[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alishan 2N would be good enough while Hualien 4N is overkill..Probably 2N without whale(No guarantee of seeing them)..

If wana see Sakura then mid Mar...

Nt sure if the bus from Alishan to SML is still around..

You might wana do Alishan first then SML then Taichung then travel via the train network passing by Taipei to get to Hualien..Since ur upcoming trip is going to go CJ then no point passing thru there again..But then again since u're doing Hualien this coming trip, consider going else where like down south perhaps..

Alishan to sml bus still operating.
But like you said, check again when time comes.
The ride is like 8am-1pm.
So it is a long ride out. Would rather suggest u to do alishan, back to chiayi one night, back taichung one night then sun moon lake another night.
From sun moon lake has bus back to taipei.
Safer option.
Bring parent is no joke but it is fun.
:)

Dreamy C

Reaction score
Alishan 2N would be good enough while Hualien 4N is overkill..Probably 2N without whale(No guarantee of seeing them)..

If wana see Sakura then mid Mar...

Nt sure if the bus from Alishan to SML is still around..

You might wana do Alishan first then SML then Taichung then travel via the train network passing by Taipei to get to Hualien..Since ur upcoming trip is going to go CJ then no point passing thru there again..But then again since u're doing Hualien this coming trip, consider going else where like down south perhaps..

Many thanks! I'll go do some research on transportation when I'm back. As for Hualien, 1 day Taroko Gorge, 1 day East Coast etc., 1 day Hehuanshan then drive to CJ. This is for the upcoming trip with Mom. I've engaged a driver for these.
I don't mind doing the same for Hualien with my hubby next April if it's really good... He loves mountains, nature as well... We'll see how it goes.

Many thanks for your input Gixxerfied!

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doesn't concern me much as not many 14 days trip coming.
Next trip is only less than 7 days.
1st April 2016 is DD day!

Simi is DD day? I alr received the SAF100 for next march high key, but I'm prolly gonna defer after getting a job on grounds of new employment <6 months..

Kinda not used to SG after being away for awhile, last night go out Jcube met friend lim kopi jiak din din also feel :(

Just started reading on my Nepal'16 trip instead of working on my CV :s22:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I leemember reading that change but nv see the need to as 100% of my trip is under 14D.. :s13:

So this time round u exceed 14D trip??

Exceeded get a letter from Saf. Thought simi dai ji.
Think second time liao.
Long long time ago, i go i no inform kena once.
This time is more than 14 days i kena one.
Next year happily a trip in Feb 2016 from Sun till Fri nia.
April i am a happy man.
Remember hor, MR only kicks in APRIL next work year, not after you get your watch.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it is a long ride out. Would rather suggest u to do alishan, back to chiayi one night, back taichung one night then sun moon lake another night.
Safer option.

Actually the direct bus option is for her and her husband..Her upcoming trip with her parent, she already got that figure out..

Dreamy C

Reaction score
Safer option.

Thanks calkel20! This Alishan trip is bring hubby not parent. :s13: Nonetheless, still no joke! :s13:
Bring Mom de is next mth to Taipei, Hualien, CJ. All planned out so should be good. :)

Many thanks for your suggestion!

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simi is DD day? I alr received the SAF100 for next march high key, but I'm prolly gonna defer after getting a job on grounds of new employment <6 months..

Kinda not used to SG after being away for awhile, last night go out Jcube met friend lim kopi jiak din din also feel :(

So near me. See when i jio you.
LOL!
This week occupied till Thurs liao.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks calkel20! This Alishan trip is bring hubby not parent. :s13: Nonetheless, still no joke! :s13:
Bring Mom de is next mth to Taipei, Hualien, CJ. All planned out so should be good. :)

Many thanks for your suggestion!

Ask hubby to drive!

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many thanks! I'll go do some research on transportation when I'm back. As for Hualien, 1 day Taroko Gorge, 1 day East Coast etc., 1 day Hehuanshan then drive to CJ. This is for the upcoming trip with Mom. I've engaged a driver for these.
I don't mind doing the same for Hualien with my hubby next April if it's really good... He loves mountains, nature as well... We'll see how it goes.

By East Coast you mean the beach? Honestly, don't think you need to devote one whole day for East Coast.. I spent 2 nights in HL and I thought it was a little excessive..

But since you're traveling with an elderly person.. I guess there's no harm to buffer more time so the days don't get too packed and tiring for the older person..

I'm not aware of accommodations on Hehuanshan, but my personal opinion is that from Hualien, you could charter a cab through Hehuanshan to CJ, whole journey's probably 3 hours ish.. and spend the day exploring CJ.. in the following early morning.. if you would like.. can always book the sunrise tour to HHS.. That should save you a day.. Because I really don't think there's much to do up at HHS..

I could be wrong.. Calkel and Gixxer should correct me..

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Think second time liao.
April i am a happy man.
Remember hor, MR only kicks in APRIL next work year, not after you get your watch.

I sibeh suay leh.. I ORD so many years.. then start calling me for ICT.. I'm as my nick implies.. 29 this year.. and only attending my 2nd ICT next March.. Damn tulan..

Lucky I'm a thinking soldier (military intelligence :D), so I spent most of the time in camp sleeping and then book out 5pm :s13:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By East Coast you mean the beach? Honestly, don't think you need to devote one whole day for East Coast.. I spent 2 nights in HL and I thought it was a little excessive..

