HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi MIPAD 4

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2018, 08:27 AM   #271
Supremacy Member

Yeah don't really matter much. Tried taking some pics and it's quite decent. Better than the average tablet camera.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT
Nice bro... yours is the Wifi version right? I'm still casting around for an 8.0 inch replacement for my Sony Xperia Tablet Z 10.1 inch... saw someone else suggest Huawei Mediapad M5... a bit torn... hahaha... pricing probably comes out tops in the end...

What's your experience with the MiPad 4 so far? I got a bit scared with Xiaomi stuff when I got the first Redmi and played with it, and found that it has compatibility issues on Google Playstore... that was using a China ROM, got the phone from one of those shops in SLS... Huawei uses their Kirin SoC.. heard also got compatibility issues with some apps in the Google Playstore... really don't want to spend double or more for a Samsung...
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:36 AM   #272
Supremacy Member

Nice bro... yours is the Wifi version right? I'm still casting around for an 8.0 inch replacement for my Sony Xperia Tablet Z 10.1 inch... saw someone else suggest Huawei Mediapad M5... a bit torn... hahaha... pricing probably comes out tops in the end...

What's your experience with the MiPad 4 so far? I got a bit scared with Xiaomi stuff when I got the first Redmi and played with it, and found that it has compatibility issues on Google Playstore... that was using a China ROM, got the phone from one of those shops in SLS... Huawei uses their Kirin SoC.. heard also got compatibility issues with some apps in the Google Playstore... really don't want to spend double or more for a Samsung...
Yep mine is wifi only. I was looking at the m5 too but if I'm paying that much for a tablet, might as well get an iPad

Yes mine on China rom have some compatibility issues with apps like PUBG Mobile. I had to sideload the apk because it won't install from the play store(some error during download). Have to wait for global rom(if there is one in the future). I'm still waiting for my unlock permission because I've unlocked my Redmi Note 5 Pro recently and there's this 30 days cool down period.

Audiology93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #273
Supremacy Member

Yep mine is wifi only. I was looking at the m5 too but if I'm paying that much for a tablet, might as well get an iPad

Yes mine on China rom have some compatibility issues with apps like PUBG Mobile. I had to sideload the apk because it won't install from the play store(some error during download). Have to wait for global rom(if there is one in the future). I'm still waiting for my unlock permission because I've unlocked my Redmi Note 5 Pro recently and there's this 30 days cool down period.

Ah... I see... so the app was available to download, but it refused to download is it? This is exactly like those China tablets that I used to buy and got super frustrated by cos either this happened, or the apps would say that the device I was using is not listed and hence the app is not compatible with the device...

Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about - this unlock permission thing... what does it do? And why do you need to unlock? Are you talking about unlocking the bootloader?
Old 03-08-2018, 10:19 AM   #274

I kinda doubt there will be global rom.. so far no news of it being officially released to other countries..

I think gotta wait for custom roms instead
Gadgetry.SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #275
Supremacy Member

Ah... I see... so the app was available to download, but it refused to download is it? This is exactly like those China tablets that I used to buy and got super frustrated by cos either this happened, or the apps would say that the device I was using is not listed and hence the app is not compatible with the device...

Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about - this unlock permission thing... what does it do? And why do you need to unlock? Are you talking about unlocking the bootloader?
Yeah can see the app, can press install but download halfway will have error. Unlocking bootloader is to flash it to global rom in the future.

I kinda doubt there will be global rom.. so far no news of it being officially released to other countries..

Hahaha I would flash to lineage if there is 1 available.

Audiology93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #276

So meaning if I buy from anywhere still will have problem on downloading ?
starcaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #277
Supremacy Member

Yeah can see the app, can press install but download halfway will have error. Unlocking bootloader is to flash it to global rom in the future.

Hahaha I would flash to lineage if there is 1 available.

Yeah I have been seeing mention of custom ROMs... my only concern is if these ROMs are stable and the full functionality of the tablet is possible? I'm not quite interested in flashing new ROMs... don't mind using the China ROM cos there's English... just concerned about the apps...

I went on the MIUI forum and the review there mentioned the use of PUBG, there was no mention of any downloading errors though... the user is from Philippines... sometimes updating the Google Playstore or ROM helped... but it's not always the case... just a bit worried lar... don't want to buy and then can't really use the app that I need...
Old 03-08-2018, 11:37 AM   #278

Google services are lacking permission. You may want to go into Setting and go the Permission. Look for the few googles app and give them more permission. I dun know which one worked. I just give them all permission.

Yeah can see the app, can press install but download halfway will have error.
Slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:02 PM   #279
Arch-Supremacy Member

If remember correctly, Mi PAD 3 also no Global rom?
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #280
High Supremacy Member

One more day to unlocking my tablet. After that I'll try to flash GSI. This tablet is treble supported.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www....le-device/amp/
|||||||||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #281

My mi pad 4 LTE version can't seem to work with the starhuh sim card. Anyone got theirs to work? Can't use the 4g nor receive sms otp
enikelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #282

http://en.miui.com/thread-3099132-1-1.html

Maybe this posting explained the issue with downloading problem. Read the last part of the posting.

I went on the MIUI forum and the review there mentioned the use of PUBG, there was no mention of any downloading errors though... the user is from Philippines... sometimes updating the Google Playstore or ROM helped... but it's not always the case... just a bit worried lar... don't want to buy and then can't really use the app that I need...
Slowdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #283
Supremacy Member

My mi pad 4 LTE version can't seem to work with the starhuh sim card. Anyone got theirs to work? Can't use the 4g nor receive sms otp
I think only can use internet, cannot make calls... that's what I read from the MIUI forums...
Old 03-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #284
Supremacy Member

http://en.miui.com/thread-3099132-1-1.html

Maybe this posting explained the issue with downloading problem. Read the last part of the posting.
I've read that... but I haven't pull the trigger... cos just concerned about this aspect...
Old 03-08-2018, 03:30 PM   #285
Supremacy Member

If remember correctly, Mi PAD 3 also no Global rom?
Yeah lor... I also think won't have Global ROM... unless demand for this tablet shoots through the roof... and Xiaomi is seeing lots of 'unauthorized' exports of their China ROM versions... then maybe, they may decide to make a Global ROM for this tablet...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.