[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilrex21

Reaction score
don’t think I will want to bring my luggage to Hualien then. Any suggestions on where to keep luggage at Taipei Main station? A lot of conflicting information online. My train is early at 6.45am so just want to be sure of the hours. Has anyone used lalalocker before?

eeeksalah!

Reaction score
Hmmm there's a baggage storage place near Taipei Main Station but it's open from 8am - 8pm. Can consider if you can deposit a day before.

Taipei Station Baggage Serivice Centre 台鐵台北車站行李託運中心 : https://goo.gl/maps/pDb9apSGbN12

If you can read chinese, here's a blog post on the baggage storage and directions: http://dingeat.com/0112-2/

From my personal experience 2 years back, it can be abit dark at night.

don’t think I will want to bring my luggage to Hualien then. Any suggestions on where to keep luggage at Taipei Main station? A lot of conflicting information online. My train is early at 6.45am so just want to be sure of the hours. Has anyone used lalalocker before?

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Leave your luggage at your last hotel/stay.
If in locker, it will cost 50/3-4hrs.
Not owrth it

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leave your luggage at your last hotel/stay.
If in locker, it will cost 50/3-4hrs.
Not owrth it

Agree, tw locker is good to store for few hours but not for 1 day or more.
I have bad experience in Alishan train station.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried asking my hotel but it says it doesn’t keep luggages. I’m staying at Caesar.

When you come back Taipei, do you still stay this hotel or others?
If still the same hotel, you can email/ call them.

Another way, you have to do some googling.
Some TRA stations have locker room, can keep for 1 day or more but opening hour is 8am to 8pm.

I have a experience with a hotel, they allow me to send 1 carton of food to their hotel even before I check in.

KYLee

Reaction score
Anyone bought HSR tickets from klook? how does it work? Seems like no need to choose day and time.. just location to destination only..

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought HSR tickets from klook? how does it work? Seems like no need to choose day and time.. just location to destination only..

Pm calkel, to book for you. He help me book, save all the trouble.
Yes, can buy flexible ticket, reach station collect ticket, can take any train going to your destination. Seating is free seating, only last few cabins is for free seating. All information if show on the screen when you are at the platform. Start queuing before train arrive. Train arrive, immediately choose your seat, place your luggage in front of you.

You can buy food and drink to eat inside train.

KYLee

Reaction score
Pm calkel, to book for you. He help me book, save all the trouble.
Yes, can buy flexible ticket, reach station collect ticket, can take any train going to your destination. Seating is free seating, only last few cabins is for free seating. All information if show on the screen when you are at the platform. Start queuing before train arrive. Train arrive, immediately choose your seat, place your luggage in front of you.

You can buy food and drink to eat inside train.

Already contacted him, just looking at different options haha.. thanks bro for the explanation.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Already contacted him, just looking at different options haha.. thanks bro for the explanation.

You are welcome.
He is more experience in this, save you the trouble. If you book yourself, I think you can't choose free seating, best to check with him.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks … and anping tree house
but HSR not cheap … can't justify the trip south for just few things … guess i save & put more $$$ on the eastern trip

more i research more i confused. just realise taroko express didn't even stop at xincheng … why call taoroko express then? lol
Tainan is good.
But u need someone to drive ard.
Anping itself can be quite a day out.
I spent two nights in Tainan recently.
Just good for food and chill.
I had a wonderful oolong tea ice cream for 80Ntd.
Thought was green tea though.
Dripping delicious.

Had a few bowls of beef soup!
Add ginger slices and one round of 米酒 into the soup!

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy from klook must exchange for physical ticket at station … can't use online booking

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy from klook must exchange for physical ticket at station … can't use online booking

Online booking also need to station collect ticket.

If you did not do early booking, or in case change of plan. HSR ticket can buy at the station without booking.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what i meant was you can't do online booking / reservation with HSR ticket purchased from klook

of coz you know with online booking, you pay & secure a seat. but if bought from klook, even if you pay, seat still not secured

yes of coz can buy HSR ticket from station provided not sold out (do they allow standing in HSR?)

from my personal travel perspective, one advantage of buying tickets in advance from agent like klook is it reduce the amount of foreign currency i need to bring over since already paid for in home currency

Online booking also need to station collect ticket.

If you did not do early booking, or in case change of plan. HSR ticket can buy at the station without booking.

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what i meant was you can't do online booking / reservation with HSR ticket purchased from klook

of coz you know with online booking, you pay & secure a seat. but if bought from klook, even if you pay, seat still not secured

yes of coz can buy HSR ticket from station provided not sold out (do they allow standing in HSR?)

from my personal travel perspective, one advantage of buying tickets in advance from agent like klook is it reduce the amount of foreign currency i need to bring over since already paid for in home currency
I offer a deal with better advice.
Other online agents are always one off.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks … and anping tree house
but HSR not cheap … can't justify the trip south for just few things … guess i save & put more $$$ on the eastern trip

more i research more i confused. just realise taroko express didn't even stop at xincheng … why call taoroko express then? lol

As long as it gets you to hualien is good enough.
Most will prefer to check in and do second day at taroko.
Who wants to bring their luggage along?
Provide some business for local guides as well.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You cannot get taroko express to xincheng, i also dunno why.
But i know got puyuma that stops there if you need them.

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most of taroko bus services starts from hualien which is an hour away from taroko entrance

i will base in taipei for entirely trip though won't mind staying a night just to start early

local guides will be good if am exploring longer & further
As long as it gets you to hualien is good enough.
Most will prefer to check in and do second day at taroko.
Who wants to bring their luggage along?
Provide some business for local guides as well.

thanks! am seeing a few options. of coz there are pro & cons for each. will play by ear when I'm there or when i have more info
You cannot get taroko express to xincheng, i also dunno why.
But i know got puyuma that stops there if you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.