But since you're traveling with an elderly person.. I guess there's no harm to buffer more time so the days don't get too packed and tiring for the older person..

I'm not aware of accommodations on Hehuanshan, but my personal opinion is that from Hualien, you could charter a cab through Hehuanshan to CJ, whole journey's probably 3 hours ish.. and spend the day exploring CJ.. in the following early morning.. if you would like.. can always book the sunrise tour to HHS.. That should save you a day.. Because I really don't think there's much to do up at HHS..

Sunrise at hhs is not going to beat the one at alishan.
So better to sleep in.
Got extra time and dole, do it lor.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can consider coming in from Taitung to Hualien..

I finish my last HK in Dec, Jan already receive SAF100 for this year one.. :s13:

Think second time liao.
April i am a happy man.

I still enjoying my ICT..Solid 2 weeks break from work, sit in office do nothing..Knock off early somemore..Hw nt to enjoy..8D HK, probably only 3-4 full office day nia..

Opt for xmas period again..Should be the same both eve no need to leeport..Out pro done on 30th Dec..Rest of the days think around 2+pm knock off riao..

I rem before this new rule came in, i was placed under inactive list also kena letter when i went for company Bintan trip... :s13:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I sibeh suay leh.. I ORD so many years.. then start calling me for ICT.. I'm as my nick implies.. 29 this year.. and only attending my 2nd ICT next March.. Damn tulan..

Lucky I'm a thinking soldier (military intelligence :D), so I spent most of the time in camp sleeping and then book out 5pm :s13:

How many years ar??

They call moi back after 7 years hokay.. :s13:

Chat with someone, call him back after like 10+ years..

Dreamy C

Reaction score

I engaged a driver - Neil Zeng. Googled and heard he's good. Speaks English. Communicated with him via email. So far so good. With an elderly folk along, everything has to be well thought of. Climb mountain no joke for Mom so better to have more time for a place than to rush her through a place.

1 day not just for East Coast alone. Other places as well but I cannot remember at time of message earlier. I have since checked my email. We will be covering the following other than East Coast on the same day. Give or take, some places might not have time to cover. I'm fine with that.
1. Pick-up from train station, hotel or any other assigned location in Hualien in the morning
2. Liyu Lake
3. Yunshansui
4. Hualien Sugar Factory
5. Shitiping
6. Moon Cave
7. Tropic of Cancer Marker
8. Baqi Viewing Platform
9. Drop at hotel or any other assigned location (such as railway station, night market, down town or assigned restaurant) in the evening
* Cycling is available in Liyu Lake.
* Moon Cave requires entrance fee at 100 NTD each.

* Lunch options:
1) Roasted chicken in "Moon House"
2) Pork Knuckles in "Sister Mang's"
3) Aboriginal Cuisines in "Red-tiles Cottage"
4) Fresh seafood near Shiti fishery harbour

Hope this clarifies! :)

summersky1986

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So better to sleep in.

Yea man, I didn't do the sunrise too. But just giving her the option la.. Go out with family needs better planning..

Still recall my 1 month Australia trip with family in 2010.. first 2 weeks with family everything was organized and structured like mad.. After they left and I roamed alone.. so much freedom man :s13:

How many years ar??

They call moi back after 7 years hokay.. :s13:

Chat with someone, call him back after like 10+ years..

Erm, should be around 7 I think? Can't recall my ORD year :s13:

Bo kor leng.. If you're MRing.. it means you're in your mid 30s?

My active years, I've seen NSmen who were forgotten for 10 years+ too.. seriously so sick of this SG-SAF shiat..

Dreamy C

Reaction score
So better to sleep in.

Thanks calkel20! Initially thought of doing Sunrise at HHS but so early, not sure if Mom can take it. Besides, we will be travelling from CJ to Taipei on the same day. Don't wanna tire her so much so I've decided to skip it! :)

Dreamy C

Reaction score
Can consider coming in from Taitung to Hualien..

I finish my last HK in Dec, Jan already receive SAF100 for this year one.. :s13:

I still enjoying my ICT..Solid 2 weeks break from work, sit in office do nothing..Knock off early somemore..Hw nt to enjoy..8D HK, probably only 3-4 full office day nia..

Opt for xmas period again..Should be the same both eve no need to leeport..Out pro done on 30th Dec..Rest of the days think around 2+pm knock off riao..

I rem before this new rule came in, i was placed under inactive list also kena letter when i went for company Bintan trip... :s13:

Many thanks Gixxerfied!

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea man, I didn't do the sunrise too. But just giving her the option la.. Go out with family needs better planning..

Still recall my 1 month Australia trip with family in 2010.. first 2 weeks with family everything was organized and structured like mad.. After they left and I roamed alone.. so much freedom man :s13:

Erm, should be around 7 I think? Can't recall my ORD year :s13:

Bo kor leng.. If you're MRing.. it means you're in your mid 30s?

My active years, I've seen NSmen who were forgotten for 10 years+ too.. seriously so sick of this SG-SAF shiat..

Who me MR??

Nah, probably have to HK ICT on a yearly basis until i reach 40...Cant even clock full cycle also..This Dec then clock 2nd HK ICT but aint complaining..Company is supportive of ICT...Nt much choice since we funded by Mindef.. :s13:

Moi ex-colleague MR around 30 years old..Recce Officer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.