HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Xiaomi MIPAD 4

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #871

Need help from the pros here.

My colleague just bought the MiPad 4 Plus from Finer, and opted to install Google play store. When he ran Google Play, it couldn't load (kept getting Server Busy).

Now he tried reinstalling Google Play Store but it keeps hanging at Step 3, where it tries to install Google Play Services (it will try to install, then say App not installed, and the progress will be stuck at 75%).

Have tried both the link shared earlier (http://en.miui.com/thread-3099132-1-1.html) and the Redmi pro link shared by Finer.

Can anyone advise?

Last edited by SaitouSad; 05-11-2018 at 05:07 PM..
SaitouSad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:10 PM   #872
Arch-Supremacy Member

Need help from the pros here.

My colleague just bought the MiPad 4 Plus from Finer, and opted to install Google play store. When he ran Google Play, it couldn't load (kept getting Server Busy).

Now he tried reinstalling Google Play Store but it keeps hanging at Step 3, where it tries to install Google Play Services (it will try to install, then say App not installed, and the progress will be stuck at 75%).

Have tried both the link shared earlier (http://en.miui.com/thread-3099132-1-1.html) and the Redmi pro link shared by Finer.

Can anyone advise?
Did he use the Google installer listed here?

http://en.miui.com/thread-3099132-1-1.html

Just run it and make sure all the modules are done before attempting to launch Google to sign in. The process is automated. I use this with my mipad 4 with zero issues. Try to enable all permissions first

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:27 PM   #873

Did he use the Google installer listed here?

http://en.miui.com/thread-3099132-1-1.html

Just run it and make sure all the modules are done before attempting to launch Google to sign in. The process is automated. I use this with my mipad 4 with zero issues. Try to enable all permissions first

Yeah, we're trying to install it using this installer.

It reaches step 3, where it tries to install Google Play Services, asks if we want to install an update to the existing application. Clicking install leads to "App not installed" and the installer cannot finish installing.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:34 PM   #874
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah, we're trying to install it using this installer.

It reaches step 3, where it tries to install Google Play Services, asks if we want to install an update to the existing application. Clicking install leads to "App not installed" and the installer cannot finish installing.
Did your colleague opt for Google play installation when ordering? App not installed means the installer is trying to overwrite a module which was already installed and failed because the signatures does not match and can't be overwritten. I would suggest going to recovery and wipe device and cache so that it will start afresh. You should be able to install it this time.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:46 PM   #875

Did your colleague opt for Google play installation when ordering? App not installed means the installer is trying to overwrite a module which was already installed and failed because the signatures does not match and can't be overwritten. I would suggest going to recovery and wipe device and cache so that it will start afresh. You should be able to install it this time.

Thanks for being patient with me.
I managed to successfully reinstall it (turns out i had to uninstall the Google Play Service and let the installer run again and it worked).

Problem now though is that Google Play Store keeps giving the Server Busy page. So we're back to square one
Old 05-11-2018, 05:56 PM   #876
Supremacy Member

i jus bought a mi pad 4, china rom version. only upd the playstore, but my clock and calendar app cant be open. u all know why?
Old 05-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #877
Arch-Supremacy Member

I managed to successfully reinstall it (turns out i had to uninstall the Google Play Service and let the installer run again and it worked).

Problem now though is that Google Play Store keeps giving the Server Busy page. So we're back to square one
That's why I suggest restoring to factory default. Because if everything is done properly there won't be the server busy error

Old 05-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #878

after install try sign out yr Google account den straight open Google play and sign in there ..

Sent from Xiaomi MI PAD 4 using GAGT
kottty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #879

Does the Mipad lags after few months of use?
SkyNet_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #880
Supremacy Member

Does the Mipad lags after few months of use?
Mine is 3 months old, no lag.

Sent from Google PIXEL XL using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #881
Arch-Supremacy Member

Tablets don't get updates in models so frequently like phones. So I assume most will keep using it for at least 2 years. The slowdowns only occur after that

Old 07-11-2018, 01:11 PM   #882

That's why I suggest restoring to factory default. Because if everything is done properly there won't be the server busy error

Did u go to permission section to give all rights for the Google services, play store etc?
osmond19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:15 AM   #883
Arch-Supremacy Member

Miui 10 is out.
allanzzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:10 AM   #884
Arch-Supremacy Member

Miui 10 is out.
where? It is not listed on the CN Xiaomi forums for Mi Pad 4
gerald27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #885

where? It is not listed on the CN Xiaomi forums for Mi Pad 4
ota update

Sent from Xiaomi MI PAD 4 using GAGT
allanzzz likes this.
kottty is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.