[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just take train from Taipei to hualien. Hualien take bus to taroko. The bus stops at a few stops along the gorge. Then back the same way. Why duwan stay at hualien one night ? Hostel <30sgd. Or climb taroko mountain 13 or 16km stay one night with the native tribe people on the hill :o

Taroko actually no need guide la... Just go climb climb.

Go the one that need apply permit one at the gorge. Awesome view

Last edited:

Misery-

Reaction score
Hi guys! Would like to check if I have 4 nights to spare? Is it better to stay in kaohsiung or tainan?
I have initially planned to stay at khh and do a day trip to tainan. Any other suggestions?
2 Pax with a toddler(1.5 yrs old) traveling.
Thanks!

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most of taroko bus services starts from hualien which is an hour away from taroko entrance

i will base in taipei for entirely trip though won't mind staying a night just to start early

local guides will be good if am exploring longer & further

thanks! am seeing a few options. of coz there are pro & cons for each. will play by ear when I'm there or when i have more info

If u can contact the locals to fix the tour to start at xincheng, you have an edge.
But most prefer to go back to 七星潭, then to city.
That is like the SOP for the tour there.
U can also ask the taxis at xincheng.
Bet they will be willing to do a tour for you there.
Taiwanese seldom says No though.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Would like to check if I have 4 nights to spare? Is it better to stay in kaohsiung or tainan?
I have initially planned to stay at khh and do a day trip to tainan. Any other suggestions?
2 Pax with a toddler(1.5 yrs old) traveling.
Thanks!
One day trip to Tainan will be good.
I have replied you.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what i meant was you can't do online booking / reservation with HSR ticket purchased from klook

of coz you know with online booking, you pay & secure a seat. but if bought from klook, even if you pay, seat still not secured

yes of coz can buy HSR ticket from station provided not sold out (do they allow standing in HSR?)

from my personal travel perspective, one advantage of buying tickets in advance from agent like klook is it reduce the amount of foreign currency i need to bring over since already paid for in home currency

Unless you going during CNY, if not, I don't see why HSR ticket get sold out. Cos there are so many trains. Free seating in the last few cabins allow standing, if no seat.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u can contact the locals to fix the tour to start at xincheng, you have an edge.

I think taxi at Hualien station do tour, just like Pingxi station

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will leave zhuilu old trail for another time ... bus intervals are hourly so need to plan ahead. i think scooter gives better flexibility
Just take train from Taipei to hualien. Hualien take bus to taroko. The bus stops at a few stops along the gorge. Then back the same way. Why duwan stay at hualien one night ? Hostel <30sgd. Or climb taroko mountain 13 or 16km stay one night with the native tribe people on the hill :o

Taroko actually no need guide la... Just go climb climb.

Go the one that need apply permit one at the gorge. Awesome view

thanks! i think finally got it sort out. will do 2 trips, one just for taroko another for hualien/suao. 七星潭 easy access but for photography not ideal, i prefer somewhere on higher ground to view 七星潭

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try 清水斷涯 if u think so.
Qixingtan must be on the ground to make the difference.
No use to be on high ground.
Do u know that beach is not a sand beach?

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will leave zhuilu old trail for another time ... bus intervals are hourly so need to plan ahead. i think scooter gives better flexibility

thanks! i think finally got it sort out. will do 2 trips, one just for taroko another for hualien/suao. 七星潭 easy access but for photography not ideal, i prefer somewhere on higher ground to view 七星潭

There is high ground on qixingtan :o
A cliff overlooking the ocean . Input four eight highland on Google map. Can walk from qxt.

Dunno high enough for u or not. Suao need own transportation.... I went hualien take bus everyday free and easy

Actually if really miss bus...no problem. Just hitchhike

I miss Taiwan
Hope to go back again !!!

Twmm Jin pretty also :love:

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A cliff overlooking the ocean . Input four eight highland on Google map. Can walk from qxt.

Dunno high enough for u or not. Suao need own transportation.... I went hualien take bus everyday free and easy

I miss Taiwan

Make sure enough clothings to cover up, that big mirror is very strong.

redname

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too tired to eat outside, tapao go back eat

44433995444_c3801f2ef8_b.jpg

ljungberger

Reaction score
Hi

Most of the Taiwan instant noodles have liquid seasoning (oil/sauce). Has anyone tried bringing back these kind of instant noodle back using hand carry luggage?

Flying budget so don't have check-in allowance. I wonder whether the the liquid seasoning packets in the instant noodles violate the liquid restrictions.

Thanks

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Most of the Taiwan instant noodles have liquid seasoning (oil/sauce). Has anyone tried bringing back these kind of instant noodle back using hand carry luggage?

Flying budget so don't have check-in allowance. I wonder whether the the liquid seasoning packets in the instant noodles violate the liquid restrictions.

Thanks

Can carry on.
They do not exceed 100ml.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too tired to eat outside, tapao go back eat

[Imghttps://farm2.staticflickr.com/1949/44433995444_c3801f2ef8_b.jpg[/IMG]

Good to eat under the aircon comfort.
Do remember to 分类, if you cannot.
If not, at least wash them before packing them up.
Lesser "aroma" in the room as well.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone have been to Chiayi, Tainan or Taitung?
I'm planning a year-end trip to Kaohsiung, I have 8days 7nights over there in Taiwan.

Thinking to stay to stay Tainan for at least 2 day to explore, but not sure for the other days. However, am planning countdown in Kaohsiung.

Would like suggestions. ;)

Taitung can do two routes.
One mountain one towards the hotspring.
The other is along the sea route towards 三仙台。

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anyone have been to Chiayi, Tainan or Taitung?
I'm planning a year-end trip to Southern Taiwan. I have 8 days 7 nights over there in Taiwan. Will be in Kaohsiung on 31 Dec for countdown.

Thinking to stay to stay Tainan for at least 2 day to explore, but not sure for the other days.
Would like suggestions? Thank you

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, i know it's pebbles beach.
thanks! will checkout 清水斷涯
Try 清水斷涯 if u think so.
Qixingtan must be on the ground to make the difference.
No use to be on high ground.
Do u know that beach is not a sand beach?

thanks! yes 48 highland looks good. i seen photos from taken from the cliff. sure looks nice!

I miss Taiwan

hualien new station opens. looks beautiful!:s12:
https://tw.appledaily.com/new/realtime/20180913/1429093/

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1xtreme

Reaction score
Hi all. Now is it return from Taiwan,dun need to chop on passport liao? Just came back, then realised that didnt went through the stamp chopping procedure but did the passport & fingerprint scanning instead at their airport when departing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.