HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi MIPAD 4

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #286

Bought the black color from taobao using ezbuy buyforme, free agent fee. Free screen protector included.

Received smart cover this evening, 2 weeks after placing order. Fitted nicely, came with screen protector (not tempered glass) but I didn't use it as I like the matte screen protector pasted by the manufacturer. Doesn't add much weight to the tablet.

laironpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:04 PM   #287
Arch-Supremacy Member

seen any case that direct the sound to the front?
allanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #288
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah lor... I also think won't have Global ROM... unless demand for this tablet shoots through the roof... and Xiaomi is seeing lots of 'unauthorized' exports of their China ROM versions... then maybe, they may decide to make a Global ROM for this tablet...
Well u can make that wish. But it's gonna be a long while.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:42 PM   #289
Supremacy Member

http://en.miui.com/thread-3099132-1-1.html

Maybe this posting explained the issue with downloading problem. Read the last part of the posting.
I'll give it a try later on. Thanks.
Received smart cover this evening, 2 weeks after placing order. Fitted nicely, came with screen protector (not tempered glass) but I didn't use it as I like the matte screen protector pasted by the manufacturer. Doesn't add much weight to the tablet.

The default protector is lousy. It reduces the clarity and brightness of the display. Took it off the moment my tempered glass came.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT
Audiology93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 12:28 AM   #290
High Supremacy Member

|||||||||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #291
Arch-Supremacy Member

Next best choice.. but new seller so..

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX using GAGT
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #292
Supremacy Member

Nice bro! Can clarify what the weight is? Cos I notice that these types of covers tend to double the weight... I bought a Poetic Slim case for my Xperia Tablet Z and it was almost as heavy as the tablet... so thought to find out the weight first...

Smart cover = will wake the tablet from sleep when you open the cover and put the tablet to sleep when you close it? Is this an original Xiaomi MiPad 4 cover?

Thanks!
Teo Ming Ern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #293

Same here, tried both M1 and Singtel with volte activated also cannot.

My mi pad 4 LTE version can't seem to work with the starhuh sim card. Anyone got theirs to work? Can't use the 4g nor receive sms otp
Kelvin0217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #294
Arch-Supremacy Member

Same here, tried both M1 and Singtel with volte activated also cannot.
Can't utilize the 4g data? Which means the LTE version is practically useless over here. But the LTE bands are supported.. so that shouldn't be the case

Last edited by Just Me; 04-08-2018 at 02:01 PM..
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #295
Arch-Supremacy Member

Check the apn or reregister the sim card with network search.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #296

Nice bro! Can clarify what the weight is? Cos I notice that these types of covers tend to double the weight... I bought a Poetic Slim case for my Xperia Tablet Z and it was almost as heavy as the tablet... so thought to find out the weight first...

Smart cover = will wake the tablet from sleep when you open the cover and put the tablet to sleep when you close it? Is this an original Xiaomi MiPad 4 cover?

Thanks!

Hi,

The weight is about 120grams.

Yes, it has smart cover function. But you have to enable the smart cover mode first (Settings>Lock screen & password>Advanced settings>Smart cover mode)

No it is not original Mi Pad 4 cover.
laironpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:29 PM   #297

Sorry, using 4G is not a problem. It just that I not able to get the phone function to work by following the method given in the miui forum in China.

Can't utilize the 4g data? Which means the LTE version is practically useless over here. But the LTE bands are supported.. so that shouldn't be the case

Kelvin0217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #298

Sorry, using 4G is not a problem. It just that I not able to get the phone function to work by following the method given in the miui forum in China.
Oh, means ur 4G mobile data can work? how abt sms? The 3rd party dialer eg wechat dialer app doesn't work even with ur VoLTE enabled sim?
hotpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:15 PM   #299
Supremacy Member

Hi,

The weight is about 120grams.

Yes, it has smart cover function. But you have to enable the smart cover mode first (Settings>Lock screen & password>Advanced settings>Smart cover mode)

No it is not original Mi Pad 4 cover.
Thanks bro for the quick reply... good to hear that it's only 120 g...
Old 04-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #300
Supremacy Member

Ah so you mean surfing the internet is not a problem but making a standard phone call through the GSM network is a problem lar...

You mentioned that VoLTE is enabled - do you mean for the SIM card or do you mean for the tablet? If VoLTE is enabled for the tablet then it looks like the tablet supports voice calls through the GSM network and not VoIP...

Can we assume that calls through Messenger, Skype, Whatsapp, Viber etc all work?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.