[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japan really so fun meh?

Actually yea.. :s13:

Good for shopping as well(No idea why my colleague say i'm the only one who says that)..If you research on the prices before going, really can save one..

Like my Muji diffuser stuff for example, i save about S$280 compared to Muji SG..

Food wise i'm easy..Can udon, ramen or sushi..They have Uniqlo timed sales also..The price slash is :s22:

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually yea.. :s13:

Good for shopping as well(No idea why my colleague say i'm the only one who says that)..If you research on the prices before going, really can save one..

Like my Muji diffuser stuff for example, i save about S$280 compared to Muji SG..

Food wise i'm easy..Can udon, ramen or sushi..They have Uniqlo timed sales also..The price slash is :s22:
U saved $280..but the hotel accommodation so expensive wor~

Your wife started using the pots or keep in cupboard?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U saved $280..but the hotel accommodation so expensive wor~

Your wife started using the pots or keep in cupboard?

Overall savings for all things purchase i think almost S$1k.. :s13:

It's for the new house rah which should be ready early next year..Recently i went to Robinson, the 25cm LeCreuset Oval French Oven is like S$569..My total LC hoots was like S$659 using CC..

You wan cheap hotel also have one..Is see u want or not nia(Not capsule but cheaper)..Prices for rooms are actually comparable to HK..Can do budget trip huan..See how u wana spend only..You ask summer go, he alone will spend $7k..

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jiufen is a disappoint imo. so much hype, was so disappointed when i got there. a museum, some shops selling random stuff, stairs....

the view is amazing though. but its a tourist trap, so expect traffic jams and crazy long travel time, i dont even know how to begin describing the traffic/human jam.

its just crazy, the buses to go back to taipei are always crowded so its a loooooooooooooooooooong queue.

in the end, some cab drivers were charging 300 ntd per head for a trip back to taipei, we took it with 3 other jap tourists. if you want to take cab, negotiate the price or look for those cabbies shouting their price, usually those are cheaper or share with others.

the buses to go back to rui fang station are board-able, but unless you get the express train, its a 1hr ride back to taipei. express is 35mins i believe.

think most of the peeps here don't mind the 1 hr, i too prefer the faster trains. so far for me, buses to rui fang always arrive quickly and can get a seat but crazy long wait to jiufen.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

It's for the new house rah which should be ready early next year..Recently i went to Robinson, the 25cm LeCreuset Oval French Oven is like S$569..My total LC hoots was like S$659 using CC..

You wan cheap hotel also have one..Is see u want or not nia(Not capsule but cheaper)..Prices for rooms are actually comparable to HK..Can do budget trip huan..See how u wana spend only..You ask summer go, he alone will spend $7k..

Less those pots, i think you will have a more fruitful trip.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

savings is subjective lor. if you dun buy at all, you save 100%. if you dun go japan, you save 1000%!!

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Less those pots, i think you will have a more fruitful trip.

That's her objective, those pots..

For me was the diffuser which can be easier found in Tokyo..Those shoes of mine was unexpected thou but overall, good trip..Next one concentrate Tokyo nia..At most go Hakone for 1 night stay then next day go Gotemba before Tokyo.. :s13:

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to be japan siao, but no longer. now is taiwan siao. :)

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
savings is subjective lor. if you dun buy at all, you save 100%. if you dun go japan, you save 1000%!!

Go there dun buy anything is wasted..

Trip was planned first..She already tot about the pots(Getting them locally) before i book the air tickets and then she went to research on the prices, turns out cheaper so why not since going, dont buy then end up buy in SG = negative, no savings.. :s13:

Went Takashimaya, 2 taiwanese looking at those pots also..Was listening to one friend explaining to the other about those pots and the other started browsing..

The one i miss most in Taiwan is the mala hotpot.. :s13:

Last edited:

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go there dun buy anything is wasted..

Trip was planned first..She already tot about the pots(Getting them locally) before i book the air tickets and then she went to research on the prices, turns out cheaper so why not since going, dont buy then end up buy in SG = negative, no savings.. :s13:

Went Takashimaya, 2 taiwanese looking at those pots also..Was listening to one friend explaining to the other about those pots and the other started browsing..

The one i miss most in Taiwan is the mala hotpot.. :s13:

depends on the objectives. i dun buy things when traveling. i only eat, see and take photos.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

$7k for summer is chicken feet leh.. His one month salary nia.

That time I stay hk hotel $120/night lor..so I make full use keep bathing since the weather is very hot anyway. :(

Very tempted to go Japan..dont know when can find someone to go with me.. :(:(

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on the objectives. i dun buy things when traveling. i only eat, see and take photos.

Maybe 1st trip, more to buy..

Like my first trip to TW, wife also brought many stuff..Subsequent trips, she at most buy 1-2 packs of mask, 1-2 pieces of clothing.. :s13:

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe 1st trip, more to buy..

Like my first trip to TW, wife also brought many stuff..Subsequent trips, she at most buy 1-2 packs of mask, 1-2 pieces of clothing.. :s13:

Hannor. Hannor.. My first 2 trips to Taiwan buy many facial masks. The recent trip never buy at all..

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That time I stay hk hotel $120/night lor..so I make full use keep bathing since the weather is very hot anyway. :(

Forgot how much my stay in HK was last year but at Dorsett Mongkok..Figure should be around the region of S$150/night..

My Citadines Shinjuku was about S$160/night for 2 pax..The room is big and decent size..For best cost saving, find someone to go with you, preferably summer atas sky elite 1986 :D

Last edited:

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Oi oi oi why u guys aim moi :( today sore eye.. left eye totally can't open.. 1 eye pirate typing in offpit nao :(

Whisper, let's go :s12:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.