[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
naysayers always use this excuse. does one always need to be connected? then might as well stay at home. go out holidays is to enjoy the sight and scene, not staring at the mobile device all the time.

normally all our trips, we have our own sim card ...
no matter trips with friends or family members, we would have times where we walk the mall individually or in groups of 2 to 3 ...

If all stick together the entire trip, like so boring.
if you are guy, have to accompany your girl friends to walk one shop by one shop, spending few hours walking, seeing gal things with them ... not efficient ... by the time they finish shopping, is already few hours gone ...

different people might want to look for different things.
Can whatsapp your friends or colleagues if they want to buy anything from there ...

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went before taichung 2d1n, only go gao mei wetland, fengjia nm ...
those places like cingjing and sml, one way already 3+ hours by public transport. since only 2 pax going, so dont intend to rent cab or go those places ...

2 pax ok lah, I also 2 pax book cab. 3500ntd to so many places not that expensive lol, if diy can only go very few places and need walk a lot.

KYLee

Reaction score
Guys, abit of a long short here. 5 years ago went to this hot spring in yang ming shan but didnt note down where is this place, im planning to go there again. Just trying to see if anyone can ID this hot spring just by this picture? its a private one, its relatively cheap and big too.

TIA

fifi_kai

Reaction score
How much do you guys spend on average in Taiwan?

I spent $1400 for 6 days of meals, shopping,local transport. (Air flight and hotel not included). Is this the average spending?

FreshGradDays

Reaction score

I spent $1400 for 6 days of meals, shopping,local transport. (Air flight and hotel not included). Is this the average spending?
I probably spend less than half of your amount with airfare and hotel included.

So yes, you are on the high side. What are the big expenses?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Quite ex IMO. I didn't spend more than s$100 a day, all three meals eat. If you are particular, a meal $5 can get le, so $50 a day maybe still can spare

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I spend around 2k for 8 days for 2 pax. Transportation cost is abit expensive if you are going to different part of tw, taking taxi and book a day tour.

fifi_kai

Reaction score
We went to Addiction aquatic for seafood that was close to $100, elixir hotpot about $90 and a few other cafes that was recommended on TripAdvisor. Ended up spending more.

Did y’all mostly eat local food and night market?

Takagi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

not including flight and hotel

my Jan 8 days in tw, i spent only around 800

my Aug 5 days in tw, only spent around 450

kevin301

Reaction score

This is for 1 person ?
Seems rather high.
I usually estimate about S$100/person/day for meals + transport in Taiwan. Quite often I spend less, but it's a safe gauge for me.

I notice you included shopping, so that can throw the estimate out wildly.

kevin301

Reaction score
naysayers always use this excuse. does one always need to be connected? then might as well stay at home. go out holidays is to enjoy the sight and scene, not staring at the mobile device all the time.

issues might arise if the group gets separated, e.g. at Night Market, shopping mall, etc. Then without data or local SIM card, would be rather troublesome to contact each other.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
issues might arise if the group gets separated, e.g. at Night Market, shopping mall, etc. Then without data or local SIM card, would be rather troublesome to contact each other.

Especially when come to shopping.
All buy until forgotten the schedule and time.

kevin301

Reaction score
Especially when come to shopping.
All buy until forgotten the schedule and time.

You're right! :D
my opinion is: pocket router is useful for 1 person using multiple devices requiring internet access, or else perhaps "conjoined twin" couples :s13:

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yah, tht time my wife and I got seperated, heng each of us got sim card

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yeah tats rite ...
so normally if friends see the promo $5 so cheap ...
wanna take on the device...

then told them, are you all going to stick together for the entire trip ?
if the device lost, then gg ... have to pay for it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.