Xiaomi MIPAD 4

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 16gb mipad 1 just died on me this morning. I was using regularly de, watch videos on the bed before sleep. This morning I was still trying to connect to WiFi, it was struggling so I shutdown. I tried to turn on again no reaction liao. Connect USB cable no power light indicating charging too... :(
So I guess I have to quickly make alternative plans. Mipad4 I suppose should be a huge upgrade from mipad 1?

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 16gb mipad 1 just died on me this morning. I was using regularly de, watch videos on the bed before sleep. This morning I was still trying to connect to WiFi, it was struggling so I shutdown. I tried to turn on again no reaction liao. Connect USB cable no power light indicating charging too... :(
So I guess I have to quickly make alternative plans. Mipad4 I suppose should be a huge upgrade from mipad 1?

Of course. Can't fight la bro

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Mipad 1st gen? Must be >5 yrs old. Last so long already more than your money's worth

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course. Can't fight la bro
Mipad 1st gen? Must be >5 yrs old. Last so long already more than your money's worth

Haha I think my set was freebie or what so it's local set even sia.

I was searching on qoo10 and lazada, cheapest I can get for 32gb set is about s$250?

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha I think my set was freebie or what so it's local set even sia.

I was searching on qoo10 and lazada, cheapest I can get for 32gb set is about s$250?

You mean non LTE set 3/32 model? Cheapest is newstar at 195 but I think its unsealed with Google services already preinstalled. Next option will be finer can opt for sealed and untouched but costs slightly more

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You mean non LTE set 3/32 model? Cheapest is newstar at 195 but I think its unsealed with Google services already preinstalled. Next option will be finer can opt for sealed and untouched but costs slightly more

Thanks. Strange, same newstar but their quote price is more expensive in lazada wor. Sian I have coupon in lazada but not qoo10...
Tempted sia. But honestly I need a tablet for watching videos no need HD, barely any gaming, read ebooks, light internet surfing. All these either bedside before sleep or on planes while once a blue moon overseas. So I am wondering if can find something even cheaper no need this high spec...

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Strange, same newstar but their quote price is more expensive in lazada wor. Sian I have coupon in lazada but not qoo10...
Tempted sia. But honestly I need a tablet for watching videos no need HD, barely any gaming, read ebooks, light internet surfing. All these either bedside before sleep or on planes while once a blue moon overseas. So I am wondering if can find something even cheaper no need this high spec...

This is a decent tablet. It has 3gb ram with a decent processor. Loading apps is snappy and responsive. Or you can check out the china tablets thread. Other brands like chuwi seems quite good as well

hkchew03

Reaction score
This is a decent tablet. It has 3gb ram with a decent processor. Loading apps is snappy and responsive. Or you can check out the china tablets thread. Other brands like chuwi seems quite good as well

With enough budget, forget about all other China brand. Practically no firmware update. Any snapdragon processor will be better. Had v bad experience with even Mediatek. Generally, screen also superior to many China brand tablet as well.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The mi pad 4 is definitely a good replacement for ur Mi Pad 1. Nice display and it had USB Type C.

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 using GAGT

cusvxks

Reaction score
Help i screwed my mipad

Looking for someone with twrp installed on a mipad 4 preferably 8'' lte to help me create a backup of your persistent folder

i didn't know what i was doing and wiped it while flashing a custom rom.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brought my mipad1 to sls try luck. Quoted $60 if can be repaired so I thought why not. Returned an hour later, the chap says it seems not batt problem so he may need another day to check. I see he has piles of repairs coming in. So I told him nvm I take back. No $ needed of course.

Now is whether I should bite the bullet get the mipad4. Walked ard sls shops checking price out of curiosity while waiting for repairs. The prices not cheap sia and none selling WiFi version....

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw mipad4 fans. Is there any way or apk which can convert the tablet into a laptop like Samsung tab s4 with Dex apk?
It's been a while since I last research on tablets, was woah what s4 can do... :p

hkchew03

Reaction score
Brought my mipad1 to sls try luck. Quoted $60 if can be repaired so I thought why not. Returned an hour later, the chap says it seems not batt problem so he may need another day to check. I see he has piles of repairs coming in. So I told him nvm I take back. No $ needed of course.

Now is whether I should bite the bullet get the mipad4. Walked ard sls shops checking price out of curiosity while waiting for repairs. The prices not cheap sia and none selling WiFi version....

$60 to repair Mipad 1? Better top up to $200 to get mipad 4 wifi. Having used mipad 1 and 2, 4 is superior in speed and fluidity. Day to day usage is so much smoother.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$60 to repair Mipad 1? Better top up to $200 to get mipad 4 wifi. Having used mipad 1 and 2, 4 is superior in speed and fluidity. Day to day usage is so much smoother.

Is there something that may work like Samsung Dex apk for Mipad4? To be honest I am quite amazed by that one function

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Don't buy from the shop. Order it on Qoo10. Cheaper that way.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is installing Google services as easy as said in this YouTube?
https://youtu.be/owPRgzEGnv4

Just download the apk, move it onto tablet, run it. That's it? Any glitches or possible mistakes I may encounter?

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is installing Google services as easy as said in this YouTube?
https://youtu.be/owPRgzEGnv4

Just download the apk, move it onto tablet, run it. That's it? Any glitches or possible mistakes I may encounter?

Yes. Just run the Google installer and you're done. After that u might need to go into the play store app info and enable some permissions if you encounter problems like not being able to install apps that are larger than 100mb but that's about it.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Just run the Google installer and you're done. After that u might need to go into the play store app info and enable some permissions if you encounter problems like not being able to install apps that are larger than 100mb but that's about it.

I don't usually play games on tablets, so should be fine. Few video apk, ebook apk, gapps, and few social media apk that probably all I be using for the tablet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.