[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 nights, but i went few times already. probably you can consider 2 to 3 nights if going fo guang shan as it will take 3/4 days.
I'm planning to go probably end December and might stay on to countdown. 5 days should be enough ? The 佛光山 is always on my list . Let's say if I want to go Kenting, I think allow 7 days best?

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Levis jeans also not cheap
columbia must wait for sales
TNF … too exp
mont bell … find their material abit too rough
patagonia … can only order online so can't feel the material

recently bought M&S Bermudas during sales … very light & quick dry + lots of useful pockets

since i travel budget + carry on luggage. been constantly looking for ways to reduce weight …
I do agree with you.
Have good fabric is impt.
If you travel often and do not think you need them, dun need to buy.
I do go ard in my royal robbins. They serve me well.
Columbia is too ex.
Of course if you can afford mont bell, TNF, patagonia, why not?

helloworld321

Reaction score
I do agree with you.
Have good fabric is impt.
If you travel often and do not think you need them, dun need to buy.
I do go ard in my royal robbins. They serve me well.
Columbia is too ex.
Of course if you can afford mont bell, TNF, patagonia, why not?

Like that what would you recommend ?

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to go probably end December and might stay on to countdown. 5 days should be enough ? The 佛光山 is always on my list . Let's say if I want to go Kenting, I think allow 7 days best?

3D in Kaohsiung, 2 days in Kenting? I've not been to Kenting, so dunno how long is good.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really ? For Taiwan?

Even atop Alishan at sunrise, just heattech inner and a simple windbreaker or jacket will suffice.
That's my perception anyway.

Depend on when you go. I went in early march, just heattech inner and a simple windbreaker or jacket is not enough. it's 5 degree at alishan waiting for sunrise, worst cant see sunrise that day due to heavy fogging.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depend on when you go. I went in early march, just heattech inner and a simple windbreaker or jacket is not enough. it's 5 degree at alishan waiting for sunrise, worst cant see sunrise that day due to heavy fogging.

You need a cap. Ora beanie.
Very impt.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Layer enough. Heat tech, shirt/long sleeve plus a jacket.
Not hiking, no need so solid ones.
My north face starts to peel after hiking bromo and ijen.
Things do not last forever.

If very cold, Heat tech extra, long sleeve shirt and pant.

kevin301

Reaction score

It was about that temperature atop Alishan when I went too. i definitely didn't wear any thick jacket. Guess maybe I just got used to it. Was walking around quite a bit, so I guess that helped keep warm.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It was about that temperature atop Alishan when I went too. i definitely didn't wear any thick jacket. Guess maybe I just got used to it. Was walking around quite a bit, so I guess that helped keep warm.

I think base on individual

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's not about how thick the jacket but how efficient is the material in trapping your body heat …

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alishan or he huan shan colder? :o

Good Question.
Alishan viewpoint is very open, winds from all direction.
Hehuanshan viewpoint is not open 360 deg. Still has the back mountain which blocks out some wind.
But usually it will snow from hehuanshan area, seldom for Alishan. Seldom is like 5-10 years if lucky.

That is why they use 實際溫度 vs 體感溫度

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.