Old 02-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #8971
High Supremacy Member

Relatives visiting for him For us, shop and shopping mall close
Happy Chinese New Year!
豬年行大運!
Old 02-02-2019, 07:19 PM   #8972

Sharing my 6D5N itinerary for Taichung + Cing Jing + Taipei + Yilan in Jan 2019

Link: http://www.flyhoneystars.com/2019/01...ng-jing-yilan/

Did a short climb in Taipei @ Jingmian Shan (aka Scissors Rock).

It was a good climb but it slightly scary towards the end..

It was a pretty hot winter this year. There wasn't snow at HeHuanShan! Oh wells.. global warming
Old 03-02-2019, 12:12 AM   #8973
Arch-Supremacy Member

Makan
Shopping
Light festival

is xitou monster village and jiji railway station worth visiting? xitou nature area looks nice.

the MV of this popular song was filmed in jiji railway station

i think i will visit cingjing again during my next trip cause it is very nice. but alishan is overrated and boring.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #8974
Supremacy Member

Happy Chinese New Year!
豬年行大運!
Happy Chinese New Year HUAT AH!!!
Old 03-02-2019, 09:56 AM   #8975
Supremacy Member

is xitou monster village and jiji railway station worth visiting? xitou nature area looks nice.

i think i will visit cingjing again during my next trip cause it is very nice. but alishan is overrated and boring.
I agree with you, alishan is so boring, at least I went on march can still see Sakura blossom. I love cingjing.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #8976
High Supremacy Member

Jiji is good.
From taichung must change train somewhere.
I went by car.
Alishan, no flowers, dun go.
Of course u can do other things. But i prefer to do all in March.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:58 PM   #8977
Master Member

豬年好運 諸事吉祥!
Happy Chinese New Year!
豬年行大運!
Old 03-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #8978

I agree with you, alishan is so boring, at least I went on march can still see Sakura blossom. I love cingjing.
Cingjing is quite a touristy area nowadays. The experience is good but half a day is good enough to cover most of cingjing alr.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:18 AM   #8979
High Supremacy Member

Cingjing is quite a touristy area nowadays. The experience is good but half a day is good enough to cover most of cingjing alr.
1/2 day to complete?!?!?!
Also need time to travel up lor.
I cannot do in 1/2 day seriously.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:32 AM   #8980
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cingjing farm quite big. need 3 hours to explore. walk from the north entrance to the windmill also need 1 hour. still need to explore carton king, swiss garden.

last time i went for cingjing farm + hehuan mountain tour. tour guide didn't even have time to bring us to the windmill.

there is another tour which excludes hehuan mtn but allow visitors to have more time in cingjing farm, swiss garden and carton king.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:56 AM   #8981
High Supremacy Member

Cingjing farm quite big. need 3 hours to explore. walk from the north entrance to the windmill also need 1 hour. still need to explore carton king, swiss garden.

last time i went for cingjing farm + hehuan mountain tour. tour guide didn't even have time to bring us to the windmill.

there is another tour which excludes hehuan mtn but allow visitors to have more time in cingjing farm, swiss garden and carton king.
The drive to hehuanshan is about 2h back n forth, not including stopover.
We even hike up the two nearby peaks.
Advantage is we stayed overnight there, so did one for each day.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:27 AM   #8982

Ha ha Cingjing quite small to me. The sheeps there are like domestic pets. In the morning see the sheep show, then walk around the hill. By noon prob finish liao lol. Zhen de no need tour guide lol. The swiss garden also quite small leh and they still charge entrance fee. The place feel quite man made/touristy. Is not the kind of real rustic farm/area you see in Australia / China / Thailand.

Ya excluding the travelling time and hehuan mtn.

Ok lah good to stay in Minsu for 1 night as you get to see the beautiful night and morning view.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #8983
High Supremacy Member

Ha ha Cingjing quite small to me. The sheeps there are like domestic pets. In the morning see the sheep show, then walk around the hill. By noon prob finish liao lol. Zhen de no need tour guide lol. The swiss garden also quite small leh and they still charge entrance fee. The place feel quite man made/touristy. Is not the kind of real rustic farm/area you see in Australia / China / Thailand.

Ya excluding the travelling time and hehuan mtn.

Ok lah good to stay in Minsu for 1 night as you get to see the beautiful night and morning view.
No need guide is correct.
But 1/2 day u say can finish all, me shock.
I also dun dare say that as a statement.
Old 05-02-2019, 05:10 PM   #8984

For Cing Jing, I did a 2D1N there.

We reached our accom at about lunch time. Went over to Cing Jing Farm. After that went to the Skywalk and walked down to swiss garden. Entered Swiss Garden (honestly nothing much) and then took the public bus up to our accommodation and ate chicken in a restaurant nearby.

Next morning, 4:30am pickup for sunrise tour, About 7:30/8am went back at accom. Had breakfast, slept a bit before checking out. Had lunch at Old England before heading back down to Taichung.

To be honest, would be a lot better if we drove/hired driver but as there were only two of us, we opted for public transport and tours + a lot of walking..

I really enjoyed the scenery there. Felt really good to be high up on the mountains!
Old 07-02-2019, 02:06 AM   #8985
Arch-Supremacy Member

hows the weather in taichung/taipei now?

will be going there next week
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.