[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My fren wear long sleeve shirt and shorts climb elephant hill sia, so don't think it's cold now

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Cold tolerance really depends on individual. Cannot say "oh see pple in shorts means not cold". Think everyone should know their cold tolerance. For eg 10°c for me is just need a fleece jacket. But 10°c with wind I'll need to add on windbreaker + gloves. Whereas I have a friend who can go with just a leather jacket at -5°. With or without wind.

Of course I'm not saying to bring along all your winter clothes, but be practical. If you are the neutral type (usually OK with aircon but if stay at for a longer time will need a jacket, or those who will feel cold when there's an air vent blowing at you in an aircon place), then just bring along a normal jacket and a very thin parka or windbreaker (uniqlo got sell those super thin ones that can be rolled up into a small compact pouch). Wear latter on top of jacket when you feel chilly from the wind. One bonus is that parka can be used as a raincoat too, if there's light drizzling (if you don't mind your jeans being slightly wet).

I was also contemplating same thing when I asked calkel about Jiufen weather. Coz it's in mountainous area so I'm not sure if it'll be cold. I only went there once during June and it just rained and felt rather humid. Haven't been there during November so wonder how the temperature there will be. But then again, I think wind and rain will be the troublesome one for me, so I'm gonna go with just a parka. I always will bring a sweater for sleeping at night, so will use that if it IS cold during the day.

Or, one can go without any jacket too. If you find it cold when you reach then buy one in taiwan lor.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Also, just monitor the local weather closely for any last minute change in weather pattern. For eg, this is what I read just now:

WFOaiRL.jpg

The 18°c is not expected to stay and temperatures are forecasted to become slightly warmer. Just that mornings and evenings will feel more chilly. Just monitor a little more (site url in screenshot) before your respective flights and pack accordingly.

scorpio1991

Reaction score
Also, just monitor the local weather closely for any last minute change in weather pattern. For eg, this is what I read just now:

WFOaiRL.jpg

The 18°c is not expected to stay and temperatures are forecasted to become slightly warmer. Just that mornings and evenings will feel more chilly. Just monitor a little more (site url in screenshot) before your respective flights and pack accordingly.

Thanks for the info! Seems like it gonna rain throughout my trip. Sian.

BUYSELLTB

Reaction score
Anybody able to advice if 7000NTD for 4adult + 1 child to tour around Taichung/qing Jing is reasonable?

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody able to advice if 7000NTD for 4adult + 1 child to tour around Taichung/qing Jing is reasonable?

Abit ex... I only book around 4+k gng 2 weeks later. 4 adult 2 kids from Taichung to Cing Jing/Sun Moon etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.