?

Huh? Yours so bad ah? Mine is ok, maybe can last 5-6 hours of normal usage with a bit of music, not gaming or photoshop.

I have the same problem too.
Can we collectively ask for refund?

You also have the same issue? But it still charges up fine right? Just the time indicator cock up. Cause when I just got it, it's fine le, it shows like 1 hour 30 mins to full charge. Now only show 30 mins or 40 mins at most, but I know it will be longer than that.

PowerBB

Master Member
Reaction score
Huh? Yours so bad ah? Mine is ok, maybe can last 5-6 hours of normal usage with a bit of music, not gaming or photoshop.

You also have the same issue? But it still charges up fine right? Just the time indicator cock up. Cause when I just got it, it's fine le, it shows like 1 hour 30 mins to full charge. Now only show 30 mins or 40 mins at most, but I know it will be longer than that.

Yes, it can still be charged full normally. Just only the indicator not accurate.
My main concern is still the battery life.

evq

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my type kb died on me recently. bought in Sep 2017. Luckily got extended warranty from HN, so got a one-to-one replacement.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.