Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 8

Like Tree815Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2019, 03:14 PM   #8911
High Supremacy Member

this old man frequent flyer with them
LA to Bangkok via Taipei

kena reported a few times liao but management only say will monitor but no further action taken

aiyo, ever since the ex-chairman (only child of the 2nd wife of the founder), the management which was taken over by the children of the 1st wife had not been treating the frontline staff such as the crews very well.
Ya lor.
Sadly, family business in different hands.
calkel20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #8912
Supremacy Member

Flying to Taoyuan tmr and will be at tp for for a few days. Hear say the temp in the day is around 15-18, at night is 11-13, quite chilly.

Online custom check-in done
Wifi router collecting at Klook counter
Taking guo guang bus to TPMS and transfer to xm station

Meanwhile, no itinerary to follow. Just very very free and easy, go where and eat what as we pass by
Just came back from taipei. weather quite gloomy, not very cold.

i took the mrt from airport to tms to xmd (via green line). just follow the signs, quite easy and fast. u can try this.
twosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #8913
Supremacy Member

But this wasn’t the case for us in our recent trip last month. As I had read from this forum that many had used the auto gates during their departure from Taoyuan Airport, so we thought that this is now the current practice and made our way to the auto gates. However we were stopped by an airport staff, telling us that the auto gates are not for people like us who are holding foreign passports and directed us to the manned counters. So ya, our passports all have the departure stamps.
I was also diverted to manual counters at times.
there are 2 queues: one for citizens and one for foreigners. the foreigners queue has 2 types of clearance: e-gate (default) and manned counters. i noticed some foreigners are automatically directed to manned counters by customs officers. i guess certain nationalities cannot use the e-gate. i used the e-gate and got thru' with no fuss.
Old 24-01-2019, 02:53 PM   #8914
High Supremacy Member

there are 2 queues: one for citizens and one for foreigners. the foreigners queue has 2 types of clearance: e-gate (default) and manned counters. i noticed some foreigners are automatically directed to manned counters by customs officers. i guess certain nationalities cannot use the e-gate. i used the e-gate and got thru' with no fuss.
lol i was directed to manned counter leh

is depends on the queue and their moods la
Old 24-01-2019, 05:24 PM   #8915
High Supremacy Member

I think so too.
Wanna change flight from 4/2-> 1/2
So much difference.
Old 24-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #8916

Just came back from taipei. weather quite gloomy, not very cold.

i took the mrt from airport to tms to xmd (via green line). just follow the signs, quite easy and fast. u can try this.
How much u pay and how long for the train? The bus to taipei train station is quite fast and cheap alr.
efreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #8917
High Supremacy Member

How much u pay and how long for the train? The bus to taipei train station is quite fast and cheap alr.
I think should be 160.
efreelancer likes this.
Old 24-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #8918
Supremacy Member

if use youyou card, nt150 tpe to tms. buy 1 way ticket is nt160. express train from t1 is 35min to tms. another 10 to 15min to tms via green line.

the bus is also efficient, but average 40min to 1hr depending on traffic. nt140 per trip. trains have no traffic to worry about.
Old 24-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #8919
Supremacy Member

not really. muslims tried to use the e-gate but unable to get through. end up the officers have to direct all of them to manned counters. did not see whether they are malaysians or indonesians.
Old 24-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #8920

if use youyou card, nt150 tpe to tms. buy 1 way ticket is nt160. express train from t1 is 35min to tms. another 10 to 15min to tms via green line.

the bus is also efficient, but average 40min to 1hr depending on traffic. nt140 per trip. trains have no traffic to worry about.
Yeh bus is very near and took ard or less than 40 mins usually and can see many things. But guess repeat visitors like me will take the train next time to see new scenery. But thinking back for such short distance tw charged so much more compared to our sg mrt and buses from changi lol.
efreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 08:47 AM   #8921
Great Supremacy Member

e-gate is bio passport right?

or e-gate needs a particular card holder? while i was there, there was a board that says only if u hold a certain card
Old 25-01-2019, 08:52 AM   #8922
High Supremacy Member

e-gate is bio passport right?

or e-gate needs a particular card holder? while i was there, there was a board that says only if u hold a certain card
E-gate works for us on departure.
But like what i have said, sometimes they do direct to stamping area.
Old 25-01-2019, 08:59 AM   #8923
Great Supremacy Member

i dun remember what i used for departure#sweatz

but good to know

thank you all
Old 25-01-2019, 03:06 PM   #8924
Supremacy Member

Yeh bus is very near and took ard or less than 40 mins usually and can see many things. But guess repeat visitors like me will take the train next time to see new scenery. But thinking back for such short distance tw charged so much more compared to our sg mrt and buses from changi lol.
wait till u visit other countries like japan. it is easily >$10 per trip.
Old 25-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #8925
Supremacy Member

i dun remember what i used for departure#sweatz

but good to know

thank you all
e-gate is using the machines to scan the passport and fingerprints. no interaction with customs officer.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.