[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear bros/sis,
Have confirmed my Taiwan trip (7 nights) in November Will be staying 4 nights in kaohsiung.

What are the must dos in kaohsiung? (with 1.5 yr old toddler)

Is taking a day out to tainan too adventurous?

Calkel20 bro, will need your help on the hsr tickets.

4 nights in KHH quite overkill.
There is a theme park called E-Da. Can google for it and stay a night there.
Good to consider one day/night out in kenting.
Can visit the Eluanbi lighthouse at kenting or the 国家公园。
There is a National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium which you can visit too.

Am sure kid like to take train etc.
If you do not mind taking an hour train to tainan, why not?
It's good, except that moving around probably need to get a transport or alternatively, just hail or use the app to call for a cab in Tainan as public transport not as easy to get.

Happy planning and hear from you soon.

not forgetting 佛光山.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/佛...0c53fa8f67593c!8m2!3d22.7556832!4d120.4453468

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:eek: i watch already also felt very tiring :s13:
video shoot & editing pretty well done as well
nowadays youtubers getting more & more pro liao

After this video, makes me wonder if i should just get a bigger car for travel next time.
Small car are better to navigate in the mountains though.

pchltws

Reaction score
After this video, makes me wonder if i should just get a bigger car for travel next time.

How big of the car do you get to?

9 pax type?

Cost will be NT 6500 +/- NT500 I guess?

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna go up to mountain best to get bigger cc cars with 4WD. Some of the mountain roads are really steep and smaller cars don't have sufficient HP to climb

And not forgetting your luggage etc in your car

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna go up to mountain best to get bigger cc cars with 4WD. Some of the mountain roads are really steep and smaller cars don't have sufficient HP to climb

And not forgetting your luggage etc in your car

Sent from Henabi virus using GAGT

We have minimal luggage.
Not a problem even traveling with a family.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you should definiely try at least for experience. imho suv driven by couple in video wasn't too wide. higher seats means you have better view of traffic around the car. 4x4 gives better traction & safer on winding roads. narrow roads just have to get used to it …

will love to try automatic parking :)

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you should definiely try at least for experience. imho suv driven by couple in video wasn't too wide. higher seats means you have better view of traffic around the car. 4x4 gives better traction & safer on winding roads. narrow roads just have to get used to it …

will love to try automatic parking :)
Yes. The assisted parking is somewhat the sweet point and also the fixed speed driving.
My friend mentioned to me that the speed is perhaps only max of 100km/h, quite a good speed.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fixed speed or commonly known as cruise control / autocruise is a nice feature on straight highway with little traffic. 100km/h just nice, typical max speed on highway

but don't try this on winding or hilly roads
Yes. The assisted parking is somewhat the sweet point and also the fixed speed driving.
My friend mentioned to me that the speed is perhaps only max of 100km/h, quite a good speed.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fixed speed or commonly known as cruise control / autocruise is a nice feature on straight highway with little traffic. 100km/h just nice, typical max speed on highway

but don't try this on winding or hilly roads

Tell me when you attempt even 60 km/h at suhua highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.