[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone there at Taipei now can share what's the weather like? I am going next Thu for a short trip.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then should maximize the time visit interesting places, than to spend the time traveling north to south.

"Why choose this 2 place in a day? Both place are far apart."
That's why I said this, he didn't check map, that's the problem

disastrous

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Actually I been to TW more than 10 times and I know how to check the map of cos. I was thinking more in terms of traffic and if YMS is good to visit in winter period.

I am just bringing old folks this time, one of them want to go Jiufen (only) to get some stuff and visit old friend. And some want to go YMS, we have a driver, so thinking whether it is feasible just to go these 2 places.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I will be travelling to Taiwan with a friend from 31/12/18 to 06/01/19. I had sought inputs from this forum previously a few years back and i really appreciated those help. Will seek your help again regarding my 7 days itinerary. I will be visiting three cities (Kaohsiung, Hualien, Taipei).

Day 1(31st): (Kaohsiung)
Touch down at Kaohsiung airport. Will be visiting
- pier 2 art district
- Takao railway museum
- Huada tapioca milktea
- Gangyuan taiwanese beef noodle
- Xinkujiang shopping district
- Liuhe night market
- maybe count down?

Day 2: Kaohsiung
- Breakfast
- Cycle at Cijin island
- British Consulate at Takow
- Kaohsiung Martyrs’ Shrine / Shoushan LOVE Valentine’s Lookout
- Kaohsiung Wude Hall
- Gushan Daitian Temple
- Dream mall

Day 3: Kaohshiung to Hualien
- Golden Triangle Shopping Area
- Hualien Railway Culture Park
- Dongdamen

Day 4: Hualien
Taroke Gorge (Booked a one day tour through Klook)

Day 5: Hualien to Taipei

Day 6-7 Taipei

I went to Kaohsiung in June this May but as its my first visit so I am quite a noob.
I feel your Kaohsiung itinerary could be a little too packed. Places like Pier 2 and Cijin island may take you more than half a day each liao. But lucky thing is you going in Dec, unlike when I was there in June which i was baked till chaota. :s22:
I will also suggest you give the malls a miss, really its nothing much compared to ours in Singapore. oh oh, but I do remember Dream Mall's receptionists are very chio. :p
I was shocked its not common to find a supermarket in their shopping malls though they are huge with so many storeys high, because that time i was helping colleagues to buy back instant noodles... haha

Oh ya, 31 Dec is a Monday which you may want to consider going to 勞工夜市which is located about 5mins walk away from sanduo mrt. This night market only open on Mondays, but I am not sure if they will open on new year's eve though. I remember this night market has a takoyaki stall operated by Japanese husband and Chinese wife, quite nice. There is also a young man selling 手工汽水 from the back of a van, very friendly fellow. I quite like this night market because it feels very old school and nostalgic as compared to the more established ones in Taipei.
And if you are a pet owner, you may want to check out there is a BIG pet shop near sanduo mrt too. Very big and well stocked.

And i still cannot get over how ulu Kaohsiung airport is. :p

rootz

Reaction score
Definitely feasible. Just that ppl not aware of your rationale.

YMS is nice. Just came back from there.

Thanks for the replies guys. Actually I been to TW more than 10 times and I know how to check the map of cos. I was thinking more in terms of traffic and if YMS is good to visit in winter period.

I am just bringing old folks this time, one of them want to go Jiufen (only) to get some stuff and visit old friend. And some want to go YMS, we have a driver, so thinking whether it is feasible just to go these 2 places.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Definitely feasible. We just want to tell you that you can add 1 or 2 attraction in between your route so not to waste your day.
Another thing is, YMS is possible to spend many hours there so you may want to consider changing your juifen to other day.

Synchroniza

Reaction score
Hi all, finally read more about Taiwan and have decided to go for this.. Please let me know if its too relax and if I am able to put more places in. First time travelling to Taiwan
:(

10 March - arrive at Taoyuan airport, take hsr to taichung. Driver to bring us around or maybe ownself walk walk

11 March - driver from one of hwz thread to bring us around taichung. (Hotel not booked yet) any to recommend in Taichung?

12 March - return to Taipei(staying either at Amba or Westgate hotel) all the way till 16 March flying back to SG.

I've read about some day trips I'm able to do to yeliu, jiufen(?) maybe I'll try to do it during the 4 days I'm in Taipei.

Thanks for all your help!
:)

Posted from PCWX using BLA-L29

Last edited:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, finally read more about Taiwan and have decided to go for this.. Please let me know if its too relax and if I am able to put more places in. First time travelling to Taiwan
:(

10 March - arrive at Taoyuan airport, take hsr to taichung. Driver to bring us around or maybe ownself walk walk

11 March - driver from one of hwz thread to bring us around taichung. (Hotel not booked yet) any to recommend in Taichung?

12 March - return to Taipei(staying either at Amba or Westgate hotel) all the way till 16 March flying back to SG.

I've read about some day trips I'm able to do to yeliu, jiufen(?) maybe I'll try to do it during the 4 days I'm in Taipei.

Thanks for all your help!
:)

Group?
Individual?

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Land at Taoyuan Airport 8am. Me and my gf :)

Oh red eye flight, after you reach Taichung check in hotel, can nap liao. Forget about day 1 tour Taichung. Day 1 DIY a bit Day 2 then do Taichung tour.
I stay in Lavida hotel, location good, room very big and good service.

You can do day trip from Taipei to juifen/shifen etc...
If you want, can go cingjing for 1 night, I love this place.

Synchroniza

Reaction score
Oh red eye flight, after you reach Taichung check in hotel, can nap liao. Forget about day 1 tour Taichung. Day 1 DIY a bit Day 2 then do Taichung tour.
I stay in Lavida hotel, location good, room very big and good service.

You can do day trip from Taipei to juifen/shifen etc...
If you want, can go cingjing for 1 night, I love this place.

Thanks for the reply!

Is one day for the tour around taichung enough? Will check out the hotel you mentioned and cing Jing :)

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

Is one day for the tour around taichung enough? Will check out the hotel you mentioned and cing Jing :)

I full day at least you can go to most of the popular one.
You list the attractions you planning to go, we can help you to shortlist it.

March is cherry blossom season, Cingjing is one of the spot. I stay in Star Villa (minsu) for your reference.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The weather at Taipei now is around 20++. Are the locals still wearing shirts / berms outside? I scare wait wear berms like sore in the thumb there... :p

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.