Like Tree840Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2018, 11:42 AM   #6301

Ohh ok. I tot when u mention itinerary, it’s smth more detailed

Already in post #6298
Old 07-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #6302

Hi taiwan experts,

i want to watch the sunrise at yang ming shan (datun mountain) , since the sunrise is at 5.15am i plan to reach at about 4.45am. i will be leaving about 3.45am from taipei main station area.

any issues getting cab there ? will they be willing to go u? i will be taking public transport back to hotel.

not really sure if this is doable, might give up everything if cost is too high or if this a silly idea.

thanks!
Old 07-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #6303

Hello!

May I know if you hired a cabby for tour, do you normally tip them/are you required to tip them? If so, how much is a reasonable amount?

Thank you
Old 07-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #6304
Supremacy Member

Ohh ok. I tot when u mention itinerary, itís smth more detailed
Yes, but I'm too lazy to list out everything. Take a lot of hard work to search for detail as I DIY.

You can share yours, we can help you check it out.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:41 PM   #6305
Supremacy Member

Hello!

May I know if you hired a cabby for tour, do you normally tip them/are you required to tip them? If so, how much is a reasonable amount?

Thank you
Don't need to tip since cab driver charge high price, at most buy him lunch/ dinner/ drink.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #6306

Ok. Will share once I draft it. Hoping to be able to go taitung, wonder if it’s too ambitious

Yes, but I'm too lazy to list out everything. Take a lot of hard work to search for detail as I DIY.

You can share yours, we can help you check it out.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #6307

When I hire cabby throughout my trip, we were told to pay for all meals (aka he ate what we ate). Not sure if it’s a norm though.

Hello!

Thank you
Old 07-05-2018, 09:56 PM   #6308
High Supremacy Member

Ok. Will share once I draft it. Hoping to be able to go taitung, wonder if itís too ambitious
Will only go taitung if hot air balloon festival.
Other than that, quite quiet place.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #6309
Supremacy Member

Ok. Will share once I draft it. Hoping to be able to go taitung, wonder if itís too ambitious
Depend on your route, if purposely go there then you can forget about it. Travelling from place to place take up a lot of time.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #6310
Supremacy Member

When I hire cabby throughout my trip, we were told to pay for all meals (aka he ate what we ate). Not sure if itís a norm though.
My first time, friend book driver for few days many years back, driver will recommend foods but never join us even we invited him.
2nd time, I book taxi for Taichung tour booking through hotel. During lunch, I invite him for lunch, he rejected. He recommend a famous dessert, this time he get free from that company.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #6311
Supremacy Member

When I hire cabby throughout my trip, we were told to pay for all meals (aka he ate what we ate). Not sure if it’s a norm though.
Nope, never ever encounter that but I do pay for their lunch (secretly before they do) or buy them dessert if i think they did a good job. At the end of the day some of them also got us a small gift in return
Old 08-05-2018, 10:36 AM   #6312

My first time, friend book driver for few days many years back, driver will recommend foods but never join us even we invited him.
2nd time, I book taxi for Taichung tour booking through hotel. During lunch, I invite him for lunch, he rejected. He recommend a famous dessert, this time he get free from that company.
Those drivers that I used for many trips, never join us for meals. The last trip in March, we went to a secluded place and there is only one restaurant. Invited driver to join us for lunch again and he told us honestly that if we go to certain restaurants, his meal will be provided by that restaurant.
Old 08-05-2018, 12:53 PM   #6313

Wah so good. That’s why I feel my driver being greedy and told my family not to always treat him cos those places he recommended were all restaurants, each meal cost us quite abit. But my family paiseh to not treat him.

Old 08-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #6314

Sadly I will be missing the festival by 1.5 weeks hahas. Initially tot of going taitung for those nature that I just saw on felicia chin’s Instagram. I’ve been to almost everywhere in Taipei and Taichung and hualien. So considering elsewhere

Will only go taitung if hot air balloon festival.
Other than that, quite quiet place.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:06 PM   #6315

Anyone has any idea how's the weather in taiwan now?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.