[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Like Tree840Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2018, 09:26 AM   #6001
High Supremacy Member

thanks a lot bro
Same for japan.
Refunded at counter, but at airport also have to throw the slips into the tax refund bin.
Old 25-03-2018, 11:40 AM   #6002
Suspended

You need to check in and then proceed to do tax refund with receipt.
Even though you got the money, some how they expect you to bring on board.

Yes quite rediculous.
But nvm, just tell them u checked in liao.
They understand.
I usually check in alr.

But they have the rights recall your luggage to ask u to open and show.

They want to ensure taxes are paid.

Just imagine IRAS.
Old 25-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #6003
High Supremacy Member

I usually check in alr.

But they have the rights recall your luggage to ask u to open and show.

They want to ensure taxes are paid.

Just imagine IRAS.
Agree.
My friend wore the items, they say next time cannotX
Dun need argue.
Says okZ
Next time no do that.
Old 25-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #6004
Suspended

Agree.
My friend wore the items, they say next time cannotX
Dun need argue.
Says okZ
Next time no do that.
If not too expensive, they will close eyes I feel.

But depending on the mood 1.
Old 25-03-2018, 04:38 PM   #6005

Same for japan.
Refunded at counter, but at airport also have to throw the slips into the tax refund bin.
I think TW follows JP and KR. But I have never kena checked before and always checked in. JP is very strict and always sealed your items. But I always open and use and repack lol

The place I kena check most often is in my home country. WTF they always aim locals rather than checking the foreigners.
Old 25-03-2018, 04:42 PM   #6006
Suspended

I think TW follows JP and KR. But I have never kena checked before and always checked in. JP is very strict and always sealed your items. But I always open and use and repack lol

The place I kena check most often is in my home country. WTF they always aim locals rather than checking the foreigners.
I guess u got 坏人脸。

I donít get Checks.
Old 25-03-2018, 04:45 PM   #6007

I guess u got 坏人脸。

I donít get Checks.
I guess u got 穷人脸.

Thats why they dont check u lol
iGotPwned likes this.
Old 25-03-2018, 08:58 PM   #6008
High Supremacy Member

Lone traveler?
pinpinpin likes this.
Old 27-03-2018, 12:54 PM   #6009
Master Member

i only have 3 nights in taipei on 1st april reach taoyuan airport around 4-5pm .

after which will go to hotel at xmd area then going over long shan temple and huaxi / guangzhuo night market for the 1st night.

2nd day will be at jiu fen / shifen area till late afternoon to evening . after which don't know where to go already. any recommendation ?

2nd day evening and 3rd day not sure where to go . any more recommendation ?

my wife would like to go shida night market . other than that no other planning .
Old 27-03-2018, 01:54 PM   #6010
High Supremacy Member

i only have 3 nights in taipei on 1st april reach taoyuan airport around 4-5pm .

after which will go to hotel at xmd area then going over long shan temple and huaxi / guangzhuo night market for the 1st night.

2nd day will be at jiu fen / shifen area till late afternoon to evening . after which don't know where to go already. any recommendation ?

2nd day evening and 3rd day not sure where to go . any more recommendation ?

my wife would like to go shida night market . other than that no other planning .
Replaced shida with ningxia.
Old 27-03-2018, 06:44 PM   #6011

You need to check in and then proceed to do tax refund with receipt.
Even though you got the money, some how they expect you to bring on board.

Yes quite rediculous.
But nvm, just tell them u checked in liao.
They understand.

But when there are Chinese tourists who are unable to show their goods, things might change. Most customs are generally nice to Singaporeans or maybe I do not claim huge amount. However, I had to show my purchase once at Taoyuan as one idiotic Chinese tourist was unable to show her purchases as she had already checked her luggage in (that was what she claimed). She blamed the custom officer for being difficult and insisted on watching him checked the purchase of every tax refund he processed. He was in a foul mood throughout the whole time I was there.

I can't help but to blame the Chinese tourists for making a bad name for themselves. They are always checked thoroughly. Perhaps it is not just because they purchase a lot, but also because they try to beat the tax refund rules to their own advantages. In Changi Airport, there are already cases where the goods that received tax refund continue to remain in Singapore.

My advice is thus to stay clear of them whenever possible. All sorts of nightmare can happen around them. At BKK airport, the whole village started cutting the queue to collect the cash and they ganged up to protect their own people.
Old 27-03-2018, 07:11 PM   #6012
Honorary Member

I just came back a few days ago, those who did small tax refunds at the shop, that will be end of the story. don't need to show at the customs or anything

I stupidly listen to the shop say what cannot open the items. end up I go the customs there and ask, they say once done the small claims at the shop, the process ends
Old 27-03-2018, 11:43 PM   #6013
Suspended

I just came back a few days ago, those who did small tax refunds at the shop, that will be end of the story. don't need to show at the customs or anything

I stupidly listen to the shop say what cannot open the items. end up I go the customs there and ask, they say once done the small claims at the shop, the process ends
dont say u r stupid, u just to be extra safe also.

anyway, good to hear u r back safely.
Old 28-03-2018, 12:01 AM   #6014

Hello guys, we will be going on a 5D4N trip with my in-laws in april.

We were thinking of going to try the hotspring at beitou. However I remember reading that we have to wear swim suits, (which my in laws do not want to).

So can I get any suggestions if there are hotsprings to recommend where we dont have to wear swim suits as madatory.

thanks
Old 28-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #6015
Supremacy Member

Hello guys, we will be going on a 5D4N trip with my in-laws in april.

We were thinking of going to try the hotspring at beitou. However I remember reading that we have to wear swim suits, (which my in laws do not want to).

So can I get any suggestions if there are hotsprings to recommend where we dont have to wear swim suits as madatory.

thanks
Get private rooms.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.