[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anybody drove in Taiwan before? Many people including Taiwanese discouraged foreigners driving in Taiwan saying v dangerous. Other than driving on different sides of the road compared to Singapore, what are other worries? Appreciate any sharing. Thanks in advance.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody drove in Taiwan before? Many people including Taiwanese discouraged foreigners driving in Taiwan saying v dangerous. Other than driving on different sides of the road compared to Singapore, what are other worries? Appreciate any sharing. Thanks in advance.

Traffic and weather conditions.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm worried bus would be uncomfortable.. Alr gonna sit 4 hours on jetstar liao.. Haha

The thing is I will prefer to take HSR to taichung.
Reason being, at least still have toilet breaks.
For Bus, it's all the way 2.5-3hrs depending on traffic conditions.
Bo bao is sure reach on time.
After 4hours plus seated on the flight, still need to drag so long, literally another part of the time by bus, i give up.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After 4hours plus seated on the flight, still need to drag so long, literally another part of the time by bus, i give up.

Yea me too. Just spend a little more, why tired yourself when you suppose to be enjoying holiday.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If for me:
Taoyuan airport - airport mrt (easy card) - Taoyuan hsr (can buy on the spot or ask calkel to help buy) - Taichung hsr - taxi to hotel (about 200 ntd).

Hsr ticket, buy on the spot no guarantee got seat. If Calkel help buy, can choose free seating in the last few cabin and any train.

BUYSELLTB

Reaction score
Would like to seek advice if I should take train from Taoyuan airport to Yilan or should I take bus?

I’ll be landing at 6am tomorrow.

KYLee

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys! i think buy HSR online got earlybird can cut even more cost..

KYLee

Reaction score

ah yes.. i forgot about toilet breaks...:o

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the google map travl distance and time required accurate de ma?
Eg from Taoyuan airport to Chiayi it stated it need 2hr 46min if travel by car
I know it all depend on traffic condition la but if smooth can i assume it take around that timing?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the google map travl distance and time required accurate de ma?
Eg from Taoyuan airport to Chiayi it stated it need 2hr 46min if travel by car
I know it all depend on traffic condition la but if smooth can i assume it take around that timing?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

I don't think it's accurate

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Would like to seek advice if I should take train from Taoyuan airport to Yilan or should I take bus?

I’ll be landing at 6am tomorrow.

Board Kuo Kuang bus at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TTIA) to Taipei Main Station. Travel time: About 50~55 mins.

Board Kemalan buses (葛瑪蘭) at Taipei Bus Station (Q Square 4th floor) to Yilan. Kemalan bus travels via Freeway 5 and the 12.9km Shuehshan Tunnel. Travel time: About 45~50 mins.

Kemalan bus: http://www.kamalan.com.tw
Train take longer route so take bus better. The above information, you need to check again to confirm the correct bus and station.

BUYSELLTB

Reaction score
Thanks a lot! :)

Board Kuo Kuang bus at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TTIA) to Taipei Main Station. Travel time: About 50~55 mins.

Board Kemalan buses (葛瑪蘭) at Taipei Bus Station (Q Square 4th floor) to Yilan. Kemalan bus travels via Freeway 5 and the 12.9km Shuehshan Tunnel. Travel time: About 45~50 mins.

Kemalan bus: http://www.kamalan.com.tw
Train take longer route so take bus better. The above information, you need to check again to confirm the correct bus and station.

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy chiate pineapple tart can claim tax refund or not?

if can, how arh? :o
go where do?

paiseh nvr do tax refund before

FreshGradDays

Reaction score
If you are going from taoyuan airport to places like taichung , my recommendation is to use bus where it is one-way (no transit), cause no need to walk up and down and can sleep all the way to taichung city. HSR is far away from city so u still need transport in between

Unless you are going to other places where there is no direct bus then hsr is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.