HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 7

Like Tree206Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2015, 03:45 PM   #166
Arch-Supremacy Member

For XMD, go at evening or night. More activities there. You can sometimes see the push carts playing hide and seek with the health inspectors.

danshui can go after 12pm, preferably in the weekends, to enjoy the crowd and atmosphere.

There are a few streets in the TMS underground mall. Can take a lot of time to cover all of them if you're into shopping. You can find a lot of cheap shoes for the ladies. then there is a book street (towards shuanglian mrt) selling lots of books, mainly chinese of course. my kids love to hang around there.

day 2 is pretty relaxed. the wufenpu, go near evening time.

shida no more already. if ur girl is a teenager, maybe can consider gongguan nm which is near a university, so the stuff there are geared towards students. if not, ningxia nm is good, but pretty short street. i go ningxia nm for oyster egg and sesame oil kidney, liver and chicken.

taipei 101 by itself is not so fun unless u r into shopping and more shopping. it is the surrounding towards taipei city hall mrt that is interesting. i'll visit it from evening onwards. there may be street performers singing or doing breakdance. The last time I was there, I sat for 1 hr listening to an aspiring group singing many nice songs.
Actually I not interested to go Shilin or TP 101 but for the sake of going, at least see it once.

Mine is a teen so i guess Gongguan will b in my list too
Old 04-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #167
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually I not interested to go Shilin or TP 101 but for the sake of going, at least see it once.

gongguan got a lot of street food and also restaurants selling steamboat and/or bbq buffets. looks very mouth watering.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #168

Where will be a good place for me to get nice dress for work?
Old 04-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #169

Any news about Taoyuan Airport MRT will begin it's service?
Old 04-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #170
Arch-Supremacy Member

Is Beitou n Maokong worth going? Thinking if wanna squeeze into my itinerary

I think Maokong is more for hiking, m i rite?
Old 04-09-2015, 05:05 PM   #171

I find that there's nothing much to see at Maokong. Sort of a place for hiking and for tea.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #172
Supremacy Member

beitou is boring if you're not going there to soak in the hot spring. the hell valley is a waste of time lol. nothing like the ones in japan. you won't miss anything if you don't visit.

maokong is not too bad if you have extra time to spare. take the cable car up and chillax at one of the cafes to try their tea flavored ice-creams and tea. can pop by the taipei zoo at the same time as it's dirt cheap at NT60.

i personally don't find shilin that bad. perhaps the food is not as good to some as the other nm are but overall more variety of things to see.

before 101, what you can do is to alight at taipei cityhall and walk towards 101. along the way can pop in some of the malls. https://guidetotaipei.com/visit/xiny...BE%A9%E5%8D%80
Old 04-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #173
Supremacy Member

dec i think

Old 04-09-2015, 07:06 PM   #174
Supremacy Member

their zoo is rather interesting. as for maokong..

Old 04-09-2015, 07:07 PM   #175
Banned

anyone can help me? Not really into scenery

visited taiwan once (taipei, taichung, kaoshiung, cingjing, SML). Now I have another 7 days in taiwan and not sure what to do. One place I want to revisit 九份 and can I stay in keelung after that as it seems keelung nearer to Jiufeng. Last time I went jiufeng via cab and realised a train may be a good option
Old 04-09-2015, 07:38 PM   #176

dec i think
Thanks!!!!!

Last edited by Hamton; 04-09-2015 at 07:42 PM..
Old 04-09-2015, 07:41 PM   #177

their zoo is rather interesting. as for maokong..
I agree that their zoo is quite interesting, ticket is cheap and the place is huge.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #178
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone can help me? Not really into scenery

visited taiwan once (taipei, taichung, kaoshiung, cingjing, SML). Now I have another 7 days in taiwan and not sure what to do. One place I want to revisit 九份 and can I stay in keelung after that as it seems keelung nearer to Jiufeng. Last time I went jiufeng via cab and realised a train may be a good option
Yes,u can stay at keelung
Den wat u hoping to do? Shopping, makan or wat
Old 04-09-2015, 08:41 PM   #179
Banned

Yes,u can stay at keelung
Den wat u hoping to do? Shopping, makan or wat
just walk around. Like I enjoy the yu ren ma tou and that kaoshiung island very much.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #180
Arch-Supremacy Member

Supposed to be this Dec, but looks like there are still issues found after the typhoon, so it may be delayed to next year.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.