[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
25 and above wear berm no problem, I think only sg and my ppl wear the most.
25 below, better wear long pants.
they wear more than me ....

i remember i was there in early spring, 12-15 degree drizzling. me n friend was view like alien cos both of us summer wear, no jeans jus khaki 3/4 pants. yeliu will be cold due to chill factor by wind and gust.

Noted thanks. I think we Singaporeans we are quite siao when go cooler weather countries because we been too warm here lor. I remember about 10yrs ago I went HK in Jan, and the locals are mostly in furs and feathers, while my friends and me we are in tee and jeans even in the night when the temperature dropped to 10++ degrees. They keep staring at us, while we feel shiok finally cooling... haha :s22:

It's quite hard to find toilet in Taiwan

Sent from LGE LG-H870DS using GAGT

So far quite ok leh, only quite hard to find rubbish bin. Can ask the local for toilet location, they are very helpful.

Train stations have toilet..
On the other hand I find Hong Kong harder to find toilets.
Especially mongkok and temple street etc...
MacDonald's toilets always have few people queue up...
Went Cafe de coral seems slightly better. Not much people.

Ya man, I think we have been too used to facilities (washrooms / rubbish bins) readily available. Thats why when I go Taiwan, I will always prepare a plastic bag in my day bag which I will throw the trash in the plastic bag and empty it when lucky to see a rubbish bin or bring it back to hotel empty. For toilet, I think Taiwan easier than HK. So long have malls or eatery, usually should have a decent clean toilet. HK, nooooooo. I rem also 10yrs ago I was in HK, my friends and me were really walking around to hunt for a toilet, we went into malls and fastfood, no luck. You wonder why fastfood restaurant dont have right? I think it was Mongkok, we were super happy to see the "M" brand, dash in for the toilet. We saw the scariest sight in our live. The moment we open the gent's door, it was all dark, bad stench. Yes, its fastfood restaurant toilet. We thought just tahan lah, go in take a leak and leave. The few of us males went in, came out in 2 secs. The sewage probably exploded or what, everything was all over the wall and the smell was unbearable. We walked on until really bey tahan le, so one of the guy's gf went to ask a favour from a mall's security to borrow toilet, which was apparently locked up only available for the staff and shop owners in the mall...:eek:

One thing I still cannot get used to is Taiwan's hotel usually do not allow used toilet paper thrown into the toilet bowl. The few places I stayed usually will put a sign to warn, if stuck then need to pay for the plumber liaoz... :(
Throwing soiled with ahem toilet paper into waste bin really feel weird. I will keep thinking its smelly, though to be honest there isnt a smell lah... :p

oogeeoogee

Reaction score
Hello all, can I check if scoot ticket to Taiwan in June for 295 consider cheap? I think usually school holiday won't HV promo right?

oogeeoogee

Reaction score
My driver for my last trip is good. Can pm me for his contact if u need

Any Taipei driver to recommend for one day?

My itinerary as follows:
  1. Jiufen Old Street
  2. Golden Waterfall
  3. Yin Yang Sea
  4. YMS or Elephant Mountain for night scenery - can advise?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello all, can I check if scoot ticket to Taiwan in June for 295 consider cheap? I think usually school holiday won't HV promo right?

With or without check-in baggage? I think if no check-in baggage should cost about $220 for offpeak. So $295 for peak i think pretty reasonable already.
IMO

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For offpeak tickets, scoot usually is $160+ to $200+ onwards base fare ...

Yup jun school holidays hardly have promo ...
however, sometimes full fledged and budget airline does release promo fare for Jun travel period ....

Last Friday, Jetstar released $0 two way, fly end May and end Jun ...
Few weeks prior to that, JS also have $0 two way for the month of Jun (selected dates)
School terms III starts Mon 1 Jul to Fri 6 Sep ....
So some parents might bring their kids to fly end Jun period ...

Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hk is the worse place to hunt for toilets. Really sad. Human rights not there for toilets.
No wonder china guests resort to dumping on the streets

yeah ! Always go to toilet before leaving the mall lol ...
Always go toilet before leaving hotel to pasar malam ...

