[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check if easy card can be used in Taichung? Intend to buy from taoyuan airport upon arrival and use in Taichung and Taipei.

:s11:
normal shop to mac also can support
best thing (free bus ride with easycard as long you dont clock 10km distance on 1 bus ride)

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check if easy card can be used in Taichung? Intend to buy from taoyuan airport upon arrival and use in Taichung and Taipei.

Need to buy one meh?
Ask ard friends, sure got people have it and stash at home.
Buying means bo hua one.
Coz now got to pay for the card like sg.

truewt

Master Member
Reaction score
Need to buy one meh?
Buying means bo hua one.
hi folks,

travelling with wife and baby in Dec. For flying cow ranch, does it make sense to stay 2 weekdays nights? was thinking cow ranch for 2 days and then 3rd day on checkout head to strawberry farms at dahu area before heading down to Taichung..

Itinerary is briefly this:
D1: touch down 6pm at TPE, head to XMD and stay 1 night
D2: travel down to Flying Cow Ranch
D3: Flying Cow Ranch
D4: Check Out from Flying Cow Ranch > Strawberry Farm at Dahu area > Taichung check in (then do FJ night market)
D5: Taichung
D6: Taichung
D7: Check out from Taichung > Taipei
D8: Taipei
D9: Fly back from TPE to SGP 09.55am

For TC not sure what are the good itineraries to recommend for children <2yo? Please advise TIA.

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i have 4 nites in Taipei.. other than the nite markets/street food, shopping, any stuff should i do? i think the day is very open for me. i also dont mind a day tour out of taipei on one of the days.

Any drinking joints with nice local food.

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to buy one meh?
Buying means bo hua one.

Ok I go ask my sister since she is in keelung now. Not sure she has or not.

My last trip was in 2014 and i have refunded the cards.

maxokw

Reaction score
Anyone that took a TRA from Kaohsiung to Tainan before can advise if it is easy to board the Train like HSR? And can bring up a 28"luggage and put at seat???

thanks in advance!! :)

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone that took a TRA from Kaohsiung to Tainan before can advise if it is easy to board the Train like HSR? And can bring up a 28"luggage and put at seat???

thanks in advance!! :)

Take local train.
No problem.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have 4 nites in Taipei.. other than the nite markets/street food, shopping, any stuff should i do? i think the day is very open for me. i also dont mind a day tour out of taipei on one of the days.

Any drinking joints with nice local food.

Search for 居酒屋, they are quite good in Tw as well.

rootz

Reaction score
2 nights in FCR is good. For the little one to enjoy the various activities there.

There is a famous museum at TC. Nice for little ones to go. But may be too young to understand.

hi folks,

travelling with wife and baby in Dec. For flying cow ranch, does it make sense to stay 2 weekdays nights? was thinking cow ranch for 2 days and then 3rd day on checkout head to strawberry farms at dahu area before heading down to Taichung..

D4: Check Out from Flying Cow Ranch > Strawberry Farm at Dahu area > Taichung check in (then do FJ night market)

For TC not sure what are the good itineraries to recommend for children <2yo? Please advise TIA.

truewt

Master Member
Reaction score
2 nights in FCR is good. For the little one to enjoy the various activities there.

There is a famous museum at TC. Nice for little ones to go. But may be too young to understand.

the famous museum issit 921 museum?

Thanks!

fxsg123

Master Member
Reaction score
hi folks,

Hi, I'm not an expert, just sharing as I'm also going in Dec, with my 3yrs old :)

D1 6pm land, about 8pm then can reach XMD. With <2yrs old, you can't do much plus next day still need to travel south. Recommend to stay in Taoyuan.

D2/D3 according to feedback by TW drivers, not worth to stay overstay, day tour good enough. Myself I originally plan overnight but change after taking into consideration various drivers comment.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah next week the temp gonna rise up abit...27 or 28 deg at taipei
Sian thought will be cooling

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.