D-Aced

Reaction score
Song song I received the sleeve lol.
Actually.. don't really need it 1 I think

haha simi sleeve sia?

ask u ah.

between
surface 3 (free kb) - $821
Samsung Tab A 9.7 - $324 (black friday ship from US)
Samsung Tab E $198
Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 - 83% discount

which 1 better?

twasken

Reaction score
haha simi sleeve sia?

ask u ah.

between
Samsung Tab E $198

which 1 better?

Just be wary when buying from US - the base model in the US doesn't ship with S-pen (weird, I know).

A few local shops selling Tab A 9.7 LTE at S$420 BNIB.

Of course, if budget allows, go Surface 3/Surface Pro 4. Multi-tasking on Windows still no horse run, mobile OS just too meh for that.

D-Aced

Reaction score
Just be wary when buying from US - the base model in the US doesn't ship with S-pen (weird, I know).

A few local shops selling Tab A 9.7 LTE at S$420 BNIB.

Of course, if budget allows, go Surface 3/Surface Pro 4. Multi-tasking on Windows still no horse run, mobile OS just too meh for that.

wa thanks for warning. i didnt know about that sia.

i really wanted a surface 3 but i hate windows 8 a lot. the ppl in forums are saying that surface 3 upgrade to windows 10 will be rly crappy :(

Rickosw

Reaction score
Wa go event can get free sleeve? Lol. My surface pro 4 sleeve supposed to come to me today. Not sure where is the ninja delivery guy

yeah, they gave out the surface sleeve at the surface 4 launch event, and also a luggage weighing device !! - that is really the most unsual freebie, i have ever received! but it is very very useful !!!

Bloo-Cheese

Reaction score
i'm using a lenovo yoga tablet 2 windows for school work and it works really well for me.

It runs on windows 10 (after upgrading) so the desktop version of google drive can be installed to auto sync all my files so that i have the latest copies on both my tablet and my home laptop. It comes with a detachable keyboard and has expandable sd card slot for more storage. It's a poor man's MS surface.

Downsides are its lagginess at times (overall still great usability) and high RRP ($699). Pick up a cheaper used one from carousell.

Jurchen King

Master Member
Reaction score
The best value is still Samsung's Note 10.1 2014. Provided you're still able to find it on the market.

What's the best thing about it? No upgrade to Lollipop or other battery draining, memory leaking, lagging OS version. Stable solid KitKat forever.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha simi sleeve sia?

ask u ah.

between
Samsung Tab E $198

which 1 better?

Surface 3... full windows 10 os

tspurs

Reaction score
The best value is still Samsung's Note 10.1 2014. Provided you're still able to find it on the market.

What's the best thing about it? No upgrade to Lollipop or other battery draining, memory leaking, lagging OS version. Stable solid KitKat forever.
Haha Lollipop is out for Europe.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, they gave out the surface sleeve at the surface 4 launch event, and also a luggage weighing device !! - that is really the most unsual freebie, i have ever received! but it is very very useful !!!

Wa luggage weighing device. I need la siol

rookie121

Reaction score
Sorry to dig out this old post. Just saw it.

Today 2 year later, is there any new updates for the hardware & softwares ?

Thank you.

Saionji

Reaction score
I am using tab A 10.1 (2016) currently with a Bluetooth keyboard case.

Pros:
S Pen
Good enough screen
Cheap

Cons:
Can't do presentation

If you just wanna look at notes/pdf files and want it to be light and cheap this can be one tablet to look at, else I guess up your budget and get the surface. With the s pen u can write directly on the files instead of taking notes on another piece of paper

rookie121

Reaction score
Just wondering, what students are using today.
Any better hardware / software combination available in market since this discussion thread started 2 years ago.

I am using tab A 10.1 (2016) currently with a Bluetooth keyboard case.

Pros:
S Pen
Good enough screen
Cheap

Cons:
Can't do presentation

If you just wanna look at notes/pdf files and want it to be light and cheap this can be one tablet to look at, else I guess up your budget and get the surface. With the s pen u can write directly on the files instead of taking notes on another piece of paper

ok, Noted. Thank you

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.