Went China, waiting for the traffic lights to turn green, the 9/10 year old boy told his parents he wants to pee. His parents told him to pee on the grass beside the traffic lights lol ...

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Noted thanks. I think we Singaporeans we are quite siao when go cooler weather countries because we been too warm here lor. I remember about 10yrs ago I went HK in Jan, and the locals are mostly in furs and feathers, while my friends and me we are in tee and jeans even in the night when the temperature dropped to 10++ degrees. They keep staring at us, while we feel shiok finally cooling... haha :s22:

Ya man, I think we have been too used to facilities (washrooms / rubbish bins) readily available. Thats why when I go Taiwan, I will always prepare a plastic bag in my day bag which I will throw the trash in the plastic bag and empty it when lucky to see a rubbish bin or bring it back to hotel empty. For toilet, I think Taiwan easier than HK. So long have malls or eatery, usually should have a decent clean toilet. HK, nooooooo. I rem also 10yrs ago I was in HK, my friends and me were really walking around to hunt for a toilet, we went into malls and fastfood, no luck. You wonder why fastfood restaurant dont have right? I think it was Mongkok, we were super happy to see the "M" brand, dash in for the toilet. We saw the scariest sight in our live. The moment we open the gent's door, it was all dark, bad stench. Yes, its fastfood restaurant toilet. We thought just tahan lah, go in take a leak and leave. The few of us males went in, came out in 2 secs. The sewage probably exploded or what, everything was all over the wall and the smell was unbearable. We walked on until really bey tahan le, so one of the guy's gf went to ask a favour from a mall's security to borrow toilet, which was apparently locked up only available for the staff and shop owners in the mall...:eek:

One thing I still cannot get used to is Taiwan's hotel usually do not allow used toilet paper thrown into the toilet bowl. The few places I stayed usually will put a sign to warn, if stuck then need to pay for the plumber liaoz... :(
Throwing soiled with ahem toilet paper into waste bin really feel weird. I will keep thinking its smelly, though to be honest there isnt a smell lah... :p

Thanks for the details. :s13:

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah ! Always go to toilet before leaving the mall lol ...
Always go toilet before leaving hotel to pasar malam ...

Went China, waiting for the traffic lights to turn green, the 9/10 year old boy told his parents he wants to pee. His parents told him to pee on the grass beside the traffic lights lol ...
One day he might pee in the lift and lift stucks!

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score

taiwan toilet culture akin to japan.

i was in japan for student exchange and the 1st day, i have to take lessons "how to use toilet"

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most buildings are quite old in taiwan, including taipei. their pipings cannot take solid objects like paper as it will jam up.

KingOfSbw

Master Member
Reaction score
most buildings are quite old in taiwan, including taipei. their pipings cannot take solid objects like paper as it will jam up.
Jus dont use too much paper lo
As in use abit flush...wait use again then flush again
But i have no such issue in via hotel xmd, theres no warning or whatsoever on the toilet paper

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
i dare say, taiwan public toilets x20 times more clean than singapore!! and they are almost unmanned. people are very CIVIC minded!

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But i have no such issue in via hotel xmd, theres no warning or whatsoever on the toilet paper

Use facial tissue is safe. Some really roll a lot and choke them.
Even in sg also choke la.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That’s coz the hotel u stayed at is newer or they changed the piping that’s why u can flush, older one will tell u don’t flush with paper

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I heard from a friend of this hotel too, newer bah I guess. But pangsai how to wait... :p

i dare say, taiwan public toilets x20 times more clean than singapore!! and they are almost unmanned. people are very CIVIC minded!
This I quite agree. Ours standards quite same as the other SEA countries in this region. Some coffeeshops toilets may be even scarier than hawker centre ones...

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

TLCTLC88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone try filling up the online arrival form? My trip is 3 weeks away. Can I fill up now or only can do so a day before departure?

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who bought the Taoyuan airport MRT token, do take note the collection is no longer at control station. It was when I went last year Oct de...
Collect at the booth ezfly, which is about a minute before you reach the control station.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.